Eye Shadow Base better than UDPP & Cheaper!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuuipo
Used this product many times before because its not expensive, and it is on par with UDPP. I don't think UDPP is very good, however, reason being is it dries out my eyelids and itches (I have oily skin) and it dulls the colours way down. I think the reason for its popularity is follow-the-pack mentality. I do think MAC shadesticks work better at gripping colour and Two Faced First Base (glittery) and Two Faced Second Base work light years on hold ing the product and keeping colour on and kicking up the intensity several notches. I get shadow fall out with UDPP and L'Oreal DeCrease but no fallout with NARS creme shadow as a base (Which also gives more intensity and a holographic look), and the Two Faced products. Two faced also doesn't dry up and lasts longer,works with all brands. L'Oreals De Crease is hard to get to the bottom of the product, and starts to dry out like UDPP when exposed to air.

I hope I'm doing this right...first time to leave a comment and quote someone
winks.gif
I have oily eyelids as well and it's interesting because I find that UDPP tends to make my lids drier and crepy looking as well. I counteract that by making sure I moisturize my lids well prior to applying the UDPP. Recently, I picked up Mac's Painterly paint pot and I like this far better than UDPP. Eye shadow sticks well and my eyelids don't have that dry look to it plus the coverage is great, meaning that if I didn't apply color shadow on top of it, it evens out the skin tone. I'll have to try L'oreal's Decrease...I've heard good and bad. I think Two Faced First Base may be similar to Benefit's Lemonade? I've never tried Two Faced but the Benefit, while creamier than UDPP, creases something awful for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyDolledUp
I totally agree with you. The only time the MUA used it on me was when it first came out, because I was complaining about my eyeshadow creasing. Her advice was to apply the Prep+Prime first then layer a bit of the Paint (the one in the tube, which is annoying, because the pressure in the tube makes more of the product come out more than I need, and it ends up getting wasted).

Anyway, but the last time I went there, they've been using the Paint Pot as the base and it seems to make the eyeshadow come out brighter and really shows the pigment and color. I wanna try it out, since the MUA said that it doesn't cause creasing and is a better alternative to the regular Paint tubes, since it's also easier to blend. She mentioned that using the Paint tube as a base ends up making the eyeshadow look scaley (like fish scales) if you blend too much. Has anyone had this problem with the paint tubes?

And Does anyone have any feedback about the Paint Pots? I want to get it, but I want to make sure that it really doesn't crease your eyeshadow.

I've got three paint pots and find that the Painterly doesn't look scaly/crepy on me like Rubenesque (with/without eyeshadow). I'm not sure if it's the color but it may have something to do with Painterly being matte and Rubenesque being shimmering? I sometimes prefer to wear Rubenseque alone but it just doesn't look right for some reason. I have similar problems with Delft but not as much. I have oily eyelids and I find myself reaching for Painterly paintpot more than my UDPP (I like the coverage and find shadow stays on just as well as UDPP, doesn't dry them out as much either). Also, if you pat the paint pot on instead of brushing/blending it on...for me, it works better and I find my lids look less crepy. Personally, even though the product is not perfect, I still love paint pots and plan to buy more...it's the one product I've found within Mac that "speaks" to me
smiles.gif
lol

richelleneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by janwa09
I've been looking for this eversince I saw a magazine ad of this I think last year but unfortunately, we don't have it in my country
ssad.gif
We don't even have l'oreal's HIP line of cosmetics.

same thing here grl, *sigh*, i think i visited all the Loreal`s store here in Hongkong just looking for the Hip pro and that base.

richelleneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobri
I prefer paints to paint pots because i have oily lids they seem to work better (although mauvism was terrible, clumpy looking) If I am going to use a paint pot (they have so many more colours so I am using them now) I use UDPP under it and this seems to help it stick better. I squeeze out my paint into an airtight sample jar when I get it. I find it easier to use and to get the right amount. Plus then I can use the tube for B2M right away.

Wow - i do this to, except that i only put pp on my lid not including the crease coz if i do the shadow is ruined! Same thing with my paint, i put a little in a sample jar and thats what i used everyday.

Sherice

I didn't like Loreal Decrease, it did crease on me and I had all these streaky lines on my lids....gave it away
thmbdn.gif

dirtball

people asked a lot of questions that i think this will answer. this is all based on my own experience and skin...

UDPP vs. MAC PAINT....(not paint pots, were talking about the tubes)

#1 i walk to work and wind makes my eyes water and my shadow at outer corners of my eyes gets ruined.
UDPP-- screwed. you cant let it just dry because youll have a circle of blurred shadow, if you dab it to get the water off, all of the makeup is gone. if you try to rub the shadow to drag it over and blend it into the now blank spot, the shadow will either come off in flakes, or just rub off! all you can do is wipe the corners off and put more primer and more shadow on.
MAC PAINT--when i dab the corners of my eye, pretty much only the water comes off and possibly a teeny bit of color. if my eyes were extra watery and a noticeable amount of color came off, once my eyes have stopped watering, i can lightly rub my shadow with a finger to drag it over and blend it and it looks great.

#2 packaging & application (i blend both with my finger)
UDPP--tube with doe foot wand applicator. i have to dip in in, repeatedly to get enough product out because theres like a DOT of it on the tip each time you pull it out. once you saw it in half and put it into another container, it gradually gets thicker and thicker which i think feels gross on my lids. it goes on like friggin clay. heavy! but even then, it still works. its hard for me to remember a lot about how it worked when it was in the original tube because so much product was scooped out when i sawed it in half- that its been out of the tube for longer than it was IN the tube.
MAC PAINT--small metalish paint tube with a tiny cap. cap is easily fumbleable especially when youre franticly trying to screw it back on before more paint squeezes out on its own. this is a constant problem, until you get used to how much pressure is needed in order to get the amount you want or else youll waste it all very quickly. very light consistency, goes on very smooth, weightless on your lids. product never dries up because of tight cap, and all of the product is able to be easily used without cutting things in half!

both products grab color well, although i think the mac paint is more grabby. because the paint is thinner, its easier to blend it into skin at the edges. paint also comes in a very light beige which matches my skin tone exactly so its idiot proof to apply and blend. someone asked if paint makes your skin look scaley. yes i believe it does, mainly if the eyeshadow has shimmer in it. i personally think it looks kinda awesome though especially with blues or greens, very mermaid. udpp does it sometimes as well...only with udpp it looks more like crust than scales! YUCK. i forgot to mention, the mac paint only leaves you about 1-2- minutes to put your shadow on before it is dry...so if you are the type of person who takes a long time doing your eyes, youd probably like the udpp because it stays tacky longer (at least my gross thick udpp does)

your a big girl now, you dont need to buy products which require you to saw containers in half. shell out the extra $5 and buy mac paint, you wont regret it!

MiCHiE

Only thing is....Paints crease on some people. In my case UDPP doesn't. I don't care about sawing the tube in half. After using 1 tube for more than a year, I've gotten my money's worth. I'm not interested in getting every last drop out. By that time, I've already gotten more with discounts, F&F, etc...No biggie. Just my 2 cents.