Filling in eyebrows...

I think it's your own personal preference. When I started off wearing makeup I told myself I wouldn't ever touch my brows (filling them in or penciling them etc). I saw lots of other girls (not on Specktra, but in life) fill them in or shave them off and re-draw and I never liked the look, IMO. I gave in probably about 2 months ago and started to just extend my brow a little or fill in empty spots on my brows.

I eventually started to line my brow and gently fill them in. IMO it does and changes a lot..esp if you're doing a full face of makeup it's like icing on the cake. HOWEVER if you have perfect brows (if that even exists) don't bother with it.

Filling in eyebrows are GREAT when you mispluck! Just the other day I was using those small mini face shaver thingies and the TOP of my brow grows very quickly so I use a mini brush thing and brush the brow hair up and trim it too bad my hand slipped and it took a good portion off. Thank goodness for brow pencils!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerGreyness
If I don't fill my brows, I look like a cadaver
greengrin.gif

th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
th_LMAO.gif
............................. .
shockt.gif

SassyMochaJess

I have a lazy fill-in and a wanna look extra polish fill in.

Aziajs I know where you coming from with the "polished look". Alot of women are stuck on this natural thing when it comes to makeup, which is cool but some of us like myself love the made up look (just as long as everything is blended well). Plus you do are great job shaping your brows.

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SassyMochaJess
Alot of women are stuck on this natural thing when it comes to makeup....

I actually laughed out loud when I read that.
smiles.gif
It really is like you said, different strokes for different folks.

chocolategoddes

I suppose if there is no need for you to fill in your brows then you shouldn't waste you time doing so. You should consider just trying it out and figuring out what look works best for you... you might just surprise yourself.

I might post pics later. I used to think i didn't need to fill in my brows, but oh boy did it make a difference!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBelle
Whoops. Just realized that I'm a white girl posting in the Beauty of Color area. Hope that's okay! I tend not to even notice what forum I'm in
smiles.gif

You have angered the Beauty of Color gods for trespassing. Now, you must sacrifice your most prized goat before they execute you. :/

aziajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
I used to think i didn't need to fill in my brows, but oh boy did it make a difference!

Right! I used to think the same thing. I refused to do it because it was one more step, I didn't want to feel like I "had" to do it, and I thought it was unnecessary. I used to think they looked perfectly fine once they were arched. Why fill them in???? I really didn't think it made a difference but like you said, it really does.

spectrolite

Quote:
EDITED TO ADD:
Whoops. Just realized that I'm a white girl posting in the Beauty of Color area. Hope that's okay! I tend not to even notice what forum I'm in
smiles.gif

I just want to let you and everyone else who is not a WOC (seriously - everyone has got some colour anyway....) to know that is is perfectly fine to post in here. It's not a segregated forum! It's one big happy Specktra family. It makes me sad to think that people are afraid to post in here because they are not "coloured"...
ssad.gif
Please pass the message along - it's okay!! lol...

uabiola

I personally fill in my eyebrwos because they are so thin after I arch them that they are almost invisible. When I first started as a teen, I made the biggest mistake of using velvetone, because I have jet black hair naturally...big mistake. Then I tried stud, which looks similar too velvetone but more natural. Then a MA said, try spiked, I said "girl, you trippin, this is way too light, I have jet black hair".......so, Ive been using spiked going on 2 yrs now...lol....Its perfect, and looks so natural because its a bit lighter, and even if I pack it on, its still doesnt look like a nike sign or check mark on my face, lol. The key is to draw the brow in the natural direction of your hair growth. Then afterwards use a eyebrow brush and brush the color in the direction of hair growth for a more natural look. Works for me, and I get compliments all the time.
th_DANCE.gif

uabiola

I personally like the before better. The after looks too drawn on..though you did an amazing job filling them in, and they look really even. I still prefer the width of the before because its not as thick and overwhemling to your face. I think you have great eyes, and the width of the after brow takes away from their beauty, but its still a good brow though.

LaVixxen

Quote:
Originally Posted by aziajs
It helps pull your look together. It also helps create a more finished face. I find that it really accents not only your makeup but your face and its features. It makes a big difference:

P3270024-1.jpg
P4110023.jpg

I like the before better. I think the after eyebrows are a bit too strong for the light makeup your wearing. But thats just me. You still look beautiful though.

Curly1908

I think that filling-in your eyebrows is a wonderful idea when your eyebrows are sparse or lightly-colored. It really puts your look together and makes you look polished.

If you have normal or thick eyebrows, though -- filling them in can make you look 1) angry or 2) masculine (kinda tranny-ish) or 3) like Groucho Marx.

Marx,%20Groucho.jpg

However, as Trish said, makeup is an individual choice so everybody should do whatever they like.
cutey.gif

TISH1124

Quote:

EDITED TO ADD:
smiles.gif

I think you are all good...I didn't even realize it was in the WOC section...I thought it was just in general makeup chat.....and could be answered by anyone....
yes.gif
We all have brows...I stay in the Porcelain Beauties thread so what do I know LOL

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly1908
I think that filling-in your eyebrows is a wonderful idea when your eyebrows are sparse or lightly-colored. It really puts your look together and makes you look polished.

If you have normal or thick eyebrows, though -- filling them in can make you look 1) angry or 2) masculine (kinda tranny-ish) or 3) like Groucho Marx.

Marx,%20Groucho.jpg

However, as Trish said, makeup is an individual choice so everybody should do whatever they like.
cutey.gif

In His case....He does not need a fill but more like a WAX for real
th_LMAO.gif

lafemmenoir

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
No one is slagged on giving CC if the poster asks for it...nor for giving CC in general for that matter...they are slagged on nasty insults

I should not have posted this apparently before reading the "chatter" section and I am not referring to that incident, and I have seen it happen as I don't just come to this forum so I can attest that people who give CC are sometimes slagged on by other members. Maybe not in your experience but people tend to get tense when it comes to suggestions or feedback because we are human. Dang you have to put disclaimers on comments here now. smh.

TISH1124

^^ I don't think it is really that serious.....We don't get a lot of rude people here ...so not worth going into on this thread really....Not for me anyway....

lafemmenoir

Maybe but the tone of your response to my comment let me know it was serious as I was stating people can and do get tense about c.c. just as they do about comments apparently.

TISH1124

Tone......How do you get tone from a typed message...No caps...No explanation marks...There was No tone.....I personally have no problem with CC if it is constructive....I am not sure what you are looking for here...But again...it is not that serious for me....I have been critiqued on my fotd and it really doesn't bother me....I learn from it...

blazeno.8

Quote:

EDITED TO ADD:
smiles.gif

Well I think that this is a topic that really isn't WOC specific and is more of a general topic like many others have stated. It would probably be just as beneficial in the MAC chat or Recommendation sections.

leenybeeny

I had never filled in my brows until very recently. I thought that because my brows were so dark that I never needed to. However, they are slightly sparse on the inner corners, especially on one brow, so I have found filling them in makes a world of difference.

No fill:
3120686835_9fe3645c2c.jpg

Fill:
3498442484_4d9f2aefc7.jpg

It's not a huge difference, but enough to make them more uniform throughout.

EDIT: Why is my face more tanned in December than in May?? LOL I just noticed hehe
EDIT EDIT: Wow, my hair has grown a lot.

Umm, I need to go to bed, I had to much rum and am talking nonsense. Night lovelies xoxox