E.L.F Cosmetics

shellygrrl

Staff member
I'm at Target and noticed the ELF Blending Eye Brush (white handle 1$ line) is back to it's original nice blending brush cut!
So it's back to a MAC 224 or Sigma E40-esque shape? I had that version years and years ago (I bought it as part of the brush set e.l.f. sold at the time) and remember the bristles were a bit scratchy, to me.

Howards End

To be accurate it's not EXACTLY back to it's "tapered blending brush" cut of 2009/10. But it's definitely NOT the densely packed crease brush I bought last year and found absolutely useless for blending. It's very soft and does not feel scratchy on my lids. BUT, when I went to buy a second one at Target I noticed they are all cut slightly different. Some of them were veering towards "dense crease brush" again. I would recommend going to Target and picking one out rather than buying online. I noticed there was a slot open in the Studio brush section so I really hope my Target is going to stock the Studio line blending brush!

shellygrrl

Staff member
To be accurate it's not EXACTLY back to it's "tapered blending brush" cut of 2009/10. But it's definitely NOT the densely packed crease brush I bought last year and found absolutely useless for blending. It's very soft and does not feel scratchy on my lids.
The one I had was from not long after the brand first launched, from the mid-to-late 2000s. (I think I bought it, as part of a set with a brush roll, in 2006.) It was a fluffy brush, had slightly longer bristles than the current one (IIRC), was not very dense. (In a way I wish I'd kept it, if only for reference.) I've not bought any e.l.f. Essential/white-handle brushes in quite some time, and the last one I bought was the brow/lash comb. Anyhoo, suffice it to say I've no idea if that range of brushes has improved.

Howards End

I washed the ELF blending brush with olive oil and Dawn dish soap and it is a nice soft brush! I used it to do a quick smoky eye, a wash of color on the lids and blend out, all with this one brush. For $1, I highly recommend this brush!

Anyone picked up the Elf Good Vs. Evil collection? I was really pleased with the beauty book for the Sleeping Beauty half of the palette. Normally I'm not one for makeup bags, but I found myself grabbing one anyway since my walgreen's almost NEVER gets them. I took it as a sign haha

stephshopaholic

I love the Elf/Disney stuff! I have the Ariel, Snow White and good vs evil beauty books I haven't tried my good vs evil one yet though I also got the big round maleficent and aurora makeup bag it's so pretty.

ButterflyKeeper

I'm not crazy about the new size of the brush cleaner spray.

VggW5kL.jpg

Even the brush shampoo has been reduced! And the brush cleaner spray has this weird cheap perfume smell that's overpowering and makes your brushes smell like dollar store perfume. NO LIKE!

Dolly Snow

ELF is coming out with a Jasmine collection too
https://nerdfashionistayali.wordpress.com/2014/10/09/e-l-f-princess-jasmine-collection/

MISSRED

I'm not into this line. no pigment whatsoever. No wonder why it's so cheap. that's just my humble opinion though

ButterflyKeeper

It's not as hyper pigmented as Sugarpill, but it's decent enough for the casual everyday use. For something bolder, though, you'd need to use the pigments wet, or with a heavy application of primer.

emberdarling

Their stuff is hit or miss.That's why the larger palettes or books are better value because there will be some dud shades but there will also be decent ones. At least in my experience.

ButterflyKeeper

Their stuff is hit or miss.That's why the larger palettes or books are better value because there will be some dud shades but there will also be decent ones. At least in my experience.
Pretty much. I got the 144 palette, and I'd say 3/4 of them are pretty decent, with a quarter being meh. It's still pretty good value for money.

suciarubia

I'm a MUA who used to only stock my kit with "high end" cosmetics. Now, I use a mixture of high-end and "drugstore" and ELF products are among some of my more affordable faves! I love their eyeliner pens! Although, if you apply them overtop of eyeshadow, they dry out a lot faster than if you apply them to bare lids. Have also picked up some of their glosses (Flirt! over Rimmels East End Snob lipliner is one of my favorite combos), brushes, brush cleaner, makeup setting spray, and powder/blush duo in St Lucia. Can't beat the prices! Also love that they sell empty eyeshadow quads!

Latest posts