Dior Cosmetics Discussion

Dominique33

I usually don't buy np from these collections but that mint green one is calling my name. Gorgeous colours in this collection... I don't own any Dior quads/singles yet... any advice on their pigmentation generally? I was looking at the singles but they seemed a bit dry, hope the quads can be built up.

Sorry if this has been posted, swatches of Samba and Bahia:
http://www.bellachique.be/2013/04/dior-bird-of-paradise-summer-nail-lacquer-duo-in-samba-001/
Dior quints are sometimes very chalky, it really depends on the collection. The summer 2013 ones are very good, the regular ones too but some LE are pretty bad. Some are acceptable though. The new single eyeshadows are exactly the same. Some are good, others are not. I am a huge fan of Dior quints ( I have 9 so far ), but pigments are not so good as Urban Decay ones for example.

shontay07108

I have no business looking at the blush/bronzer from this collection b/c I just bought 2 Nars blushes, but I am curious. I hope this is in Nordstroms when I go tomorrow so I can have a look. Dior isn't a brand that usually works for me. I get worked up about the packaging, but the products don't come through for me. We'll see.

Miss QQ

I have no business looking at the blush/bronzer from this collection b/c I just bought 2 Nars blushes, but I am curious. I hope this is in Nordstroms when I go tomorrow so I can have a look. Dior isn't a brand that usually works for me. I get worked up about the packaging, but the products don't come through for me. We'll see.
Dior products are a hit and miss for me and sometimes the packaging doesn't work for me too. The packaging of the bronzer is stunning though, which was why I bought the Nude Tan last summer.

Icecaramellatte

Bloomies had this collection today. I didn't spend too much time as I was shopped out and I was balancing a lot of bags. The Blush/Bronzer didn't show up much on my hand. The polishes were pretty but looked similar to some in my collection and they were minis. I don't know if it was said because I just skimmed the thread but they are mini duos. Anyway, the eyeshadows looked okay. I wasn't quite in love but I think I need a better applicator to apply them than the pointy q-tip they gave me. A couple of colors looked like they might be unique to my collection so I think I will go back and try again and use a better applicator, brush or just try it on my eyes. I kind of like both of the color schemes. I didn't notice the lip colors. I'm sure they were there but I was most interested in the blush and quints.

shontay07108

I saw this collection in Nordstroms. I wasn't tempted to buy anything. Didn't really dig the pigmentation on the green palette, the lip pencils were really sheer and the coral blush/bronzer was just OK. Not wowed by the possibilites on my complexion. So, it looks pretty, but not necessary for me.

Icecaramellatte

I saw this collection in Nordstroms. I wasn't tempted to buy anything. Didn't really dig the pigmentation on the green palette, the lip pencils were really sheer and the coral blush/bronzer was just OK. Not wowed by the possibilites on my complexion. So, it looks pretty, but not necessary for me.
Good to know. I wondered if I just wasn't applying it well as I was loaded down with bags and only using one hand.

MACina

Ah no....I was so much hoping that it was a "good" palette since I like the colors so much
ssad.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
Ah no....I was so much hoping that it was a "good" palette since I like the colors so much
ssad.gif
My thoughts exactly. I liked the look of both palettes, but especially the green one. I'm still wondering about my decision to skip both Spring palettes. Loved the colours, but felt like I could dupe them... Always seems to happen to me with Dior.

shontay07108

The green palette is the one I swatched. It was so pretty in the pan. I know sometimes shadows can work better on the lid than on the hand, but it didn't make me want to take the chance. My Chanel Lilium quad which contains the same colors, swatches great and performs great. I'll just stick to that. Really disappointed with those lip pencils, too. Might as well use vaseline.

Dominique33

My thoughts exactly. I liked the look of both palettes, but especially the green one. I'm still wondering about my decision to skip both Spring palettes. Loved the colours, but felt like I could dupe them... Always seems to happen to me with Dior.
The spring palettes are a bit chalky esp. the soft one. Rose Charmeuse is better ( I have it ), but the other is clearly dupable. Pigments are so pale and the texture itself is not so good. Rose Charmeuse is lovely and much more intense.
As for the Summer collection I took both quints ( the texture is smooth and velvety ), 2 Jelly pens, 2 Dior Addict ( Exotique and On the Beach, which I love ), the blush which is perfect ( very soft and smooth texture, great colour I took 001 ) and 1 polish duo ( Bahia ). I am very glad about my haul, now I focus on the Chanel Summer collection but the Dior one is impressive.
Chérie Bow is a pretty collection too, but honestly you can pass on the quints.

Miss QQ

Thanks for the reviews on the collection. I don't wear a lot of green on my eyes so I can pass the quints, and i have Lilium. If the lip jellies are very sheer I'll pass too. Did anyone like the Dior Addict lipsticks? I'm interested in the nail polish duos. Dominique - Did you get Pink or Coral Glow? Did you not like Samba or do you have dupes?

MACina

I have and love this palette too
eyelove.gif

The green palette is the one I swatched. It was so pretty in the pan. I know sometimes shadows can work better on the lid than on the hand, but it didn't make me want to take the chance. My Chanel Lilium quad which contains the same colors, swatches great and performs great. I'll just stick to that. Really disappointed with those lip pencils, too. Might as well use vaseline.

MACina

Dominique, does Pink Glow show up more pink or more bronze/brown?

I saw the swatches of Coral Glow and they looked quite brown and way too warm for me.

Unless Pink Glow is really more pink, it is a skip for me.Even though I would love to get it....it looks so
pretty in the pan.I would love it to look pink with only a hint of bronzy shimmer!

The spring palettes are a bit chalky esp. the soft one. Rose Charmeuse is better ( I have it ), but the other is clearly dupable. Pigments are so pale and the texture itself is not so good. Rose Charmeuse is lovely and much more intense.
As for the Summer collection I took both quints ( the texture is smooth and velvety ), 2 Jelly pens, 2 Dior Addict ( Exotique and On the Beach, which I love ), the blush which is perfect ( very soft and smooth texture, great colour I took 001 ) and 1 polish duo ( Bahia ). I am very glad about my haul, now I focus on the Chanel Summer collection but the Dior one is impressive.
Chérie Bow is a pretty collection too, but honestly you can pass on the quints.

Dominique33

lol I was going to post the link ( left a comment in German on the site ) ! So yes, it's really pink, even some kind of watermelon if you want intensity on your cheeks but it's also very soft ( the texture is really very good ). I would recommand it, and the Kabuki is good.

MACina

Thank you, Dominique!

I am really tempted now to get it."Watermelon" sounds gorgeous for summer
eyelove.gif

Enjoy all your new goodies
flower.gif

lol I was going to post the link ( left a comment in German on the site ) ! So yes, it's really pink, even some kind of watermelon if you want intensity on your cheeks but it's also very soft ( the texture is really very good ). I would recommand it, and the Kabuki is good.

Latest posts