Do you "Fish Face"?

CantAffordMAC

Also...I've always hated my mouth. My siblings and I all inherited my mom's mouth--it turns down at the corners. I hate it, I look like a bulldog. So this helps with that lol

I do sometimes, I'm horribly unphotogenic so I just go with it and rarely make serious faces in pictures. It's something I'm working on!

pumpkincat210

I've tried to do this face in pictures, but i really look ridiculous and didn't ever post any of them. I don't think its a flattering pose, but a funny one.

Tasti_Butterfly

I have to say I do this face is almost ALL of my pics. I don't know why but I like the pics where I am doing that face better than my other pics.

lovelyweapon

LOL this thread made me laugh.. Well, I'll be the first to say that I look absolutely terrible doing the "fish face". No, seriously... terrible.

It has annoyed me before because I find SO many girls making that face on MySpace and such, but I think it's meant as a way to reflect their personalities as well or their "fun" side. The same goes with those emo poses..

lara

It's hideous, but at least people are more upfront about it than the girls who really pout their lips out in a picture and then claim that it's their natural lipline. Congratulations, you just made your mouth look like an arse!

ginger9

It's the "Blue Steel" look!
th_LMAO.gif

eccentric

I'm guilty of the fishy face to an extent. For me it's not like a pucker up, kissy kissy face, just pushing my lips out a bit to make my face look thinner and my lips bigger. I hate my smile, so it's just an alternative for me. You can barely tell I'm even doing it in my pictures.
What I hate is the completely obvious fish face. Like the Olsen twins, etc. My cousins who are 17 & 15 do this in practically all of their photos on myspace and it bugs the hell out of me.
I rock the "tasteful" fishy face. :]

xmrsvindieselx

DAMN I'M SO GUILTY OF THIS. its kind of crazy hahaha. I dont know why I do it. Its kind of a habit now. I'm terrible.

haha.
l_57ba0be1d3b4a5e5cb93d8f39de2da36.jpg

Babylard

i think the fishy face you are talkign about is uber popular among the asians as well lol

i guess it makes people look cute and pouty? i used to see it EVERYWHERE on asianavenue when everyone was using it and i see it a lot on stickerpicture booth machines when i used to be into that stuff...

i used to do it but not anymore.. it makes my face look tooo long! ewww... i'll stick to being boring with the same smile >:]

AlarmAgent

I should consider doing the fish face, because for the most part I just look absolutely mad in any photo taken of me. My initial reaction to a picture is to close my mouth and open my eyes wider. I already have fairly big eyes, and my mouth sort of naturally gapes open (yes, I'm a total mouth-breather!) so I always look totally unnatural. Like someone who is just bundling up all of their crazy for a photo.

When I have attempted to do a kissy face or fishy face or anything other than a mugshot style, I just look drunk and sloppy. My smile always picks up on my uneven jaw, which I never even noticed existed until I started taking ~*~*~sexXi myspace pix~*~*~, I tell you, that did wonders for my ego. So there has been a lot of side-profile shots in my lifetime.

I understand the stigma attached to the kisskiss face on the internet, if it's the only kind of picture a person has of themselves it is sort of annoying, ESPECIALLY coupled with the peace sign or ugh, even worse, a "gang" sign. I think it's totally okay to pull every once in awhile. Whatever makes people feel they look good, I have my picture quirks too.

Babylard

Quote:
Originally Posted by janwa09
I don't do the fish face but I do 'Magnum' or 'Blue Steel' ala Derek Zoolander lol!

lol.gif

i loved him in dodgeball! LOOOOOL "if you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!" my favourite line