DJ AM died!!!!!!!!

Redz24

He used to be addicted to crack cocaine when he was in his early 20's, but then became clean. He was clean for 9 years after a interview in 2007.

Then having the plane crash and is girlfriend broke off there relationship the other week.

I think things may have got too much for him.

Also Travis Barker hasn't twittered for a while now, poor guy.

RIP DJ AM!!

luhly4

Travis Barker's Twitter:

Quote:
Don't know how i am gonna play 2night but i am for AM. My brother is gone.i love u and miss u, i'll never forget all the good times we had.

Quote:
I'll never forget everything we've been thru and every time i play the drums i'll think of you. U were an amazing friend/DJ/human being.

Quote:
Rest In Peace my brother, this really fucks me up.

cry.gif

Also, about all the 'speculation' about his death having to do with his girlfriend that broke up with him, this is what his good friend of i believe 20 years said

Quote:
I swear to god if I hear another fucking idiot say he did this cuz he was distraught over his EX-gf... trust me that wasn't the issue. stfu!

R.I.P. AM

chocolategoddes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
It was fate though. He beat death during the plane crash but death got him in the end.

I know, right? This is some Final Destination, shit!

I'm still in shock, surprisingly. I'm not even a huge fan of his.
The only way I even knew who he was because of Nicole Richie and then that plane crash. :/

LMD84

RIP dj am.

suck when young people die
ssad.gif
didn't know much about him other than he used to be engaged to nicole richie and was in the terrible plane crash. poor guy

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhunt2
That sucks!

It was fate though. He beat death during the plane crash but death got him in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I know, right? This is some Final Destination, shit!/

Some Final Destination shit indeed. That's the first thing that popped into myt head, especially since he and Travis were the only two to survive that plane crash.

User35

I dont know how to say it but I think him being hooked on drugs after he got a second chance at life is extremely rude. Idk if rude is the word..maybe disrespectful ? Idk. To be given a second chance and make the choice to kill yourself ( idk if it was intentional or not but when doing drugs you know you take that risk) with drugs is plain stupid.

MACATTAK

I hear you. I felt the same way...like he was just being careless and selfish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalieR429
I dont know how to say it but I think him being hooked on drugs after he got a second chance at life is extremely rude. Idk if rude is the word..maybe disrespectful ? Idk. To be given a second chance and make the choice to kill yourself ( idk if it was intentional or not but when doing drugs you know you take that risk) with drugs is plain stupid.

luhly4

But thing is, he was addicted to drugs before. Whether someone is sober for a week or 11 years like he was, you can relapse at any time. He had also mentioned in an interview that he felt guilty everyday about the crash last year, since he was the only one [and travis] that survived.

I'm not saying what he did was okay, but someone really must've gotten to him considering he did go sober for that long.

Ruby_Woo

Quote:
Originally Posted by User35

That is what I thought when I heard of his death. And you know when someone dies you feel a sort of pity or something, I dunno, I just didnt because it feels like this guy survived a major accident, and then he goes and finishes the job. I think the word is "ungrateful" I mean, not many get to survive that sort of accident, there are kids who will never get a second chance you know? And he just blew it. I don't judge him because I don't know what its like to have an addiction, but you'd figure he change with that experience.