Early Buzz Regarding MAC Collections/Products Coming in 2010 - Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Door

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD84
th_hug.gif
the threads seem to have clamed down a little now! much easier to keep up! at one point i was posting a reply and two new ones would be beneeth mine!
tong.gif

Year 2011 is approaching fast. Maybe it's time to start a new thread for 2011 collections.
sneaky.gif
nope.gif
/
yes.gif

User38

^^ To all my younger 30's, mid 30's Spectrettes ~~
cutey.gif

just keep your birth certificate hidden
sneaky.gif
.. take this from this old barracuda: once you hit 40 you will know how it feels..lol.
th_wink3.gif

I feel younger than most 20 year olds and yes, age is just a number.. except except... oh crap, I forgot (it's that old age thingie)
th_confused_new.gif
nope.gif
winks.gif

th_LMAO.gif

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Door
Year 2011 is approaching fast. Maybe it's time to start a new thread for 2011 collections.
sneaky.gif
nope.gif
/
yes.gif

hee hee! my wallet will be happier with me next year because i am limiting myself to just one of each item.
smiles.gif
much better - that way i can save more money and also i wont feel guilty about buying glosses that go bad before i can use them up!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Quote:
hee hee! my wallet will be happier with me next year because i am limiting myself to just one of each item.
smiles.gif
much better - that way i can save more money and also i wont feel guilty about buying glosses that go bad before i can use them up!

I admire your discipline. I can never commit to buying only one or two items per collection, because it all depends on how much I like the collection. That said, this has been a particularly expensive year. Looking back on it, even when collections didn't excite me, I ended up grabbing a few items or more.

I'm waiting for colour stories for the balance of the year, but what I've heard for the end of 2010 sounds promising. As for 2011... we shall see. It would have to be a very good year to compete with this one. (2010 and 2008 are the high water mark for me in terms of Mac collections. Maybe it's something with even-numbered years.)

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred
I admire your discipline. I can never commit to buying only one or two items per collection, because it all depends on how much I like the collection. That said, this has been a particularly expensive year. Looking back on it, even when collections didn't excite me, I ended up grabbing a few items or more.

I'm waiting for colour stories for the balance of the year, but what I've heard for the end of 2010 sounds promising. As for 2011... we shall see. It would have to be a very good year to compete with this one. (2010 and 2008 are the high water mark for me in terms of Mac collections. Maybe it's something with even-numbered years.)

well i feel like i have been buying crazy amounts for the past 4 years... enough is enough for me! i am very satisfied with my collection now
smiles.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
cutey.gif

sneaky.gif
.. take this from this old barracuda: once you hit 40 you will know how it feels..lol.
th_wink3.gif

I feel younger than most 20 year olds and yes, age is just a number.. except except... oh crap, I forgot (it's that old age thingie)
th_confused_new.gif
nope.gif
winks.gif

th_LMAO.gif

I blame society!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
I could care less what my age is, but when people treat you differently because of it, that pretty much sucks. Sometimes I get a little extra respect if I admit my age, since being "well-preserved" seems to earn respect in our world, but the general expectations and assumptions are just 100% lame.

In the long run, though, I have only one thing to say to the world about this retardedness:
finger.gif

laylalovesmac

Quote:
smiles.gif

I'm going to try to limit myself to one-two items from spring/summer collections, but I am hopeless with fall collections! I can't make any promises there.
nope.gif
tong.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by katred

iagree.gif
2010 has been a great year for collections! I just hope I get a slight break in early 2011.
yes.gif

Pinkdollface

Quote:
Originally Posted by liba
I blame society!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif
I could care less what my age is, but when people treat you differently because of it, that pretty much sucks. Sometimes I get a little extra respect if I admit my age, since being "well-preserved" seems to earn respect in our world, but the general expectations and assumptions are just 100% lame.

In the long run, though, I have only one thing to say to the world about this retardedness:
finger.gif

That's so true! I hate that people care so much about their age. What does it matter as long as you feel great? I'm happy to see a lot of women here that are older than me and that can still rock make up like nobody else! Now i'm not afraid anymore of becoming older, because you can still feel young and where make up if you want to
smiles.gif

liba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkdollface
That's so true! I hate that people care so much about their age. What does it matter as long as you feel great? I'm happy to see a lot of women here that are older than me and that can still rock make up like nobody else! Now i'm not afraid anymore of becoming older, because you can still feel young and where make up if you want to
smiles.gif

Sometimes a 'lil makeup helps when you get older!
sneaky.gif

I wore makeup when I was a teen and in my early 20s, then I didn't wear any for years, and now I'm back to rocking it.
cutey.gif

Pinkdollface

Quote:
sneaky.gif

I wore makeup when I was a teen and in my early 20s, then I didn't wear any for years, and now I'm back to rocking it.
cutey.gif

I started wearing make up about 1,5 year ago and i'm 19 now (13 september will be my 20st birthday!) I think make up really makes a difference. It can make you look so much more fresh
smiles.gif

User38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
You know I love you, dear!!
kissy.gif

I hope you do get younger as time goes by...

