Dior Cosmetics Discussion

MACina

I wonder how this highlighter compares to Chanel Poudre Signee de Chanel.It doesn't look rose gold to me in this picture.
I think that this is Perle d’Or.There will be another one called Rose d’Or which should be the rose gold shade.

Seeing this pic I' d say that this one is not close to the Chanel PS.The PS is more a beige-gold with a hint of
pink (at least on me) whereas this one seems to be "pure gold".

Sylvia60

And here's more on the Golden Winter collection
http://www.makeup4all.com/dior-golden-winter-makeup-collection-for-christmas-2013/

MACina

This collection does not really appeal to me.I am only interested in Rose d' Or in case it is significant more
pink than gold.

sarabeautime

This collection does not really appeal to me.I am only interested in Rose d' Or in case it is significant more pink than gold.
Tha same here. I have so many "golden" highlighters but a pink one which is not very frost would have been great. I am not impressed by the eye quints but I may pick up the gold Diorshow Fusion Mono, that I will do after trying it out.

Darby

Beautizine posted about the holiday collection. Although she doesn't include the highlighting powders in her photos and information. I don't see her mention the rose gold liner either :( I wonder if this is what the US is getting? http://www.beautezine.com/dior-golden-winter-collection-for-holiday-2013-photos-information/

elkaknits

I am beyond disappointed that Royale nail polish and lipstick do not seem to be available in the US. I was really looking forward to them. Because Diva and Marilyn are repromotes from last year that means only 2 new lippies and nail polishes for me :C I suppose my wallet {and husband} is happy but last year I purchased all 4 lippies and was looking forward to expanding the color range. So basically a ton of reds in Diorific which is not a big deal. I love red lipsticks. But something clearly not red would have been nice for me.

katred

Specktra Bestie
http://www.beautezine.com/dior-golden-winter-collection-for-holiday-2013-photos-information/
It could be reflective of what the US is getting, but she's based in Canada, so there's an even greater chance that it's reflective of what Canada is getting. Dior has been offering different (smaller) versions of their collections to Canada, so I wouldn't despair for the US yet.

jebogewf

I am beyond disappointed that Royale nail polish and lipstick do not seem to be available in the US. I was really looking forward to them. Because Diva and Marilyn are repromotes from last year that means only 2 new lippies and nail polishes for me :C I suppose my wallet {and husband} is happy but last year I purchased all 4 lippies and was looking forward to expanding the color range. So basically a ton of reds in Diorific which is not a big deal. I love red lipsticks. But something clearly not red would have been nice for me.
I wanted the Royale Diorific Vernis too. The only thing I can think of--or hope is that maybe some things we might not get will show up on Selfridges--b/c they ship here now. Though the shipping is atrocious.

vaisforluvrs

http://www.beautezine.com/dior-golden-winter-collection-for-holiday-2013-photos-information/
Honestly, it sounds like everyone is getting different information so we will probably just have to wait to see what stores get what. Temptalia lists the Royale lipstick but not the nail polish. And I haven't seen anyone mention in their "press release" the rouge serums though I have seen pics floating about. I'd really like to see the Golden Pink one!

And I just noticed that Dior has the collection for purchase on the US website. EVERYTHING is posted on the international site though not for sale. I'm going to wait until maybe next week to see if Nordstrom or NM has the collection.

elkaknits

I know I looked at a UK company for the diorifics in general. They have a greater color range than on the US Dior website and already list several of the new holiday colors. I forget where I was looking but they said they would not ship the Dior stuff... does Shelfridges ship cosmetics? Maybe it was because I had polish in my bag and I see they don't offer international for nail polish. The UK is very strict about that which caused problems for several UK based nail polish companies. There was a huge flap with ummm A England polishes. Not a bad flap just a blip which resolved itself nicely via stockists. Kudos to the A England people for quickly dealing with new postal regulations.

It looks like I may be looking for a CP sooner or later. This is not me requesting a CP at the moment but just a big overwhelming sadness that the entire line pictured on bloggers sites for past few months is not available here. I have been sooooo excited about the lipsticks and have said from beginning that I was Team All The Lipsticks {with exception of Diva which I already own} It was really hard for me to stop with Winter, Royale and Minuet. I could easily to the other 2 colors going by pictures although I would have preferred to see those in person and swatch on my arm.

