Drugstore Lipsticks - What are your favs?

beautiijunkii

Though I have yet to find this particular line in the drugstore, their prices are that of drugstore so I'll say NYX.

CartoonChic

Revlon Super Lustrous for me. I tried them based on all of the YouTube reviews. Thanks to Ulta's sales and my savvy use of coupons, I went crazy and now have 35 of them in a period of only two months... and still want a few more. I think I need help.

I would like to be a fan of NYX lipsticks and lipglosses, but I can't get pass the smell. The scent reminds me too much of cherry cough medicine. I tried to trick my mind into thinking the smell was more like cherry flavored Twizzlers, but it didn't work. It's a shame because they have a lot of lovely colors. However, I am a fan of their lip pencils and have a ridiculous amount of those as well.

User38

^ I so agree.. the Mattes are excellent quality.. Mauve it over and Red.06 are wonderful colours.

lifesentropy

It depends on which MAC formula you're talking about. I don't mind purchasing MAC lipsticks since $15 isn't too expensive (other high end brands are near $30) but here are my favorites.

If you like Lustres, try Revlon Super Lustrous, Maybelline Colorsensational, Rimmel Lasting Finish
If you like Glazes, try Revlon Super Lustrous
If you like Cremesheens, try Revlon Colorburst, Revlon Lip Butters, ELF Essentials, NYX Round Lipsticks
If you like Amplified Cremes, try Covergirl Lip Perfection,
If you like Mattes, try Wet'n'Wild MegaLast, Revlon Matte
If you like Satins, try ELF Mineral Lipsticks

This is based off each level of pigmentation, the texture, and moisture. HTH!!

dyingforyou

i would say the kate moss rimmel lipsticks. i have to say it's amazing. it smells so nice and it lasts forever. but my ELF l/s in 'posh' is by far my favorite l/s that i have! my most disappointing one would have to be the WNW megashine l/s. it's so dry and chalky on me :[

mayushka

My new favorite - Rimmel Airy Fairy (070) Lasting Finish Lipstick. The color is gorgeous, and it really does last long, without bleeding or fading. The color, I'd describe it as soft, gentle nude pink.
Negative - I hate the smell, too bublegum and sweet, but only when you apply it, after that I can't smell it anymore.

DILLIGAF

I have to go with the majority here and say that Revlon and NYX lippies are awesome. Also Wet n Wild has some great mattes. The color payoff is insane. NYX black label lipsticks are also good and moisturizing on the lips but I cant stand the smell.

lilinah

I've been wearing Revlon lipsticks for decades (like, since the 1960s). I have some older Colorburst that are perfumed , but my newest ones are unscented - i think Revlon Moondrops still have the old fashioned cosmetic scent, though. I have one Revlon Lip Butter - Gumdrop - and I'm planning to get some more - they seem comparable to MAC Sheen Supreme lipsticks - although the colors are a bit tamer.

But after trying L'Oreal in the 1990s, i prefer L'Oreal to Revlon - i have 25 - and my favorite MLBB is L'Oreal Gilded Pink. In my experience, L'Oreal wears longer than Revlon, the colors stay truer, and they have some slightly more unusual colors than Revlon. I've also tried Maybelline and Milani, but they haven't won me over.

At about half the price, Revlon and L'Oreal make some decent lipsticks that are fine for practical day to day wear, but i'm still a MAC lipstick girl. I definitely prefer MAC, both colors and formulas - and neither Revlon nor L'Oreal makes the blue-violet shades i love.

tats

I think my fave drugstore brands for lipsticks are Barry M and Revlon. I like Barry M lipsticks cos they are usually very pigmented and last long on the lips. I like my Barry M lipsticks as much as MAC ones. I wish they had a wider shade range though.

I also like some Revlon lipsticks and their lip butters are great too.

I wasn't impressed with NYX round lipsticks though, though they are highly pigmented they just disappear from the lips so quickly :( I like my lipstick to last at least couple of hours or so.. :)