Don't laugh.........wii

natalie75

I am seriously out of touch............... I had never even heard of the wii game system, and then I find out it's the only thing my daughter and son-in-law want for Christmas
th_dunno.gif

Has anyone picked up an extra? (I know, hilarious) I didn't think it would hurt to ask.

My husband and I have been making the rounds every morning and have not been able to get our hands on one.

OliviaChristine

I tried unsuccesfully to get one at a store here in town, but I ended up getting mine through Wii Alerts It's due to arrive today
smiles.gif
I signed up, and got one 4 days later. Good luck!

Also try itrackr.com!
When the PS3 came out, this is what my husband used to get his hands on one when they were basically impossible to find :)

Good luck!

messhead

I got mine for my fiancee a month ago at a gamestop... However it is refurbished... But I figured a refurbished one is better than paying an ungodly amount or not having one at all... I called all the local gamestops to see if they had one... I would suggest doing that! Beware that if they do have one they won't hold it for you...

reverieinbflat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
whatever you do, dont go on any radio contests where they make you drink ungodly amounts of water without releif.

someone speaking from personal experience? lol

natalie75

Quote:
whatever you do, dont go on any radio contests where they make you drink ungodly amounts of water without releif.

So do tell??????????? :confused:

Shimmer

There was a woman who did it for a radio contest, drank all the water and didn't pee or anything, and wound up dying.

Shimmer

Just so you know the games are addictive. The Wii Play and Wii Sports games are SO FREAKING MUCH FUN it's unreal.
And the boxing is a helluva workout.

OliviaChristine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
Just so you know the games are addictive. The Wii Play and Wii Sports games are SO FREAKING MUCH FUN it's unreal.
And the boxing is a helluva workout.

Yes, boxing is indeed a true workout! I am out of shape, but that game kicked my ass. I'm actually sore today, I feel as if I actually went to the gym
th_LMAO.gif

natalie75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trunkmonkey
I'll sell you one for $100 but it comes with 4 kids and one dog
winks.gif

hummmmmm thought about it for a second but I think NO!! hahaha But thanks anyway!!
th_LMAO.gif

LuckyGirl3513

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaChristine
Yes, boxing is indeed a true workout! I am out of shape, but that game kicked my ass. I'm actually sore today, I feel as if I actually went to the gym
th_LMAO.gif

Agreed! i hate working out but my friend borrowed her boyfriends wii and we did the boxing thing and it was so fun! I was sore the next day! its such a great way to get exercise, i feel like i could do it for hours cause it so entertaining..

Love Always Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverieinbflat
someone speaking from personal experience? lol

last christmas there was a woman who went on a radio contest to win a wii for her 3 kids because she was desperate to get them the wii for christmas. in the contest the contestants had to drink X amount of water per hour without peeing and the last person standing would win. now, if you know anything about osmotic pressure and cells, drinking obscene amount of water without peeing leads to excessive dilution of your blood, making your blood hypotonic to your cells. so the water floods your cells basically, drowing them from the inside out. the woman left with a headache, which was really her brain swelling against her skull, which was the cause of death. i believe she didnt even win the wii. there are also similar cases where frats make pledges do this during pledging.

Water overdose kills woman in Wii challenge | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

basically, i dont see why people go through such obscene measures to get these things. my dad bought our wii back in september and granted that its my new addiction and i love my wii to death, its not that serious that neither me nor my 16 yr old brother nor my 7 year old sister would die without. and im sure they will be back on shelves by february. i keep hearing stories of people dealing with shady people and spending upwards to 500 or 600 dollars for it. someone told me they bought theirs off the street in NYC in a dark alley with a shady guy. is it really that awful to give an IOU and have them wait a month? i want the gold zelda DS bundle for christmas like nothing in this world, but if my boyfriend was like "im sorry babe i tried, ill get it for you later" its really not that serious now is it?

almmaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaChristine
th_LMAO.gif

Aww I need that game!!!! My son wants one too and hubby is taking his time so by the time we go or he gives me the moola I hope I find one
ssad.gif
ssad.gif
ssad.gif

almmaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
My kids play it and wear themselves out. That makes me happy.
greengrin.gif

I Definately need to find one for my son!!!!!

luvsic

Quote:
last christmas there was a woman who went on a radio contest to win a wii for her 3 kids because she was desperate to get them the wii for christmas. in the contest the contestants had to drink X amount of water per hour without peeing and the last person standing would win. now, if you know anything about osmotic pressure and cells, drinking obscene amount of water without peeing leads to excessive dilution of your blood, making your blood hypotonic to your cells. so the water floods your cells basically, drowing them from the inside out. the woman left with a headache, which was really her brain swelling against her skull, which was the cause of death. i believe she didnt even win the wii. there are also similar cases where frats make pledges do this during pledging.

Water overdose kills woman in Wii challenge | Special reports | Guardian Unlimited

basically, i dont see why people go through such obscene measures to get these things. my dad bought our wii back in september and granted that its my new addiction and i love my wii to death, its not that serious that neither me nor my 16 yr old brother nor my 7 year old sister would die without. and im sure they will be back on shelves by february. i keep hearing stories of people dealing with shady people and spending upwards to 500 or 600 dollars for it. someone told me they bought theirs off the street in NYC in a dark alley with a shady guy. is it really that awful to give an IOU and have them wait a month? i want the gold zelda DS bundle for christmas like nothing in this world, but if my boyfriend was like "im sorry babe i tried, ill get it for you later" its really not that serious now is it?

Oh my goodness, that is so terrible! I don't understand why people would do such things either, risking their lives to get a luxury their kids can live without for a few years (I had to wait until the PS2 along with a lot of my video games were on sale!)

I have played the wii and it is AMAZING. My favorite game of all time has to be trauma center, where it's basically a simulation of doing surgery on patients. It is so much fun, my best friend and I played for hours and hours until we finally passed the ENTIRE game at 4AM. I swear, once I started I just couldn' stop!

I really want to play cooking mama
smiles.gif
my sister has it on the DS, and I swear I got addicted like that. I'm sorry, but wii's make me so happy (and so does this icon haha)
rasta.gif