One ad shows the fushia nail polish with a fushia lipstick and that has to be Royale since I now own Minuet and Marilyn and there is no way that is what is being pictured in promo. I am really surprised that it is not being mentioned in several bloggers 'official press release'

jebogewf

I know I looked at a UK company for the diorifics in general. They have a greater color range than on the US Dior website and already list several of the new holiday colors. I forget where I was looking but they said they would not ship the Dior stuff... does Shelfridges ship cosmetics? Maybe it was because I had polish in my bag and I see they don't offer international for nail polish. The UK is very strict about that which caused problems for several UK based nail polish companies. There was a huge flap with ummm A England polishes. Not a bad flap just a blip which resolved itself nicely via stockists. Kudos to the A England people for quickly dealing with new postal regulations.

It looks like I may be looking for a CP sooner or later. This is not me requesting a CP at the moment but just a big overwhelming sadness that the entire line pictured on bloggers sites for past few months is not available here. I have been sooooo excited about the lipsticks and have said from beginning that I was Team All The Lipsticks {with exception of Diva which I already own} It was really hard for me to stop with Winter, Royale and Minuet. I could easily to the other 2 colors going by pictures although I would have preferred to see those in person and swatch on my arm.

One ad shows the fushia nail polish with a fushia lipstick and that has to be Royale since I now own Minuet and Marilyn and there is no way that is what is being pictured in promo. I am really surprised that it is not being mentioned in several bloggers 'official press release'
I have been wanting to pickup some Suqqu products for the longest time--but haven't b/c they are so hard to get. Or were so hard to get. But now that Selfridges ships here, I can get what I want. No, they probably don't ship nail polish unfortunately, but if we are unable to get the highlighter powders here, they might have them--that is my hope. Whatever it shows on their website as the cost of an item being--they deduct VAT/taxes, so it's actually less. Like if something is listed at 85 pounds--it ends up being around 70 pounds. BUT--then they add on a ridiculous amount of shipping--like 25 pounds. So, when I do finally make an order there--it will be for a ton of stuff. LOL.

sarabeautime

I always get Dior from Escentuals.
They have every product (they even still have Bonne Etoile!) and their shipping prices are reasonable. The prices of the products are also less than German prices.

http://www.escentual.com/help-and-advice/customer-services/delivery-info/

I believe nail polish can only be shipped with express though and they only have express for Europe if I am reading it right. Maybe someone can check it out with a US address and let us know if it works :)

sarabeautime

Heads-up: Dior Holiday Collection is now available in Germany, at douglas online shop. They currently have four nail polishes (Minuit, Marilyn, Royale, Winter), 6 lipsticks (Diva, Etoile, Winter, Joy, Royale, Minuit) and both of the palettes. Yay!

vaisforluvrs

Well, I emailed Dior and they told me that not all products are available in the US market. I specifically asked about the Rouge Serums, Illuminating Powder, and the Diorific in Joy :( I wonder why they have more products in the International markets.

elkaknits

argh... the Winter collection is up on the Dior us website. They do not have the Royale nail polish listed at all which means I won't be able to get it due to nail polish mail rules. Sobs piteously

jebogewf

argh... the Winter collection is up on the Dior us website. They do not have the Royale nail polish listed at all which means I won't be able to get it due to nail polish mail rules. Sobs piteously
You can always try to find someone overseas to swap with on MUA or somewhere else--or even resort evilbay.

elkaknits

I am going to see if I can do a swap with somebody I guess. It looks like frimas is not available in Germany so far and it looks to be a lovely mauve. If the shimmer in it shows up half as well as the shimmer shows up in Minuit it will be a stunner

ah review of three nail colors: http://theobsessedblog.com/2013/10/16/dior-diorific-vernis-for-holiday-2013/

and minuit in particular: http://www.nailderella.com/2013/10/dior-golden-winter-collection-holiday.html