Eye Shadow Base better than UDPP & Cheaper!!

GlamYOURUs

lorealdecrease.jpg

drools.gif

It works wonders people and it was only $8 at Ulta!
yahoo.gif

pat

Did is last the entire day? Im wondering if all the product will be used since it's in the bottle form again... what do you think?

elmo1026

really it works... I will take you word for Glamyourus. I love your fotos. I am def, going to by it.

janwa09

I've been looking for this eversince I saw a magazine ad of this I think last year but unfortunately, we don't have it in my country
ssad.gif
We don't even have l'oreal's HIP line of cosmetics.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty0411
Did is last the entire day? Im wondering if all the product will be used since it's in the bottle form again... what do you think?

Yeap it lasted all day w/o any creasing or color fading!

Kuuipo

Used this product many times before because its not expensive, and it is on par with UDPP. I don't think UDPP is very good, however, reason being is it dries out my eyelids and itches (I have oily skin) and it dulls the colours way down. I think the reason for its popularity is follow-the-pack mentality. I do think MAC shadesticks work better at gripping colour and Two Faced First Base (glittery) and Two Faced Second Base work light years on hold ing the product and keeping colour on and kicking up the intensity several notches. I get shadow fall out with UDPP and L'Oreal DeCrease but no fallout with NARS creme shadow as a base (Which also gives more intensity and a holographic look), and the Two Faced products. Two faced also doesn't dry up and lasts longer,works with all brands. L'Oreals De Crease is hard to get to the bottom of the product, and starts to dry out like UDPP when exposed to air.

MiCHiE

I have never used De-Crease, but I swear by UDPP. My lids are also oily. Too Faced First Base gets horrible reviews on MUA and rightfully so. Personally, it grabs colors fabulously, but I can only use it sparingly on certain areas of my eye. It creases like crazy if it's applied everywhere.

I've learned this much so far....not everything works for everyone.

kokometro

I used UDPP but hate the container sooo much. I don't want to saw it in half either to get the product out. Shame on UDPP. I had used Benefit FYeye and liked it. I've been using Cargo's Blu Ray face primer on my lids and been happy. I did it on a whim when I couldn't find UDPP in my case.

My question is : why doesn't Mac's Prep and Prime eye ever get mentioned.
Even when I've had makeup sessions at Mac they never use it.

thelove4tequila

Thanks for this. I still have a ton of UDPP left after I cut it open to get the remaining product out (kinda pissed at UD about that problem). I'm def going to try this out. UDPP is starting to get some REALLY good competitors!!! I'm dying to try out the new Too Faced primer also.

PrettyDolledUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokometro

I totally agree with you. The only time the MUA used it on me was when it first came out, because I was complaining about my eyeshadow creasing. Her advice was to apply the Prep+Prime first then layer a bit of the Paint (the one in the tube, which is annoying, because the pressure in the tube makes more of the product come out more than I need, and it ends up getting wasted).

Anyway, but the last time I went there, they've been using the Paint Pot as the base and it seems to make the eyeshadow come out brighter and really shows the pigment and color. I wanna try it out, since the MUA said that it doesn't cause creasing and is a better alternative to the regular Paint tubes, since it's also easier to blend. She mentioned that using the Paint tube as a base ends up making the eyeshadow look scaley (like fish scales) if you blend too much. Has anyone had this problem with the paint tubes?

And Does anyone have any feedback about the Paint Pots? I want to get it, but I want to make sure that it really doesn't crease your eyeshadow.

b3AuTiFuL323

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyDolledUp
I totally agree with you. The only time the MUA used it on me was when it first came out, because I was complaining about my eyeshadow creasing. Her advice was to apply the Prep+Prime first then layer a bit of the Paint (the one in the tube, which is annoying, because the pressure in the tube makes more of the product come out more than I need, and it ends up getting wasted).

Anyway, but the last time I went there, they've been using the Paint Pot as the base and it seems to make the eyeshadow come out brighter and really shows the pigment and color. I wanna try it out, since the MUA said that it doesn't cause creasing and is a better alternative to the regular Paint tubes, since it's also easier to blend. She mentioned that using the Paint tube as a base ends up making the eyeshadow look scaley (like fish scales) if you blend too much. Has anyone had this problem with the paint tubes?

And Does anyone have any feedback about the Paint Pots? I want to get it, but I want to make sure that it really doesn't crease your eyeshadow.

I got a paint pot last month sometime in Bare Study and it craesed on me like CRAZZYYY.I have super oily eyelids and within minutes of putting on the paint pot it creased.I was so disappointed,this is the first mac product that I didn't like and had to return it.Maybe it will work for you but it didn't work for me and if you don't like it you can always return or exchange it.I was also wondering why nobody on here mentions prep+prime eye.

Lizzie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokometro

Because Prep and Prime eye kinda SUCKS.

No offense to anyone who likes it, but doesn't work on me. MAC has so many other things that work well as a base like Paints, Paint Pots, Shadesticks...but Prep and Prime Eye?
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

Tashona Helena

I love too faced shadow insurance and I'm starting to give paints and paint pots a chance. I did have a problem with it scaling before by blending too much (paint). But now I blend it out before I put on eyeshadow and it seems to work a bit better.

I was actually looking for the L'Oreal one too cause I tried Too Faced's on a whim and the nearest Sephora is an hour & 1/2 away. So that's why I'm weaving in and out with primers so I don't waste too faced's. Which one is the one by L'Oreal people were talking about being discontinued? Is it this one or was it under the HIP line?

FiestyFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyDolledUp

I have 4, and I really like them. I can wear them alone as a base for my shadows, but about 8 hours in, the oils on my lids will start to make my eyeshadow crease. However, I usually apply UD PP + Paint Pots. This way I get the long wear from PP, and the color pops because of the Paint Pot.

It's funny that lately I've heard people raving about L'oreal De-Crease. I could've swore when it first came out a long time ago, I heard it was just mediocre. If it's as good as UD PP though, that's great!
th_DANCE.gif