fake aLL girL...

missBOMBcheLLe

i just received a fake aLL girL (and aLso maybe bLue brown) piggi... i've never been in this situation before so i've asked a few girLs 'n they've advised to send it back once the refund has been given incLuding s&h for returning the items or put a cLaim into paypaL 'n advising them that the seLLer is seLLing fakes... now the seLLer is asking to ship the items back before refunding the money but i am worried that if i do i wiLL never get my money back...

i have compared my authentic aLL girL as weLL as a sampLe i was given 'n the fake is a much brighter pink. even my bf noticed that the jar had different writing and the sticker on the bottom onLy had a batch number - that tipped me off that it was a fake! the bLue brown looks authentic butt since i do not have one to compare it to and the aLL girL is for sure a fake, i cannot trust that this is authentic as weLL... i PMed her to ask about the situation 'n she cLaimed she got it from ebay herseLf... now she wants me to send them back before she sends the refund... which i have a gut feeLing not to do...

pLs. advise what i shouLd do about this situation... shouLd i put in a cLaim with paypaL to warn them that she is seLLing fakes? or wait for her to see if she sends the refund without any diLLemas?

i wiLL post pictures of the piggies up once i find the cord to upLoad them to the comp!

in the meantime, thanxXx so much darLings for your heLp!

panda0410

Please post the pics and name the seller so the rest of us can avoid them. DONT return the items until you get a refund or you may never see it again - lodge a claim with paypal stating that whats and whys of how you know its fake and you should get a refund fairly quickly.

missBOMBcheLLe

thanxXx panda! her seLLer name here is cynpat2000... i wiLL end up having to start a dispute w/ paypaL since the she is adamant of me sending her the pigments first... she even said to fiLe w/ paypaL if i wanted 2... when i spoke with paypaL, the rep said i wouLd have to get a letter from a 3rd party stating that the pigment is fake 'n fax it to them once i start the dispute... i'LL have to check which 3rd party wouLd be sufficient as proof of the fake... i can aLso send the pixXx as proof...

here are some pixXx 'n swatches of reaL 'n fake aLL girL piggies (cLickeee to see fuLL pixXx)

left 'n middLe are reaL aLL girL (fuLL size jar and sampLe) right is fake... reaL is purpLey 'n fake is pinkier

left is fake (bottom of jar is thicker 'n font is thicker) right is reaL

left onLy has batch code 'n right is reaL

bLue brown i bought from same seLLer butt i don't have one to compare so i don't know if it's fake... can somebOoty pLs. check if it looks like theirs? thanxXx!

front of bLue brown

front of fake aLL girL (left) 'n reaL aLL girL (right)

bottom of fake aLL girL (left) 'n reaL aLL girL (right)

back of fake aLL girL (left) 'n reaL aLL girL (right) - yOo can teLL the thickness of the fake aLL girL

another view of swatches reaL aLL girL (left 'n middLe) 'n fake aLL girL (right)

top 'n middLe reaL aLL girL 'n bottom fake aLL girL

i accidentaLLy deLeted the pixXx of the actuaL pigment in the jar... the coLors are very different... i wiLL take another one after work 2morrow 'n repost...

hope these pixXx 'n swatches heLp others determine if the piggies they receive are authentic or not...

MACATTAK

Yes that all girl is so fake! Your blue brown is authentic though
smiles.gif

panda0410

Definitely fake!! No two ways about it. I hope you didnt pay too much, my All Girl was a bit pricey and I was terrified of getting a fake but I didnt and unlike your mongrel seller my seller was fabulous about the whole thing.
The black sticker on the bottom gives it away - all pigments will have names and numbers, and stickers are either clear or silver, although correct me if I am wrong, I *think* some of the very older pigments DID have black stickers on the base. And the base of the jar is way too thick as well. Agreed with MACATTAK though, your Blue Brown is real
smiles.gif

me_jelly

The black sticker with only number is a dead give away for a fake number.

