drugstore mineral makeup

yumemiru

i have the cover girl one and maybe because it's loose powder and i'm not used to the application,but i think it give too much shimmer. Maybe the regular one would have been better. I'm a virgin when it comes to MMU

kimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoulina
Hey Kim, did you get the pressed or the loose powder? And which shade did you get??
smiles.gif

i got the loose one. the lightest shade, i think translucent light or something to that effect.
smiles.gif

Kai322

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandragora
Not drugstore, but I use and love Alima Cosmetics satin matte mineral foundation. BE is too pricey and EM made me break out. Alima does not cause me to break out and doesn't feel oily. It provides medium coverage and has a wide variety of shades to choose from. You can get samples for $1.50 each. Hope this helps.

I so want to try Alima. Have you tried their stain finishing powder

Kai322

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsnowwhite
i tried physicians formula but it broke my skin out soo bad. + it made it all oily and gross. maybe its just my stupid problem skin but i hated it

I have heard Alima has no talc and perhaps no cornscratch, a common ingredent in powders, that usually breaks people up

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai322
I have heard Alima has no talc and perhaps no cornscratch, a common ingredent in powders, that usually breaks people up

That's right, Alima's ingredients are listed on their web site, and there is none of that:

Ingredients
Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947) Mica (CI 77019). May contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

https://secure.alimacosmetics.com/ro...te-Foundation/

mandragora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai322
I so want to try Alima. Have you tried their stain finishing powder

Sorry for the terribly late reply, I didn't see this. And yes, I use the satin finishing powder. It provides a very silky (not glowy) finish on top of your foundation.

Arachne911

I really like the PF MMU I am very fair nw15 or nw20 (I think it's been a while since I used mac foundations) I have the creamy natural and trans light and I mix them. They have decent buildable coverage and dont make my face itch like BE did. Oh I buy the loose powders.

Kuuipo

The L'Oreal Minerals were ok. All mineral makeups are a little,......metallic for my taste. It's the metallic elements (titanium,zinc and iron) that make mineral makeup look metallic and the mica element that makes it sparkley.

Page

I've been using some of the Physician's Formula Mineral Wear products for a while now. I love the concealer! It comes in a tube with a brush attached. The brush isn't too rough or too soft and does a decent job of blending. I also use the liquid minerals foundation. (My dry skin seems to cause mineral powders to settle directly into every single line and wrinkle on my face!) The foundation goes on smooth and gives me pretty good coverage.

I have the Matte Finishing Veil powder and the Bronzing Veil powder. Ehh. I don't like how they're meant to be used (the brush is attached to the jar and you shake and swirl, shake and swirl) and the brushes are too stiff and hurt.

I'm not sure if it's part of the Mineral Wear line or not, but I recently got their Natural Eyelight and I love, love, love it! It lasts forever and little goes a long way. I've just started putting it on my very deep, very dark hereditary undereye circles on top of my concealer and before my foundation. It does a great job of camoflauging those suckers and brightening my eyes besides!

SweetCheeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Page
I have the Matte Finishing Veil powder and the Bronzing Veil powder. Ehh. I don't like how they're meant to be used (the brush is attached to the jar and you shake and swirl, shake and swirl) and the brushes are too stiff and hurt.

I just saw the Finishing Veil in translucent at Target and it intrigues me b/c it looks to be just like BE's Mineral Veil for so much less! How do you like it, besides the brush? Or has anyone else here used it? Comments?

athena123

I haven't tried it, but I've heard great reviews for Physician's Formula Organic wear MMU. Those who react badly to mica or cornstarch probably won't like it, but the ingredients are quite lovely. I'm kind of tempted to try it myself but will hold off until my current supply from Everyday Minerals [that stuff lasts forever!] run out.

Organic wear 100% Natural Origin Loose Powder:
-Combines the performance and coverage of a foundation with the blendability and natural finish of a loose powder.
-Innovative sifter lid in the jar allows for mess-free application.
-Natural kabuki brush and mirror included.
-A 100% natural origin loose powder, formulated with 10.6% certified organic ingredients, including safflower seed oil and jojoba seed oil to moisturize and corn starch to mattify the skin.
-Available in 6 shades.

Ingredients:
MICA, MAGNESIUM STEARATE, ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH*, CALCIUM CARBONATE, KAOLIN, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, CARTHAMUS TINCTORIUS (SAFFLOWER) SEED OIL, GLYCERIN, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL*, OLEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) FRUIT OIL*, ORYZA SATIVA (RICE) HULL POWDER, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL*, CINNAMIC ACID, CITRUS GRANDIS (GRAPEFRUIT) FRUIT EXTRACT, SODIUM LEVULINATE, TOCOPHEROL, WATER. MAY CONTAIN: IRON OXIDES, TITANIUM DIOXIDE. *PRODUCED FROM ORGANIC FARMING

addict

Drugstore mineral makeup?

They all have mineral makeup: l'oreal, neutrogena, maybelline, jane, physician's formula, NYC, wet n wild...
which ones are good?

FiestyFemme

Re: Drugstore mineral makeup?

I used Physician's Formula Mineral Wear Powder (the pressed version) for a year and a half. I loved it until my face exploded into a ton of clogged pores, and it took me months to get rid of them. I haven't tried any of the others though.

Simply Elegant

The PF was too creamy and orangey for my skin. I have oily skin and needed something more matte but I think it'd work for girls with darker and drier skin than mine. You could get full coverage with the mineral liquid or powder.

I've tried NYC's too, the pressed version, and at first I really didn't like it but I think I was just learning how to use it. Coverage is sheer and can be built up a bit more and I actually like it now using a decent brush. The one that it comes with is completely useless and scratchy. I use the 182 and it's way better. The lightest shade is good for other NC15 girls.

Brittni

The "good" ones? Are you evaluating them based on ingredients- - which ones are TRULY mineral makeup or which just have crap in them and work well?

ShesAFoxyLady

Maybellines pure mineral powder foundation is amazing - gives a beautiful airbrushed look and doesn't have talc in it etc etc. I'd highly recommend (and I bought it because it was highly recommended to me by several others - so seems like its a good one
smiles.gif
)

ShesAFoxyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrschavez89
maybelline has a mineral makeup line out now...i've heard it's pretty good but haven't tried it for myself yet.

It's fantastic
yes.gif
yahoo.gif

Gives a beautiful airbrushed look. I bought it because another site was raving about it and I'm so pleased I did, its the best foundation I've ever owned
thmbup.gif