Favorite eye shadow brush?

lms6241

I have 239 and I really like but I don't want to spend $$. Do you have a favorite less expensive eye shadow brush? * Edited the thread's title to reflect the original post.

xoleaxo

why don't you check out NYX brushes? i have one ($4) that is kind of like the 239.. i was really surprised at how much i liked it! you can find them in some drug stores or on cherryculture.com

flowerhead

yes, the body shop eyeshadow brushes. i use the blending & shadow brushes, they are just as good as mac's.
the blending one is large & fluffy but still dense, so it's great for blending out shadows & highlighting, and the shadow brush is small & very firm so it's good for packing colour on.

InRetospeck

Now that you have the 239 (the best brush to start with) you really should just invest in the 217 or the 224... trust me in the long run you would not regret it. You would spend that on a shirt or shoes that would not last you half as long (meaning you take care of it). Trust me MAC brushes are worth it. And having the 217 (picks up more color) 224 (picks up less and can really blend ) help take your eyeshadow to a different level.

I know that everytime I pay for a MAC brush I am getting what I paid for... something hand made and that is going to last me a LONG TIME!

newagetomatoz

My all-time favorite eyeshadow brush is mark.'s eyeshadow brush. I believe it sells for $5 + tax, and it is so worth it! Somedays I use it for my entire shadow application! I've had mine for about six months now, and there hasn't been any shedding or bleeding, just wonderful application!

jin1022000

I personally think Sephora have some good quality eyeshadow brushes nowadays. (clinique has some good ones also)

chihullomac

I totally agree, once you invest in your brushes you will not regret it and the price you pay will be totally worth it!

meleftie

I have slowly being building my MAC brush collection and have found a few other great brands. My MAC 217 I love love love. I use the 239 but have found other similar dupes for less $$. Louise Young has a crease brush though that is TDF!

deidre

MAC 242

I got this brush through a swap and wasn't overly excited about getting it, but it's awesome! It's super soft, perfect for packing on color, and not too big or fluffy for my small eyelids.

BadLeslie

I agree about the 217 and 224. My personal favorite is the idiotically LE 226. The 219 is a nice addition too, although its not the softest brush out there. With a 239, 217, 224, 226, and 219, your eyelids can rule the world. :)

meleftie

With a 239, 217, 224, 226, and 219, your eyelids can rule the world.
smiles.gif
I agree completely with this post - tried so many brands and these are by far my fav MAC (and eye) brushes!!

macupsjf

#109 for foundation and #224 for almost anything (deep connection with this brush lol.) These are my favorites!

Jessmc

[h=2]Oh how I miss the 222. Luckily I have two. I'm pretty obsessed with the 286 & 217 right now though. Oh and if your looking for a 226 dupe, Merle Norman has one identical.[/h]