Did Mineralize Foundation Loose Make you look ashy?

marielle78

I am tempted to order it but I don't want to bother with it if it makes WOC look dry and ashy like Bare Essentials often can. How'd it work for you?

lovely333

Did you order it I want it but was wondering the same thing. No one is talking about it. I know I've seen it at the Saks counter but not at the other MAC counter

amoona

It will look ashy if you get a color that is too light. So far on all the customers I've tried it looks great as long as the color is right. You should go to the counter to try it out first to make sure you'd like the look of it.

wifey806

I was told by a way too honest mac assoc. that the one for her skintone is way too pink. she's like nc30 or 35.

I'd buy the dark, but as an nc50 she told me she didn't think i'd like it because just like the pressed mineral powder (msf?) the "dark" makes me look orange.

after seeing them in person, it seems like if you're nw, or like to wear nw's, you'd be happy. i dunno... i'd love to be proven wrong lol
2cents.gif

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifey806
I was told by a way too honest mac assoc. that the one for her skintone is way too pink. she's like nc30 or 35.

I'd buy the dark, but as an nc50 she told me she didn't think i'd like it because just like the pressed mineral powder (msf?) the "dark" makes me look orange.

after seeing them in person, it seems like if you're nw, or like to wear nw's, you'd be happy. i dunno... i'd love to be proven wrong lol
2cents.gif

I think you are right. I only saw the shades that were in stock at Nordstrom. I think Medium Dark was the darkest but I'm not sure. Anyway, I wear NW so it would work for me but I remeber thinking that they were on the pink side.

MacArtistFauryn

I love this powder!!!!!!!!!!!!

It donsn't match me perfectly, so I have to use it sparingly.... I use deep dark and dark.... I layer it over my Tech when I want my skin to really look flawless....

Twinkle_Twinkle

I think the colors run lighter than the current Natural MSF's. I'm NW45 and Deep Dark in the MSF but Deeper Dark in the Mineralize Foundation.

d n d

I would def test the colors before you buy. I thought I would be deep dark in the mineralized loose and I actually had to get the deeper dark. The colors do seem to run a little light (my opinion) considering a lot of people in the forums said the colors were running too dark. Go figure!

neezer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marielle78
I am tempted to order it but I don't want to bother with it if it makes WOC look dry and ashy like Bare Essentials often can. How'd it work for you?

Now i was scared to get this because i thought the same...so i just went to the counter and let them do it to test and see..i have Deeper Dark and i just use it around the outer section of my face and i use a buffer brush to buff it in and it makes my skin look GREATTTTT! i had to grow to love it lol. but i have ecezma in spots on my face and i put it on top and it works well. Basically as long as you are moisturizing your face with the right type of moisturizer, you should be straight.

wifey806

i'm oily so I got Dark thinking I'd oxidize to a darker color. But d*amn, it runs soo light! If I liked it enough, I'd get another shade darker (at least!) oops!
001_unsure.gif

If i use it as a setting powder, the color is fine though, but that's not what I WANTED. I'm also going to play around to get more coverage. Buffing it on with a 182 dupe gave me the same feel as dusting studio fix on with a powder brush. Kinda like... heavier than a pressed powder, but lighter than studio fix applied with the sponge. Hopefully that makes sense, its 2am...

Kaycee37

I'm NC-45 and I think
cry.gif
..I like this foundation. I purchased dark and I use the small buffer brush to apply. Looks good when done. I tested it for about four hours. Didn't need to tighten up with blot powder. But I'm really oily and I'm not sure how this will work for the long haul..or night on the town. I'll keep playing with it and report back!

HTH
thmbup.gif

GlamYOURUs

Not at all! It made my skin look fresh and flawless. I too was a lil apprehensive about it but I am so glad I bought it. It gives a nice medium flawless coverage. Not cakey or ashy at all. Oh and they run a lil darker so make sure you ask the MA for the right shade.

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinxii
any more experiences with this?

I've been trrrrrying to like it. but I'm over it. weak product, even worse packing.
angry.gif
<---- that's for the lid that u always think is closed, even after u double check, and then u loose 1/2 of the product to your bathroom mats, sink, clothes... I'd rather just buy Studio fix!!! B2Mac... here comes more plastic!!

thmbdn.gif

d n d

Did this foundation make anyone else's face itch? I thought it would be sensitive skin friendly w/o the talc and all but I guess it wasn't made for me. I did like the look it gave but I couldn't hang with the way my face felt when I wore it. I had to take it back...
ssad.gif