Do I look like a clown? LOL...first FOTD ever :)

AshleyDanielle

Alright
smiles.gif
I am very new to makeup....and have been trying to practice applying makeup and following tutorials. It's my 23rd birthday tomorrow, and we celebrated this past weekend.

My fiance INSISTS that I was wearing WAY too much makeup, and that I looked like a "clown" and a whore....(lol can I say that on here?). I really thought I looked good, but he insists that it looks sooooo "overdone"

I would love CC please!!!! Anything you can think of? I am not very good at blending eyeshadow in my oppinion.

First picture (Saturday nights makeup):

FACE: Monistat chafing gel for primer
Revlon custom color creations foundation (medium/dark bottle)
MAC solar riche bronzer to contour *not very good at contouring i see lol*

EYES:
MAC Nylon
MAC Mythology
MAC Bronze
cover girl eyeliner in black
drugstore mascara that is in a orange container *sorry dont remember off hand*

Salon professionals eyelashes #33
LIP:
NARS Turkish Delight

Second/Third picture:

All is the exact same as first picture, except I used different color eyeshadows:

EYES:
MAC Nylon
MAC nightlight pigment
MAC typographic

http://www.specktra.net/forum/attach...d=125114106 9

http://www.specktra.net/forum/attach...d=125114118 3

http://www.specktra.net/forum/attach...d=125114118 3
*please excuse my large humongo pores lol
th_LMAO.gif

malaviKat

I think it looks good! Your fiancé probably just isn't used to seeing you in that much makeup but you did a great job with it!

My major cc would be to make sure you blend the top of your shadow out (either into your highlight or just onto your brow) so you don't have a distinct line of demarcation. Otherwise, it looks gorgeous!

(Please add the products you used or the mods will move your post.)
smiles.gif

Yagmur

I think you look great, but I would recommend you to accent your Brows a little bit more
smiles.gif

AshleyDanielle

Now I do have the #224 brush for blending, but I am afraid that if I try to blend 2 or 3 eyeshadows together that I will just muddy them all into one color....lol

AshleyDanielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yagmur
I think you look great, but I would recommend you to accent your Brows a little bit more
smiles.gif

I definitly agree with you with accenting my eyebrows. I have thin little whispy eyebrows, but I am afraid that if I color them in that I will look like I have black tattooed on eyebrows. lol. I have never colored them in...I think thats my next mission
smiles.gif

pdtb050606

I really like it, I agree with maybe just blending the top line more. Someone on here (MzzRach or blindpassion) said to never put color on your 224--just run it over the top line lightly, hth
smiles.gif

SoSoSteph

You are clearly beautiful and I'm very sad to hear the insults that were given to you by your fiance. You did an excellent job on your makeup.

AshleyDanielle

Aww you mamas are soo sweet
smiles.gif
Thanks for the tip Pamela
smiles.gif

My fiance just kept saying that my eyes looked really "clown-ish" I told him to f-off cuz I liked it, but he just kept saying....please don't put on the false eyelashes, and saying like you have big-ish eyes and that I am not suppose to put makeup all the way up like I did...only on the lid. lol I told him I loved it but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't "Mimi from Drew Carey" lol.

Half N Half

I agree with everything that has already been said. I think adding a highlight and blending your shadow/highlight color and also defining your brows would give everything a more finished look. Other than that I think it looks great.

Vlcatko

I love the colors! I wish I were bold enough to wear them myself
winks.gif
I try and try and sometimes it looks more-or-less OK but I am still scared to go out like that
winks.gif

I think you look great with those looks, tho' if it were me, I would skip the false lashes - they are so smexy I can see someone saying they are too much ;P (Just my honest opinion, I hope you are not irked
winks.gif
))

But definitely definitely you do not look like a clown! (Hey, do not worry, when I came from my first makeover my boyfriend said: "Whoa, darling, you look like someone hit you hard in the eye. Twice. That's awful..." Yeah, he were THAT supportive - and for the first time in my life I had thought makeup looked good on me ;P But I have not given up and nowadays I get an occasional compliment or two
winks.gif
So keep trying, one day he will see the truth ;D)

*note to self: do not babble overmuch, people just might not care*

lovelydisarray

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyDanielle
I definitly agree with you with accenting my eyebrows. I have thin little whispy eyebrows, but I am afraid that if I color them in that I will look like I have black tattooed on eyebrows. lol. I have never colored them in...I think thats my next mission
smiles.gif

I totally have the same fear of my eyebrows looking too drawn in! The best way imo to avoid this is to use a powder instead of a pencil. also, stick with a brown shade so they don't end up looking too harsh. I love love love my bareMinerals brow color. it looks so soft & natural. I have dark brown hair and I actually use the dark blonde/medium brown. I hope that helps!

Also, you don't look too over done in these pics. I love the bold colors! You're very pretty! : )

AshleyDanielle

I am not "irked" at all
smiles.gif
I know I should save false eyelashes for evening/going out at night...but I like it when people stop and stare and are jealous....lol aren't we all? I kind of like the playmate-ish look (sexy smokey eyes/pink lips)....but he didn't call me a whore.....he said my makeup looks like a "stripper"....lol I use to be one, once upon a time, and I did my makeup heavily for the stage, and the thinks I am trying to bring that kind of dramatic makeup to everyday life. But I honestly don't think I am....I think he is just use to the Mom I have become....lol (you know no makeup/un-brushed hair, sweatpants...etc..)

kissesPb

I think your makeup really looks great. I agree to everyone, fill in your eyebrows with a color that is 1 or 2 shade lighter than your actual hair color. I think that will complete the look. Maybe your bf is not used to seeing you with all that glamour makeup, oh well he has to get used to it.

KIT

I agree with everyone, especially the brows. Just go to a cosmetic counter and have them show you. If he thinks ur makeup is too dramatic, maybe think about growing out your brows to make them fuller, then maybe wear less eyeshadow. According to the sephora fall catalog, big brows are back in!!! But i think u look great!!!
Also congrats on the engagement!!!

Yagmur

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelydisarray
I totally have the same fear of my eyebrows looking too drawn in! The best way imo to avoid this is to use a powder instead of a pencil. also, stick with a brown shade so they don't end up looking too harsh. I love love love my bareMinerals brow color. it looks so soft & natural. I have dark brown hair and I actually use the dark blonde/medium brown. I hope that helps!

Also, you don't look too over done in these pics. I love the bold colors! You're very pretty! : )

iagree.gif
I use MAC's Browshader. Sadly it's discontinued.
But you can always use an Eyeshadow for your Brows
smiles.gif