Agree with above posts: blue brown is authentic

missBOMBcheLLe

ugh i'm so ticked w/ paypaL! so i fiLed a cLaim stating that the seLLer sent me counterfeit merchandise and it automatically deferred (which pretty much means DENIES) my cLaim! it says:

We have completed our investigation of this case. No further action is required by you at this time. We have denied this claim. As stated in our User Agreement, PayPal’s Buyer Complaint Policy only applies to the shipment of goods, not to disputes about the attributes or quality of the goods received. We have noted your claim in the seller's record. The seller's account privileges will be limited if excessive complaints are received.

that's BS cuz i taLked to a Paypal rep and he told me to file a cLaim and fax in info that proves the merchandise that was sent was counterfeit... errrrrrrrrrrrgh i guess i'LL have to ask them when they're open...

has anybOotee fiLed a counterfeit cLaim 'n received this automated response?

panda0410

A lot of members here have filed claims for counterfeit items and received refunds, have a look throuhg some of the threads and you might find them, if you PM them they may be able to help you a little more with your complaint
smiles.gif

toby1

I had the same situation occur with a seller in the UK I did return them but I mailed them via Express mail with a Tracking# and I specified that she would have to also refund me the cost of the return shipment, she did provide me with a full refund unfortunately though she relisted the pigments. I left her negative feedback

missBOMBcheLLe

panda...wouLd yOo pLs. PM me the names of who i can contact to ask about the cLaim? or send me the linkeee of the thread? i can't seem to find a thread (other than mine) with a cLaim for counterfeit items... thanxXx!!!

toby...i wouLd send the piggies back butt the seLLer is getting very hard to deaL with... i wouLdn't want to loose out on my money and have to pay for shipping pLus return the merchadise to her-with the chance of her not issuing a refund... i toLd her that i wouLd gLadLy send the merchadise back once i received the refund since she did send me the counterfeit merchandise... what wouLd i do with a FAKE pigment neway? butt she said to fiLe a cLaim with paypaL instead...so i did! i sent a message to the res. center 'n they wiLL investigate the cLaim...

cynpat2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
Definitely fake!! No two ways about it. I hope you didnt pay too much, my All Girl was a bit pricey and I was terrified of getting a fake but I didnt and unlike your mongrel seller my seller was fabulous about the whole thing.
The black sticker on the bottom gives it away - all pigments will have names and numbers, and stickers are either clear or silver, although correct me if I am wrong, I *think* some of the very older pigments DID have black stickers on the base. And the base of the jar is way too thick as well. Agreed with MACATTAK though, your Blue Brown is real
smiles.gif

Im the seller in question and im not a mongrel seller to begin with, this was my first sale and I got the allgirl off ebay. I didnt trust missbombchelle and I guess I was right. I ended up giving her a refund before paypal reviewed it, because I was trying to be nice to her and she said she would ship both the pigments back if I refunded her money. Well like a fool I did. so anyway I refunded her like 2-3 weeks ago , have tried emailing her thru email, specktra, swaptawk , myspace about getting MY stuff back since shes got the money now. unless something happened in her family. shes totally avoiding me. after she said shed send back.
Also I have doubts that the fake pigment she showed is the one I sold her.
th_remoteImage-61.gif

panda0410

The item was definitely fake and you should have checked the authenticity of it BEFORE you resold it. As a responsible seller you have an obligation to make sure your items are authentic. I dont see any reason for her to show us a pigment that was not from you given that there is no doubt that the blue brown IS authentic, why on earth would she want to upset anyone by showing us something not sold to her by you. I believe that the fake All Girl IS the one YOU sold her. Furthermore why would you refund the blue brown which is clearly real? There is no grounds for a refund on that particular pigment.
You should consider yourself lucky you werent reported to MAC or EL for counterfeit goods and copyright infringement.

cynpat2000

I dont have alot of MAC first off. So im not real sure how to spot a fake. I didnt purposely sell a fake pigment either if it was indeed fake. if shes the one telling all the truth and im the liar and the villian. Who is trying to make this right ME. she is nowhere to be found. for a fake pigment she sure isnt trying to give it back like she said she would. I gave the refund like she wanted and she said shed mail the pigments back, I told her id pay for shipping. but NO she wont get in touch with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
The item was definitely fake and you should have checked the authenticity of it BEFORE you resold it. As a responsible seller you have an obligation to make sure your items are authentic. I dont see any reason for her to show us a pigment that was not from you given that there is no doubt that the blue brown IS authentic, why on earth would she want to upset anyone by showing us something not sold to her by you. I believe that the fake All Girl IS the one YOU sold her. Furthermore why would you refund the blue brown which is clearly real? There is no grounds for a refund on that particular pigment.
You should consider yourself lucky you werent reported to MAC or EL for counterfeit goods and copyright infringement.

