Dry Shampoo discussion

rbella

Ooooh, I loves me some dry shampoo. But, since I'm all cheap and shizz I use the baby powder. However, my hair is blonde so it's easier for me to do so. I swear I use it so much that I develop a thick, glue-like paste from the powder mixing with the oils on my scalp...Totally kidding. I'm gross, but not that gross.

xoleaxo

my sister lovesss the Rockoholic dry shampoo.. she's a dark brunette & it works great for her. i really want to try it!

coachkitten

I found the brunette bumble and bumble hair powder at my local CCO and I have really been loving it. Like the OP I have super dull ends but my scalp gets oily after one day. I have been really impressed! It is still hard not to wash my hair everyday though!!

Meisje

I use baby powder. I tried translucent skin powder but baby powder worked just as well.

It's great because the baby powder day is much better for updos than the super clean days.

AlliSwan

Bumble and Bumble is by far my fave brand out there, and I've tried a LOT (Ojon, Naturia, Pssst, Oscar Blandi, Klorane...) I used white when I had dark blonde hair (the blondish shade was a bit too dark and whenever you touch your hair or scalp you get colored residue on your fingers/under your nails YUCK). I still use the white even though I have dark black/brown hair, you just have to brush it through a bit. Don't bother with the 1 oz can, you'll run out after a couple uses, but the 4 oz. one lasted me long enough. It's just so damn $$$!

chellaxx

Its a life saver on my lazy mornings! lol i use Batiste and its less than £2 from boots/superdrug. Soo cheap right?! Only bad thing is it turns my dark hair grey at first lol but rubs in really well so isnt noticable =p

xbrookecorex

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenEmB
Yes it's my "can't live without" product!

I use Batiste - it's available for about £2 form Boots and Superdrug in the UK or eBay

YES YES YES couldn't agree with this more! I just discovered this a couple months ago and it has changed my life. It works like MAGIC!

laraVENGEANCE

i love love loveee batiste tropical scented dry shampoo.. it makes my hair such a nice texture and gets rid of the greasiness, but i dont know if it tints it white cause my hair is white blonde anyway :L its really cheap too.

Superkaz

I was just recently introduced to this Dry Shampoo idea and I have been telling everyone about it! Seriously a life saver in those mornings.

I got the TIGI Rockaholic one but it leaves the whiteness so back to using the KMS Makeover spray which has such a nice smell and leaves it feeling so refreshed too.

sn0wbunnie

Lovelovelovelove this stuff! I only wash my hair every 3 days as I'm trying to get it a little healthier, and dry shampoo is a gift from the gods. Prevents that dreaded limp, greasy look.

Reminds me, I need to pick up some more!

I just picked up Batiste (original) and it's amazing! So much nicer than the Toni & Guy, loads cheaper and smells delicious. I can see me getting through this a lot.

kaliraksha

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex
YES YES YES couldn't agree with this more! I just discovered this a couple months ago and it has changed my life. It works like MAGIC!

Can I ask where you found this in the US? Or if anyone else knows if it's available?

I want to try dry shampoo, but $25+ for a few ounces is out of my price range (in fear that I would love it and couldn't do without)... I wish I could get my hands on a sample at least.

clslvr6spd

KMS makes a awesome "dry shampoo." It's called makeover spray. I love it for my extensions when I dont want to wash my hair every 2 days, I go every 3 days with the KMS Makeover Spray.

Hikaru-chan

I love Batiste and Klorane the best and I've tried most of the ones on the market.
I couldn't live without it as it keep my hair looking clean in between shampoo's.

MACLovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbrookecorex

Can you get Batiste in the U.S.? or is it only in the UK

if so where??!
greengrin.gif
I've heard its really good!

i love dry shampoo..i used to use it when i had lighter hair but im looking for a dark tone...

RedRibbon

I LOVE Batiste dry shampoo but only the original formula as the other two smell too obvious, I have curly hair which I straighten and it looks decent only on the second day so I dry shampoo it instead of washing it.

Mr RR really takes the mickey out of me because I have been known to say "hmm..my hair's a bit greasy, I should dry shampoo it" so now whenever I say my hair's a bit..he instantly gets the dry shampoo, he thinks he's being funny but doesn't realise that he's been conditioned
greengrin.gif