Dry Shampoo discussion

X4biddenxLustX

I seriously swear by this stuff! I have the type of hair that gets greasy roots easily while the ends are dry and just lifeless. Not a fun mix. I use to have to wash my hair very frequently in order to beat the greasies but then my ends would be even drier. This stuff has been a miracle! I'm able to go longer without having to wash it which gives my ends a chance to recuperate from all that washing. I have very thick long hair and it can take quite a while to dry too. I just hate whenever someone calls and wants to hang out or I have to go out and do something but my hair is just a mess. I would have to wash it and let it air dry for hours. It would just look like a crazy frizzy mess. Now I just spray some dry shampoo on and work it through my hair.

My favorite kinds right now are T3 Refresh 360 one in the dark shade and the Ojon Rub-out dry shampoo. Both suite my dark hair very well. I have tried another kind in the past and it left my hair looking WHITE no matter how much I'd brush it out.

Does anyone else love this stuff and use it on a regular basis? If so, what is your favorite brand?

TISH1124

i use to use this on my grandmothers hair when she was bedridden and it worked wonderfully....I have never personally tried it on myself...But I know it does work well

X4biddenxLustX

Do you happen to remember which kind you had used on your grandmother?

At my work, we sell this kind called Pssst! I have been told by all the ladies that know what it is and buy it that it has been around for a very long time. I think since the 70's? I have been wanting to try it but they all tell me that it is only suitable for those with lighter hair cause it will leave your roots looking white.

TISH1124

Actually I used to work at a Lab that made products for Medline...so I used their brand...it was free
greengrin.gif

X4biddenxLustX

Lucky you!!!!! I love free stuff, and if it works great thats even better! =]

I have to pay like $25 (which IMO is ridiculous) for one full sized can of it from sephora. I tried hitting ebay up and nope, there no cheaper. In fact they charge even more on there than sephora stores! So I just only use it when I'm going out somewhere in public and don't want to look greasy. But if I'm at home all day I could care less what I look like and wouldn't dare use any of my precious dry shampoo lol.

Mizz.Coppertone

I use baby powder. I just pat some on, let it soak any oil up while I do my makeup and then I brush it out. It will turn ur hair white though, I just use a lil bit when I really really need to and I'm okay. I need to invest in a good one to have around.

QueenEmB

Yes it's my "can't live without" product!

I use Batiste - it's available for about £2 form Boots and Superdrug in the UK or eBay

Lizzie

I need to find a good dry shampoo (or I need to stop producing so much damned oil!) I'm trying to break the wash my hair every day habit.

QueenEmB

Bumble and Bumble do a product called "hair powder" and they do it in colours to match your hair colour. Expensive at $35 but for darker hair, dry shampoo can leave it looking a bit ashy
Bumble and bumble.

Luceuk

I love dry shampoo, I try not wash my hair too often so use this every so often to give volume and life to the roots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEmB
Bumble and Bumble do a product called "hair powder" and they do it in colours to match your hair colour. Expensive at $35 but for darker hair, dry shampoo can leave it looking a bit ashy
Bumble and bumble.

Totally off topic, but I didn't realise you were Magpie Sparkles!! I love your blog and youtube videos.

sinergy

the new Rockaholic styling line from TIGI has one in it, that I have been wanting to try. I love dry shampoos, they are especially good to use in hair when your going to do an updo cause it can be better to work with hair that hasn't been washed, and this solves those greasy root problems!

concertina

I love the Oscar Blandi aerosol!! Works so well!

I have medium brownish hair with a super-oily scalp. I hate washing my hair every day, because it's so dry and brittle as it is. So this stuff is amazing...but so pricey.

I've also want to try Rene Furterer Naturia Dry Shampoo and Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo w/ Oat Milk.

leenybeeny

I love dry shampoo but it's too expensive to use on a regular basis IMO. So I only use it in an emergency. Other than that, I put baby powder in my hair before I go to bed, so by morning, all the white has rubbed out and my hair is not greasy.

ritchieramone

I have Stila Creme Bouquet Hair Refresher; it works well and doesn't leave any white residue in my dark roots. It has a lovely scent too. However, as I only tend to use it when I end up going out unexpectedly and my hair is therefore not as clean as I'd like it to be, I now associate the smell of Creme Bouquet with greasy, dirty hair.
ssad.gif

concertina

This is an excellent idea.
thmbup.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by leenybeeny
I love dry shampoo but it's too expensive to use on a regular basis IMO. So I only use it in an emergency. Other than that, I put baby powder in my hair before I go to bed, so by morning, all the white has rubbed out and my hair is not greasy.

I've only recently discovered dry shampoo (although I've used talc powder for years, especially when I had dreadlocks but didn't want to wash my fringe). I've just finished my bottle of Toni&Guy which was good but I'm going to try some other brands to see the difference in quality.

ohnutsitsCAITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinergy
the new Rockaholic styling line from TIGI has one in it, that I have been wanting to try. I love dry shampoos, they are especially good to use in hair when your going to do an updo cause it can be better to work with hair that hasn't been washed, and this solves those greasy root problems!

I ADORE The Rockaholic dry shampoo! It's super clear and it doesn't look like you have a severe case of dandruff when you wear black and it really cuts the oilies!

X4biddenxLustX

WOW, I didn't know there were that many brands out there!!! I've been limited to whatever my Sephora store happens to carry. I'm def willing to experiment though cause you never know when you'll find that product that can be considered HG status =] As long as it doesn't leave any white or ashy residue it's all good for me!

And omg....they have dry shampoo for BLACK HAIR?!!! Not just for "dark hair" but black hair!!!! * Does happy dance* Can someone give me an estimate of how long that 4 oz of can should last? I have a big head and a head full of thick hair and need to use it about 2-3 and sometimes even 4 times shhhh! a week lol. Not to sound like a dirty greaseball but dry shampoo has saved me a ton of time and water. We actually sell Bumble & Bumble products at my work but just the shampoo and conditioner though, boo!!!

I have tried baby powder and the Oscar Blandi, and I ended up looking like Marie Antoinette on crack no matter how much I brushed it out. I eventually gave up trying to brush it out and just went ahead and washed my hair lol. Ah, I envy you lighter haired girls who can get away with baby powder and any old dry shampoo!

I have heard of Batiste, I hope I spelled it right. It maybe available at my Sally's beauty supply, they need to open one closer to my house!!!

I had no clue Stila makes their own dry shampoo?!! I've never heard of it before or seen it at Sephora but then again I'm not completely familiar with the brand. Or is it one of those items that aren't available through Sephora?