Do I look like a clown? LOL...first FOTD ever :)

Takia26

Happy 23rd B-Day. The make up is beautiful. I like the 217 brush for blending. It is more precise than the 224. Have a MUA fill-in the brow for you in a nice dark brown and see how you like them. You can always follow on your own.

User38

you look beautiful.. tell your fiance so he gets trained early on, to sit down and zip it -- men look better when they are silent
greengrin.gif

as for your mu.. I would also accentuate your brows a bit more, and blend most of the colors you chose a bit more. If you use a 222 brush to apply the eS, this should be easier. Then use the 217 brush to blend -- the colors will not get all muddied up which is the beauty of the 217.

keep at it, you are doing great
smiles.gif

suzy.q

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyDanielle
I really thought I looked good,

That's the part that matters!
Good job, the photo in the car is beautiful, and so are you.

Cheers!

AshleyDanielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIT
maybe think about growing out your brows to make them fuller

Man do I wish I could grow them fuller!!!! They don't/won't grow in fuller, I have had them this way alllllll my life, it's not from overplucking. My mom has the exact same brows. lol.

marce89

You look amazing! Maybe your bf is just not used to it yet...but I say to keep on rocking the makeup, you look great!
greengrin.gif

MamaLaura

I think you look hot! Like someone said, your fiance probably just isn't used to you with that much makeup on. They get used to it lol.

My CC: Blend the crease out a teensie bit more... Fill in brows a little bit.... Blend your lashes together more. For the lashes, it looks like they aren't close enough to your lash line or you need more liner underneath the lash band, and that maybe your natural lashes aren't coated well enough with mascara.

AshleyDanielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLaura
I think you look hot! Like someone said, your fiance probably just isn't used to you with that much makeup on. They get used to it lol.

My CC: Blend the crease out a teensie bit more... Fill in brows a little bit.... Blend your lashes together more. For the lashes, it looks like they aren't close enough to your lash line or you need more liner underneath the lash band, and that maybe your natural lashes aren't coated well enough with mascara.

Thanks for all the CC
smiles.gif

Blend the crease out towards my temples or out as in "up"?....yes I read the false eyelash directions, and it said to do all my makeup first but don't do mascara, so I put it on afterwards...should I put my mascara on first and then put on the falsies? I could tell that too from the pictures, that you can see like 2 layers, my lashes and then the fakes, they didn't blend...how the heck do you get them to blend?

I am terrible at putting on falsies.... haha

AshleyDanielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
I agree with everyone else about the blending, I must say, ur's and user pdtb050606 pics look freakishly the same <3

th_LMAO.gif
lol. great minds must think alike haha
smiles.gif

ShugAvery2001

first of all.. let me say we've all been there. We've all kind of gotten that criticism from loved ones and it's not to be thrown away totally actually. And we all know that boyfriends (and mothers ahem) can say some very rude things about our makeup. Be careful though because i think it's easy to cross the line with the eye make up
For your brows .. may I suggest anastasia brow pencil and stencils?? don't get a black they have pencil colors for your hair color.
as far as the eye makeup -- until you get a bit better with your blending you might want to consider starting out with an all over lid color or for now. you have to learn how to place the color correctly for your eye shape. and buy a beauty book like bobbi brown or even makeup makeovers by robert jones. those books will give you a better idea of what everyday makeup should look like. and you can wear a little pop of color from time to time but know which colors will be most flattering to your eyes. don't worry about lashes either .. put on a few coats of mascarra and call it a day girlfriend

I know when I first hopped on the bandwagon I got a urban decay AMMO pallet I was so geeked and after many nights of doing my makeup in the mirror at home I walked my ass out of the house with rainbow eyes.. GLITTERY rainbow eyes. It was cutish .. borederline ridiculous though

practice different looks at home you know .. you'll get that smokey eye down in time

this girl has about your bone structure.. check out her brows (which are most likely penciled in)

http://i.ivillage.com/BS/book-excerp...ookyounger.jpg

User67

I think this is a beautiful look & not too much make-up at all. You just have to fill in your brows. Nomatter what a gorgeous look you do, if you don't fill in your brows it will always look unfinished. Don't worry about them looking too dark, use a light colored e/s like Charcoal Brown or Cork & they will come out perfect ; )

AshleyDanielle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShugAvery2001
first of all.. let me say we've all been there. We've all kind of gotten that criticism from loved ones and it's not to be thrown away totally actually. And we all know that boyfriends (and mothers ahem) can say some very rude things about our makeup. Be careful though because i think it's easy to cross the line with the eye make up
For your brows .. may I suggest anastasia brow pencil and stencils?? don't get a black they have pencil colors for your hair color.
as far as the eye makeup -- until you get a bit better with your blending you might want to consider starting out with an all over lid color or for now. you have to learn how to place the color correctly for your eye shape. and buy a beauty book like bobbi brown or even makeup makeovers by robert jones. those books will give you a better idea of what everyday makeup should look like. and you can wear a little pop of color from time to time but know which colors will be most flattering to your eyes. don't worry about lashes either .. put on a few coats of mascarra and call it a day girlfriend

I know when I first hopped on the bandwagon I got a urban decay AMMO pallet I was so geeked and after many nights of doing my makeup in the mirror at home I walked my ass out of the house with rainbow eyes.. GLITTERY rainbow eyes. It was cutish .. borederline ridiculous though

practice different looks at home you know .. you'll get that smokey eye down in time

this girl has about your bone structure.. check out her brows (which are most likely penciled in)

http://i.ivillage.com/BS/book-excerp...ookyounger.jpg

Thank you for taking the time to give me CC and finding a girl with my bone structure, I have been searching walmart for an eyebrow stencil but I guess they don't sell them?
th_dunno.gif
I think I will look for some on line, like the ones you suggested
smiles.gif

I am going to be looking at those books also
smiles.gif

Does anybody know what face shape I have? My boyfriend says it is totally a square....but I am not sure? This would vastly help me in learning to apply makeup.
Also does anybody know what eye shape i have? I need to learn where to place my shadows and I have no idea
smiles.gif

Thanks girls!!!

madnicole

Firstly - you are gorgeous, and don't anyone tell you otherwise. All the advice that you have gotten I would agree with :
a) define your brows with a soft pencil or shadow & use a brush over that to soften it. Perhaps even grow your brows wider if you can?
b) blend the end of your shadows with the highlight - perhaps don't take your shadow up quite so high for a daytime look (although I don't see anything wrong with yours. if you were trying to tone it down, that might help).
c) a little less colour on the lower lashline perhaps?. Colour underneath the eye is always harder to carry off - so perhaps a finer line underneath the eye, especially if you are trying to tone it down....

Lastly (and this may be very out of line but...) if your boyfriend doesn't like it tell him to go an jump! I wear makeup for myself, and so should you.

Some days it's very subdued (if I can't be bothered) and other days I will have very bright lime green, aqua & orange eyeshadow. I am almost 38, and a mother of 1, and I don't feel that I am too old to wear so much makeup, nor do I feel that I look like a clown (and even if I did, that is now the way someone who cares about you should break this to you!). And furthermore, if my husband was to criticize my appearance in this way (is he some sort of Brad Pitt??) and call me a whore, I would seriously re-think my opinion of him.....
Sorry if that is brutal, but you are a beautiful woman, and have done an amazing job of applying makeup and looking great. He should be appreciating the effort, not criticizing it....

madnicole

oh - by the way, I think you have a square face shape with possibly a heart shaped jawline. Mine is a little more square but quite similar. My brows look best (when I can grow them out) as straight as possible, with an angled arch 3/4 of the way along...