Favorite eye shadow brush?

Nativenewyorker

I love the 217 brush. I was hesitant because of the price, but after reading reviews online I decided that it was worth the investment. Applying eye shadow with this brush was a revelation! I can't believe the difference this brush makes. My eye makeup never looked so good. I understand now what a difference a quality brush can make when it comes to applying eye makeup. I know that this brush will last a long time and the initial money spent was well worth it.

Just for reference, I also have the 219 pencil brush. Lowe Cornell has a great dupe for the MAC 239 with its Maxine's Mop brushes. I have also used a few Sigma brushes. But there is just nothing like the real thing!

mistress_murky

the 263 for lining and filling in eyebrows. I have never found an angled brush from any other line that I like as much.

I picked up a sonia brush from Target, and it's just okay. I really like the sephora house brand brushes for shadow though.

lilchocolatema

This is tough! I love the 217 because it's firm enough to blend and apply shadow, but I also love the 213. Perfect for applying a wash of color over the eye.

DILLIGAF

LIke most have said I love my MAC brushes my favorites being the 217 and the 226. For cheaper brushes the best dupe for the 239 I've found is the Loew-Cornell 270 Maxine Mop paintbrush in 3/8. Its the same size and white goat hair as the MAC brush how ever it retails for $4. I have several of these brushes in my brush collection. You used to be able to easily find them at Michael's but I've noticed the 3/8th size is very difficult to find in stores. There are plenty of art websites that carry them and for even less. Anyone else have any experience with this brush? How did you get on with it?

DILLIGAF

Comparison of the paintbrush and the MAC 239. The MAC is slightly denser and the paintbrush handle is longer.

katred

Specktra Bestie
I really like the 239 for brighter colours, because nothing I've tried gives me a more concentrated application. As an all-purpose brush, I have to share the love for the 217. I actually prefer the Tom Ford blending brush, but it's more expensive. I'm also a big fan of the Hourglass shadow brush. It's a good choice for when you want to build up colour, as it applies in light, even layers.

I agree with those who've said that good brushes are worth the investment. For years, I just bought cheap options and when I finally made the leap (to Mac as a starting point), I was amazed at how much better the application was and how much softer many of the brushes were.

Zebula

I love the Mac 217 and 242. I read somewhere that the Bdellium Tools n°776 and 777 would be dupes for the Mac 217 and 239.

Julie Mahieux

Hi girls,
i don't know if you now the brand Zoeva?
It is a german company that makes amazing brushes for an affordable price.
You should check there kits. They are amazing.
https://www.zoeva-shop.de/de/

infinitize

Honestly, its really worth investing in the higher end brushes.
MAC is actually the lowest I'll go because in the long run, its actually cheaper that way.
Even if brushes were to look the same, they perform differently and lasts for a different amount of time.
I've had my MAC 219 (I sold 217 and 239 because I liked Chanel and Hakuhodo brushes better) for 2 years and its still as good as new and performs really well.