wolfsong

To stick my nose in:
Maybe she thinks you'll sell it on again - i dont know about other people, but i have issues with sending back counterfeit makeup (ive made that mistake once and im certain it was flogged again - for more than i paid lol!). Shouldnt the buyer just destroy it - what good is it to you as its fake, other then to sell on to another unsuspecting buyer?!
Im sorry but you took the chance to sell it not knowing the authenticity - putting the buyer at risk and costing them and yourself money. I think - if you are a genuine seller - you should take this as a lesson learnt and be more careful in future.

cynpat2000

No, I want it back. im not going to sell it again. If it is indeed fake , I want to file a claim against the person I got it off ebay from. and how can I do that if shes got it, and besides its mine now, I refunded her. I just want my stuff back. and she may be scamming me , who knows. check her feedback, problems with 2 sellers in less than a month..
th_remoteImage-61.gif
This was my first sale and last, im even done swapping. This is too much of a headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
To stick my nose in:
Maybe she thinks you'll sell it on again - i dont know about other people, but i have issues with sending back counterfeit makeup (ive made that mistake once and im certain it was flogged again - for more than i paid lol!). Shouldnt the buyer just destroy it - what good is it to you as its fake, other then to sell on to another unsuspecting buyer?!
Im sorry but you took the chance to sell it not knowing the authenticity - putting the buyer at risk and costing them and yourself money. I think - if you are a genuine seller - you should take this as a lesson learnt and be more careful in future.

wolfsong

type.gif

eBay My World: cynpat2000
s.gif
(private )

Feedback score: 15|Positive feedback: 77.8%

No longer a registered user

Im sorry but how can you file a dispute if you are not registered? (By the feedback it seems like ebay kicked you off, and as paypal is owned by ebay then your paypal account should have been suspended too).

Please correct me if im wrong, but why make feedback private if you have nothing to hide?

Hilly

To play devil's advocate here, maybe cynpat2000 genuinely made a mistake. I remember seeing on this board a complaint about the buyer in question saying something that she was keeping merchandise that was refunded or something (can't clearly remember...i believe the mods removed it). But she was doing something fishy that caused a specktra member to be upset.
And for the seller to have been kicked off ebay or having negatives could be because of the buyer in question reporting and leaving negatives. Just my 2 cents

wolfsong

The buyer could only have been responsible for 1 negative as all transactions from one person are only counted as one. I dont know whether this means if you leave a negative a future positive will not count towards the score though. The fact that the seller has made the feedback private makes it seem like there is something in the feedback that they dont want future buyers to see (when they were selling). I ALWAYS avoid private feedback sellers for this reason - and i know im not the only one to do so. A single buyer stating that a product was fake could make the seller loose out on potential sells - esp as the feedback was only just in double digits, though as we have viewed on here many people just dont look at the feedback at all! - There has been a seller with 70ish% f/b selling fake mac quite well... (Turns out they sold the fake e/s lot to the seller that is stating its 'non genuine mac' in the auction!)

cynpat2000

Bull crap. I was never a seller on ebay. I Bid on a few items and an emergency happened and I couldnt pay for the items that I got and got a few unpaid item strikes and got suspended off ebay for that reason. The pigment that I sold missbombchelle was sold thru here. geez I give up.
ETA: If I can remember the passcode and get in there and make it public I will do so in the next day or so to prove I was never a fake mac seller.

Besides wolf this IS NOT between me and you its between me and missbombchelle. I posted on this thread to set the record straight this if it was fake was never my intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfsong
The buyer could only have been responsible for 1 negative as all transactions from one person are only counted as one. I dont know whether this means if you leave a negative a future positive will not count towards the score though. The fact that the seller has made the feedback private makes it seem like there is something in the feedback that they dont want future buyers to see (when they were selling). I ALWAYS avoid private feedback sellers for this reason - and i know im not the only one to do so. A single buyer stating that a product was fake could make the seller loose out on potential sells - esp as the feedback was only just in double digits, though as we have viewed on here many people just dont look at the feedback at all! - There has been a seller with 70ish% f/b selling fake mac quite well... (Turns out they sold the fake e/s lot to the seller that is stating its 'non genuine mac' in the auction!)

