Did Mineralize Foundation Loose Make you look ashy?

K_ashanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by seymone25
I love love love this foundation.. My skintone is dark dark and I do not get ashy at all.

i'm an nw 45 too i been wonder how it looks on are tone i had the pressed powder, i loved it but somebody stole it
ssad.gif

ni this i'ma pick this up in stead

hollyberry84

I agree it has a slight hint of orange. I am a NC35 and I were Medium plus. I do love the texture.I have dry skin too. Great for summer. I think they need to keep it but, revamp the colors to match better!

spectrolite

Has anyone else tried these? I really want to order one since I don't think they are coming out here in Australia, but I'm not sure what colour to get. I'm NW43-45 and usually wear MSF Natural in Dark. There seems to be a bit of a division, some people say they run light and others say they run dark.. I'm confused hehe!

TIA
smiles.gif

sweetface

HATED it, neither dark nor deep dark matched my skintone exactly, and my skintone is not that hard to match, I can find a foundation match in pretty much every brand. It looked like it was just sitting on my face, not a look i'm aiming for with foundation

elongreach

A MA tried this out on me when it first came out at Nordies during Heatherette. I just didn't like it. I felt super powdery. She used Medium Deep like I do in my MSF and I probably needed a shade darker since this was the only thing I had on.

erica_1020

I just bought Dark today...keeps fingers crossed it won't break me out. I tried Deep Dark but it was a little too dark/orange. So I bought Dark. I am NC45/C7 usually.

eta---my DH asked why the outside of my face looked gray. we just bought a new house with a lot of natural light. It was the loose msf in dark. I took it back waited a week and now will try deep dark

Flutterflyy

I bought Deep Dark, and when the MA tested it on me it was a little dark and "muddy" as well. I haven't opened it yet, but I'm thinknig of exchanging it for Dark. I'm an NC50 in general. What do you guys think?

prettysecrets

I'm surprised by the not so great reviews.

I am in LOVE with this stuff. I use Deep Dark and I think it's perfect!

Not to heavy and just enough coverage to make my skin look flawless.

I just ordered the new view MSF since I was running low.

I couldn't pass up the chance to get two for one basically ( MSF natural and shimmer)

fabbygurl21

I just bought this foundation today and I love it. I wear Deep Dark in the Studio Mist Foundation and NW 50 in the Select pressed powder. I bought the Mineral Foundation in Deep Dark. It looks great especially with my new blush Sweet as Cocoa. I love it
thmbup.gif

Kaycee37

Okay I'm reporting back ...
I purchased the foundation in Dark, and felt it was a little too "golden/orange". I then purchased a med-dark and mixed them not equally but just enough to lose that too golden/orange tone. The results are great!
I like this foundation, I apply it with my buffer brush after applying my concealer. The results are great...but you have too make sure you don't apply it too heavy. Or else...drag show here I come!!
yahoo.gif

HTH!
NC-45

reesesilverstar

Honestly, I'm upset with mineral makeup. Cuz no matter which brand I try, the shade that's for me looks WAAAAAAAAAAAY too ashy. And the ones that look half decent are darker than my neck... I pretty much give up on it. Until they start being serious about the blends I'm gonna look, but I'm not buying any.

hmmph! lol

neonbright

It makes me look orange, so I use Mary Kay Pressed Mineral Powder, with a spay of Fix+ at the end and blend and I look dewy.

MAHALO

I'm a NW43 ... no problem with the Mineralized loose in Dark or the Mineralized Satin Finish in NW43. Because my skin is normal/slightly dry in the cooler weather, I'm wearing the satin finish more now. I'll probably trend more towards powders during hot, sticky, humid weather.

MakeupAmore

I love this foundation! I'm a NW47/50. I use the Deep Dark in this foundation and yes it does make me look ashy, but the key for me was the 187 and one of those water spritzers like Fix+.

I've used a kabuki like the 181 or 182 and I didn't get the same flawless natural look like I do using the 187. I also spritz my face with Sephora's radiance mist before I apply the mineralize foundation and after. because it's minerals the water just helps make it more blendable and it seems to match my skintone (almost exactly) better. My sister is a few shades lighter than me like an NW 45 and she uses deep dark also. Using this method for applying it works perfect for her as well. Her skin looks flawless.

Some people also spritz their brush brush instead of their face. It's really just about what works for you. There's no way I can use it dry, and if you haven't yet try using some H2O.