Filling in eyebrows...

mac4less

Every girl that I see on youtube..doing a tutorial... fills in her eyebrows.....is it really that necessary...??? I never even bothered with it...

TISH1124

I think it is if you have thinner brows or if you want to darken/lighten then ...I fill mine in to give them a more thick neater appearance

berryjuicy

It's a matter of personal preference. I have sparse eyebrows, so I do fill mine in. If I'm wearing eyeshadow it just doesn't look complete with undone brows. I suppose if I had fuller eyebrows I may not need to fill them in. Properly filled in brows polish off the look in my opinion.

MiCHiE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
I think it makes eye makeup look more defined and helps to finish a look.

Ditto! Depending on how much you're doing to your eyes, it can be a necessity. I think it's a must if you're wearing a bold look or any type of brow highlight.

chocolategoddes

YES YES YES it's necessary!
I'm a huge eyebrow freak. I think people need to learn the art of proper eyebrow technique.
It's one of those subtle things that really pulls a look together, in my opinion.

Titty

I think it's necessary, it finishes a look.

It's like doing your eye makeup and not putting eyeliner or mascara on? Does that make sense? lol

Lovey99

Personally, I do not fill my eyebrows in. I have very thick eyebrows, so I do not deem it necessary. When I get my eyebrows threaded, I get them thinned out a bit so they are not so thick in appearance.

reesesilverstar

Especially if you wear glasses you would want to fill in your brows. It really helps your face look alot more finished.

Personally I fill mines in because I'm missing hairs in alot of places and if I don't my eyes look weird.

aziajs

It helps pull your look together. It also helps create a more finished face. I find that it really accents not only your makeup but your face and its features. It makes a big difference:

P3270024-1.jpg
P4110023.jpg

Curly1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
It helps pull your look together. It also helps create a more finished face. I find that it really accents not only your makeup but your face and its features. It makes a big difference:

P3270024-1.jpg
P4110023.jpg

I actually prefer your "before". It looks a lot more natural & polished to me. You're very pretty!
th_wink3.gif

nursee81

To me it depends if I am just going to work then no I don't fill them in but going out yes. It makes them in my opinion look more defined and polish.

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs

P3270024-1.jpg
P4110023.jpg

I think you are gorgeous with the natural brows...

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I actually prefer your "before". It looks a lot more natural & polished to me. You're very pretty!
th_wink3.gif

I agree. Even if you did pencil them in just a bit; I prefer the more natural look. Either way, your makeup and face are always flawless.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
th_wink3.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovey99
I agree. Even if you did pencil them in just a bit; I prefer the more natural look. Either way, your makeup and face are always flawless.

Really? I would never go back to wearing my brows naturally. I much prefer them filled in.

TISH1124

I always fill mine in...I let them keep their natural shape....But I like the filled in look...More polished IMO...I actually can't do the squared off thing and get them to match...thats the only reason....

gabi03

i guess lovey and i are the odd ones out. i don't fill mine in, I don't feel its a necessity, natural brows can look flawless with a tiny bit of wax and some light grooming. In the long run, fuller natural brows will always be in style and so i refuse to really pluck them. I do light maintenance to get strays but i just don't like to whole harsh brow look, sorry but it kinda seems tacky lookin (when pulled off wrong)

Lovey99

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03
i guess lovey and i are the odd ones out. i don't fill mine in, I don't feel its a necessity, natural brows can look flawless with a tiny bit of wax and some light grooming. In the long run, fuller natural brows will always be in style and so i refuse to really pluck them. I do light maintenance to get strays but i just don't like to whole harsh brow look, sorry but it kinda seems tacky lookin (when pulled off wrong)

yes.gif

Very well stated. I like my makeup to look more natural... Even if I wear bright shadows or lips, I like a more natural look.