Exceptional MAs

jakluk4

I voted mostly their GREAT!

Hats off to Wendy and Erica at the MAC store in Somerset Mall in Troy Michigan! They are AMAZING! They make shopping for MAC so much FUN!!!! So friendly, so helpful, they show and teach you everything! They DO NOT push products, in fact, they try to save you money with getting things you need to get the look you want, without spending more. They are amazing!

Now, they do have 1 guy that works there, didnt catch his name....he was SO RUDE, not only to me, but to several other women, and actually stopped helping one lady to go chat with his friends! terrible! No worries tho, Erica came over and took care of several of us, all at once....she made it so fun....none of us knew each other and yet we were all drooling and acting like giddy girls over the MAC, complementing each other on our choices, and sharing what colors we loved! I LOVE my MAC store....its the best place in the world! LOL

belldandy13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty Mark
Last weekend I went to MAC to get a single MSF. Going on weekends in the afternoon is dumb, because it's crowded. However, the MA took time to help me select and didn't pressure me to buy anything more than that one MSF. Three cheers to him!

Sephora's staff has always taken the time to greet me and offer help, no matter how busy they are.

I agree about Sephora...they have always been very helpful!

styrch

Quote:
I write the company if I come across someone/a store who does very well. Companies have always been very happy to hear positive feedback, and I imagine the MAs have been, too

I've been doing the same thing lately. I'm hoping I'll pick up giving feedback as a post-shopping tradition.

ductapemyheartt

all of the MA's in Macy's in rivergate, tn are amazing!
alicia, beth, katie-laine, and olga.
they like to chitchat about everything...resulting in me spending three hours at a time there. beth, who is the manager, even offered to give me some of her old makeup. i have gone in there crying before and they make me feel better...

they are amazing.

SuzyCutie

I'm going to give a shout out to the MA's at the South Portland Maine Macy's-they are ALL wonderful,however enabling,lol.I've NEVER run into anyone there who isn't extremely gracious.

Simply Elegant

Whenever I go to the freestanding store downtown, there's always the same guy helping me and he's always really friendly and gets the stuff for me quickly and doesn't push stuff on me. He just greets me and then leaves me alone. He's the best MA there by far.

Jacq-i

My favorite MA is named Jon, and he works at the MAC counter at Nordstrom. Last November, I asked if they had "that teal eye shadow from Lure" and he knew exactly what I meant. They didn't have any, so hopped on the phone and got it shipped in from across the country at another Nordstrom. He had them send it to his counter, instead of my house, so that I wouldn't have to pay shipping. He called me to let me know they were there, and when I came in, there were two. One that I ordered, and another just in case I fell in love with it. I bought both of them! He's really nice and cheery too.

I also like Kandy, from my MAC Store. She'll hold thing for me, for a few days, and all the other MAs only hold for a day. Plus she's really sweet.

Bernadette

It's great to hear about so many great MAC MA's out there. I can't tell you how awesome it would be if you all took the time to send an e-mail to the company complimenting these artists
thmbup.gif

lethaldesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenii
There was one MA who was my favorite. Sabrina. She worked at the Nordstrom MAC counter in Westside Pavilion (which is in L.A.). Not only did she do more tasteful makeup than the other people there, but she was very kind and helpful.

I don't think she works there anymore, because I haven't seen her. I miss her. I actually don't shop that counter anymore because she isn't there when I go. I'll B2M things occasionally, but if I wanna buy something, I do it online.

There is actually a Sabrina that works at the new(ish) freestanding store in the Westfield on Topanga Canyon. She's super nice &very very helpful. Perhaps she could have transfered? I saw her for the first time about a month or so ago &she's been there everytime I have gone since.

Actually, if I can help it, that is the ONLY MAC I will go to anymore because I always get wonderful service there. Three MAs in particular - Rachel, Sabrina, &Courtney - are always eager to help you the moment you walk in. Its hardly ever busy in there (perhaps because they also have a rather large counter in the Nordy's in the same mall). But its great because everyone there knows their stuff! I feel comfortable asking questions, knowing they are giving me good advice because they seem very educated with the products they sell. Every time I go in &get great service, I ask to fill out a comment card (all the freestandings at least should have these on hand). I think good workers should be recognized!

On the other hand, there is one Nordy's counter I avoid at all costs because I've always gotten the WORST service. Not to mention the MAs there seem like standard retail employees &never know the products. Last time I went, I knew way more than the MA who was helping me. I was asking her help with something &she just looked completely dumbfounded. But when she was ringing me up, she tried to get me to apply for the Nordstrom credit card about 5 times.

girlstar

The best MA at the Bay in St. Catharines in Tamara, hands down. In my opinion, she's not the typical "MAC MA".. that girl is truly obsessed with MAC and so happy to be working there! That store is actually relatively good as far as MAs go. But Tamara is definitely the best, she's such a sweetheart and always makes time for every customer standing around to be helped, even when she's the only one working, AND is doing a makeover! (One of her co-workers tried, unsuccessfully, to ignore me last week when she was the only one working and she was doing a makeover.. but damnit, I wanted that Northern Light!
greengrin.gif
)

rosquared

i've been shopping at mac for years now and i can only recall one experience that was awesome. i get a lot of canned compliments and u can really tell when someone's not sincere. anyway.. this one time, i got a manager at the counter at the arcadia, ca nordies. i forgot her name, but she seemed to be filipina, maybe.. and she was SUPER sweet and nice and took her time even tho it was at the nordies trend show and was really busy. she even gave me a sample of the lippie i wanted to wear on my date that night and then she went ahead and called the nordies near my office so i could pick up the full l/s next time i went to work.

NicksWifey

My favorite MA of all time is Shirley at MAC in Fair Oaks Mall in Fairfax, VA. She has been such a doll whenever I've needed stuff from there! She's so cute and tiny and she can rock cat eyes like no other!
smiles.gif

AppleDiva

I went to the Macy's Mac counter and one of the MA's offered me free sample pigments... I asked, "Do I have to buy anything?" She replied, "oh no" and I bought a lip gelee.. very great service!!
clap.gif
clap.gif

jenNpaci

one of my favorite MA's used to work at the Edison Mall in Fort Myers, FL. His name was Jared and he was just amazing. He did my make up for me all though high school and when I was sick and my mom went and picked up my prom dress, he saw her in the mall and called her over to the counter and picked out make up that would compliment my dress as well as sent some instructions as to how to use it. He later moved to Jacksonville
ssad.gif
I have only seen him once or twice since then but he's a sweetie!

acidtongue

I live in Chicago so I've been to several different counters but my favorite counter is in Macy's in Aurora, IL. I'd rather go out of my way to go here than one of the counters closer to me, it's the only one where I've constantly gotten exceptional service. Everytime I've been there the MA's have been pleasant & chatty, not the least bit snobbish or pushy. Even when they're busy, they still manage to be more than helpful and you never get that feeling like you're being ignored. To me, this is what all the counters should be like.

WhiteLotus

Sad to say, but I've had better and friendlier service at a free standing MAC then at the counters in department stores or malls. There is one MA who is uber nice and friendly by the name of David at the MAC Pro store in San Francisco.

JGmac

I've only been to a store a very few amount of times, but I had just an amazing experience with Shana at the Oakbrook store. She let me browse as long as I wanted, then was helpful as soon as I asked her questions. Very sweet and patient, and just all around wonderful. I plan on going back if possible!