cynpat2000

headlogo_t.gif
Home About Us Contact Us
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif

specktra_theme.gif
spacer.gif
Link Directory | iTrader | Staff
spacer.gif

spacer.gif
MAC's Origin Depotting Color Stories Pricing Looks Pigments Viva Glam Foundation Help FORUMSBLOGGALLERYNEWSSUBSCRIBE RegisterMAC News & InfoMember PhotosSpecktra NewsBecome a Premium Member Tutorial Contest Winners MAC Release Dates MAC Comprehensive Precautions MAC cosmetics official site
spacer.gif
Specktra.Net > iTrader missBOMBcheLLe Welcome, cynpat2000.
You last visited: Today at 08:21 AM
Private Messages: Unread 0, Total 16.
Change Mood: No Mood Aggressive Amazed Amused Angelic Angry Apprehensive Approved Asleep bahahaha Bashful Bighug Bitched Bitchy Blah bookworm Bored Breezy Brokenheart Brooding Busy Buzzed Chatty Cheeky Cheerful Cloud_9 Cold Confused Cool Crackhead Crappy Curmudgeon Cynical Dancing Daring Dead Depressed Devilish Disapprove Doh Doubtful Drunk Dunce Dunno Festive FestiveA Fine Flirty FootMouth Freezing Gay Goofy Grumpy HaHa Happy Horny Hot Hotflash Hungover InLove Innocent Inpain Inspired Lonely Love Lurking Mad Mellow Nerdy Ornery Paranoid Pensive Persnickety Pissedoff Psychadelic Question Relaxed Sad Sassy Scared Shocked Shots Sick Sillyme Sleepy Sneaky Starving Stuck Studly sunshine Suspicious Stressed Talkative Tell Thankyou Tiptoe Tired Tolerant Toothache Torn Vilified Volatile Wasted Where Whew Wicked Worried Woot Yehaw Youwhat
My Mood: vbmenu_register("moods", 1);

navbarlinks_bl.gif
User CPFAQMembers ListCalendarNew PostsSearch vbmenu_register("navbar_search");
menu_open.gif
Quick Links vbmenu_register("usercptools");
menu_open.gif
Log Out
navbarlinks_br.gif

Show Threads Show Posts
Advanced SearchFind All Thanked Posts
Quick LinksToday's PostsMark Forums ReadOpen Buddy ListUser Control PanelEdit SignatureEdit ProfileEdit OptionsMiscellaneousPrivate MessagesSubscribed ThreadsMy ProfileWho's Online
Go to Page...

Member ProfileRecent RatingsContact Info
Feedback Score:
Positive Feedback:0
50.0%
Members who left positive:
Members who left negative:2
2Total positive feedback:2Submit Feedback For missBOMBcheLLe
Past
MonthPast
6 MonthsPast
12 Months
icon10.gif
Positive000
icon5.gif
Neutral000
icon8.gif
Negative222
View full profile for missBOMBcheLLe
Last Activity: 08-12-2007 11:36 PM
Private Message:
Send a private message to missBOMBcheLLe

All Feedback ReceivedFrom BuyersFrom SellersFrom TradesLeft for OthersTotal Feedback Received By missBOMBcheLLe Rating SummaryOptionsFromDate
icon8.gif
refunded her, and now she wont send stuff back, and ive tried contacting her
submit_on.gif
edit_off.gif
Seller cynpat2000 (4) 08-14-2007
icon8.gif
On 7/3 claimed not rec'd 9101128882300910976425
submit_on.gif
edit_off.gif
Seller Amethyst_beauty (22) 07-26-2007
icon10.gif
WOW! Great Spectra member/buyer! Thank U so much, It's been a pleasure.
submit_off.gif
edit_off.gif
Seller ZLoves2Shop (12) 11-10-2005
icon10.gif
Lovely lady, nice and easy to talk to, a real pleasure! A+++++
submit_off.gif
edit_off.gif
Seller Monique0a (17) 09-27-2005

spacer.gif

-- Specktra - Liquid -- Specktra - Fixed -- Romantic Speckles Contact Us - Specktra.Net - Archive - Top

LOCAL NAVIGATION