Age it's not the same as time. I feel younger than I felt 10 years ago
greengrin.gif
but also more mature, wise and confident in my own clothes. I love that. I'm also told to look younger than my sister who is 10 yrs younger than me, I actually don't think so but who knows.
th_dunno.gif
I've known ladies and gents at their 80's younger than me and teenagers older than time.
th_dunno.gif
"Age" it's just a number and doesn't measure anything but how many years since you were born. It doesn't mean anything. You can spend a whole eternity in this planet and not learn a single thing or conquer any challenge...

Couldn't agree more!!
winkiss.gif
I often forget how many years old I'm since it truly means nothing to me. I couldn't care less.

Fantastic!!
th_thstars.gif

Thank you Hermanita U!
friends.gif
curtsey.gif

Sometimes I feel like I am 15 and other times when life gets really insane, about 150... but you are right, wisdom is learned with age.. sadly the body melts away
cutey.gif
and as much as we may want to act young, it becomes physically impossible (like reading without glasses
graucho.gif
)!

I never put any emphasis on age -- I have a 14 year old gf
yes.gif
who adores and babysits my boys.. and I have an 89 year old gf who holds my hands when I cry
sigh.gif
It is all about endurance and stamina
yes.gif
heart2.gif
and what is inside the heart
kissy.gif

User38

Quote:
sneaky.gif

cutey.gif

winks.gif
I did not wear mu until I got out of college.. cause my then bf said I looked like I was 12
th_dunno.gif
with glasses and long hair..
shockt.gif
but nerds tend to do that
th_wink3.gif
But, as soon as I started to work and go to grad school.. fuggedaboutit
th_LMAO.gif
I finally made it my business
graucho.gif

User38

Quote:
I blame society!
th_MadWithShortFuse.gif

finger.gif

I am well preserved..lol.. I drink formaldehyde for breakfast each morning
shockt.gif
yahoo.gif
th_roll1.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
cutey.gif

sneaky.gif
th_wink3.gif

I feel empowered at age 37. I lurve it.

This hasn't stopped me from spending gooblygobs of money on anti-wrinkle cream, though.
team_grey.gif

Face2Mac

Quote:
I am well preserved..lol.. I drink formaldehyde for breakfast each morning
shockt.gif
yahoo.gif
th_roll1.gif

Not Big 3 Free, formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP like nailpolish. It is no wonder you are well preserved, that combination use to keep my nailpolish on for days on end. Ahh, the good 'ole days.

shadowaddict

As I sit here reading the past few pages at almost 3:00AM I realize it is now the 9th and I've sat right here and turned 48,
shockt.gif
WTF?

I'm 2 yrs older than my husband and he loves to tease me about being married to an older woman. I just laugh at him and tell him it's just a number, and ah who's the one moaning as he pulls himself from the sofa?

I wear more colors in makeup now than I did years ago. I love playing and making new looks even if I do tone them down before heading out the door. Sometimes if I'm upstairs in the evening I pull out some REALLY bright colors and just go to town on my face and then walk down as if nothing is different to how long it takes hubby to notice. Men
th_confused_new.gif

One of my favorite parts of being older is that my daughter (who'll 22 in Dec) and I have so much fun together. We can start to giggle like 12 yr olds and can't stop till we are both in tears. And she shares things with me, even about her friends that I would never ever have even thought of telling my mother. At times I'm sure I even blush. But that's ok, she has some weird/odd interests but she's a good kid and still figuring it all out. I'm just glad she's not afraid to tell me things because she knows I won't judge her.

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylalovesmac
iagree.gif
2010 has been a great year for collections! I just hope I get a slight break in early 2011.
yes.gif

iagree.gif
yes.gif
winkiss.gif

Quote:
Thank you Hermanita U!
friends.gif
curtsey.gif

Sometimes I feel like I am 15 and other times when life gets really insane, about 150... but you are right, wisdom is learned with age.. sadly the body melts away
cutey.gif
and as much as we may want to act young, it becomes physically impossible (like reading without glasses
graucho.gif
)!

I never put any emphasis on age -- I have a 14 year old gf
yes.gif
who adores and babysits my boys.. and I have an 89 year old gf who holds my hands when I cry
sigh.gif
It is all about endurance and stamina
yes.gif
heart2.gif
and what is inside the heart
kissy.gif

The body wears out, but the soul grows stronger.

Every stage of life has it's pros and cons...
winkiss.gif

Quote:
And.. you know how much I love you mi Hermanita U!
friends.gif
th_hug.gif
kisses.gif
heart.gif

love.gif
kissy.gif
heart2.gif
th_e2cloud9.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Face2Mac
I feel empowered at age 37. I lurve it.

This hasn't stopped me from spending gooblygobs of money on anti-wrinkle cream, though.
team_grey.gif

thmbup.gif
Well said
greengrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.