Eye Shadow Base better than UDPP & Cheaper!!

Distinque

I've been using UDPP + Paint Pots and it works pretty good on me. I have super oily eyelids and this seems to work for me. It held up for 8 hours with little creasing!

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokometro
I used UDPP but hate the container sooo much. I don't want to saw it in half either to get the product out. Shame on UDPP. I had used Benefit FYeye and liked it. I've been using Cargo's Blu Ray face primer on my lids and been happy. I did it on a whim when I couldn't find UDPP in my case.

My question is : why doesn't Mac's Prep and Prime eye ever get mentioned.
Even when I've had makeup sessions at Mac they never use it.

Because it doesn't work.

GlamYOURUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by b3AuTiFuL323
I got a paint pot last month sometime in Bare Study and it craesed on me like CRAZZYYY.I have super oily eyelids and within minutes of putting on the paint pot it creased.I was so disappointed,this is the first mac product that I didn't like and had to return it.Maybe it will work for you but it didn't work for me and if you don't like it you can always return or exchange it.I was also wondering why nobody on here mentions prep+prime eye.

I love paintpots but I never use them alone. I use either this loreal de-crease under the paintpot or I use mac cream base - luna over the paintpot and it works! No creasing, no smudging, no color fading. I hated UDPP. It did nothing for me.

M.A.C. head.

Darn it!

I had heard about this from a friend but I never bought it. Then I saw it at Walmart like 2 weeks ago and I thought about picking it up but changed my mind. I've been using UDPP for a few months and I love it. I bought some more TODAY and I wish I'd seen this first. GLAM gives great reqs.

MsButterfli

i guess i got a funky tube or something cuz this stuff did nada for me, felt like a heavier UDPP, and ive even stopped using that cuz lately its been irritating my lids. glad it works for ya tho
smiles.gif

Paramnesia

Quote:
Paint (the one in the tube, which is annoying, because the pressure in the tube makes more of the product come out more than I need, and it ends up getting wasted)

Why don't you just squeeze some of the paint into a small air tight container. Then you won't waste any.

black_crx

Wow, I like to try it
smiles.gif
Could somebody CP it for me? I'm Swiss and we don't have this product yet here.
MACs prep + prime doesn't work on my lids. I like so many MAC products but this one is a loser on me.
ssad.gif
I normally use Manhattans Eyeshadowbase but I like to try something new, probably it works better!?

almmaaa

This is my opinion I tried it and it creased a little bit on me and since I HATE creasing because it just ruins your gorgeous makeup I am a little weary to try it again but I will give it another try.

kobri

I prefer paints to paint pots because i have oily lids they seem to work better (although mauvism was terrible, clumpy looking) If I am going to use a paint pot (they have so many more colours so I am using them now) I use UDPP under it and this seems to help it stick better. I squeeze out my paint into an airtight sample jar when I get it. I find it easier to use and to get the right amount. Plus then I can use the tube for B2M right away.

TDoll

I tried the Loreal de-crease a few years ago and didn't care for it much. I remember it creased and I was like, "wtf...hence the name...".
However, I love UDPP!! lol, to each his own I guess! I know everyone gets different results from different products. Its the only one that doesn't dry greasy. I've tried pretty much all of the above mentioned primers and UDPP makes my colors pop and is like eyeshadow/makeup super glue. My eye makeup stays put and color true until I take it off! I also like to use paint pots and shade sticks. But I use UDPP when I need my colors to last a really long time.

KellyBean

What's the texture of these? Are they more liquid-y than UDPP? If it is, you could possibly flip it over on its top so that the stuff goes to the lid, so it's easier to get it out.

GlamYOURUs

I bought mine at Walmart but returned it b/c I fell in love with Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I live by this one now. Until the next best thing comes along. lol

But I do agree, not all bases will work the same on everyone because you have to take into account that some people have dry, oily or normal lids.

pretebrowneyes

I bought this and love it...before I was using paints alone. It does well for making my colors blend well while not mushing them all together. I'm going to try my (only
blinks.gif
) paint in still life over it and also try nars orgasm multiple to gte some color pop. Does anyone have any recs or suggestions for that. My eye makeup stays..never had that problem, but the DAMN COLORS DON'T FRIKKIN POP! help.

AppleDiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie

Because Prep and Prime eye kinda SUCKS.

No offense to anyone who likes it, but doesn't work on me. MAC has so many other things that work well as a base like Paints, Paint Pots, Shadesticks...but Prep and Prime Eye?
thmbdn.gif
thmbdn.gif

I used to use P+P eye, I would have to use with multiple bases in summertime. Now, I use Matte gel and a paint pot and I am good all day and night!!
clap.gif

concertina

I *love* this stuff! SO MUCH BETTER than UDPP. Works like a charm and stands up to Texas heat on my oily skin!