First Car??

AppleDiva

Another get-to-know you question.

My first car was a brownish-burgundy 1987 Chevy Cavalier in 1994. I loved that little car. It was my second year in college and I was sooo excited to have this car, plus I lived off campus.
cheerleader.gif
The summer of '95 it was stolen... boo hiss to thievery. Thankfully, I got another Cavalier that summer....

What was your first car?

ben

a 91 chevy sprint...i bought it in 2000 and drove it up until a month ago. my insurance company wrote it off after someone hit my car : ( when we parted ways she had over 300 000 km on her

now i am driving a 92 honda civic hatchback. it was so cheap, but i love him! so cheap on gas and very peppy.

NutMeg

My first car was a '98 Chevy Lumina sedan, navy blue. It was a love hate relationship. Anyway, we parted ways when I moved out and the car stayed.
greengrin.gif

AppleDiva

Wow, first car is an SUV... very cool. I am glad you didnt name her Betsy.
lmao.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilly
92 teal ford explorer...named la quita...lol

BloodMittens

2004 Cadillac CTS Burgandy... (I named it Sexy... whenever I was talking to it people used to look at me so funny)

I kinda miss it... but my SRX kicks so much ass. (I haven't named it yet... )

MACATTAK

It was a Hyundai Accent (forgot the year), and it was a piece of shit that left me stranded. It was only a year or two old when I got it, but it turned out to be a lemon. My first car experience was a bad one!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACATTAK
It was a Hyundai Accent (forgot the year), and it was a piece of shit that left me stranded. It was only a year or two old when I got it, but it turned out to be a lemon. My first car experience was a bad one!
th_remoteImage-61.gif

My friend's Hyundai did the same thing last year... it was only a year old too.. sucked D:

captodometer

Burgundy 1968 Volkswagen Beetle. It had issues, usually involving the brakes and turn signal fuses. My friends nicknamed it the "Death Bug." I started calling it "Christine" toward the end. It was definitely a love/hate relationship.

I left it at home when I went to college; various relatives have been driving it for the past 16 years. It finally burst into flames one day as my cousin was driving it down I-20. It now sits with a burned out engine in my uncle's back yard; the fire department managed to put it out before the whole thing burned. Other than the engine, the rest of the car survived.

I'm going to have the car restored when/if I move back to the United States. It is a classic, after all
smiles.gif

MACa6325xi

1989 Honda Civic DX. When I went through the toll booths, I had to manually roll the windows down. LOL Even though I bought it brand new, it was a piece of crap. Everyone says Hondas are so good. Well that one wasn't. I think I did a dance when I sold it.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACa6325xi
1989 Honda Civic DX. When I went through the toll booths, I had to manually roll the windows down. LOL Even though I bought it brand new, it was a piece of crap. Everyone says Hondas are so good. Well that one wasn't. I think I did a dance when I sold it.

When I heard this all I thought about was Employee of the Month when Jessica Simpson hits the 1981 Honda with a golf ball. Lawlz.

Raerae

Um I was like 15 in like 1996, and it was a 95 Acoord EX Coupe in that champaigne color, with tan leather interior and a moonroof. Parents wanted me to learn how to drive on the car I was going to be driving.

Was a fun car as a kid.

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodMittens
My friend's Hyundai did the same thing last year... it was only a year old too.. sucked D:

Yeah, not a car or make that I would ever recommend to anyone.

My first car - that is so funny, because I had an old piece of running metal that got me to destination A and B. My first car was a 1979 Dodge Colt Vista. My Dodge Colt Vista made screeching noises when it was first started during the winter. Therefore, I had to spray something on it, that my dad showed me, to "tame" the engine. Also, we always had to check the water coolant resovoir - everytime we went somewhere- in order to prevent overheating the transmission. Such Car Drama! However, I have so my fond memories in that car that it was a 'blessing in disguise', because we can laugh at our embarrasment.
cheerleader.gif

yummy411

ummm 91 chevy lumina .. nicknamed "the lumi" ummm i bought it in cash and 'worked on it' over time. bought it in like 2003 LOL i'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. it was healthy for me.. everyone needs a humbling hooptie experience LOL

MxAxC-_ATTACK

My first car was a 1995 Volkswagen Jetta , I got rid of it and bought an Acura Integra, I then bought a ford explorer, I still have both the Acura and the Explorer, And I am looking forward to buying a Mustang GT in January!!
cheerleader.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtisticFaces
Also, we always had to check the water coolant resovoir - everytime we went somewhere- in order to prevent overheating the transmission.

:confused: water doesn't cool transmissions,but the engine could overheat with no water in the radiator.

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
My first car was a 1995 Volkswagen Jetta , I got rid of it and bought an Acura Integra, I then bought a ford explorer, I still have both the Acura and the Explorer, And I am looking forward to buying a Mustang GT in January!!
cheerleader.gif

:confused: water doesn't cool transmissions,but the engine could overheat with no water in the radiator.

I wish I could express my hate for Mustangs and the kids who drive them around the Chicago suburbs... so I will. I will merely state that I do dislike them and their sayings of how their car is so much better than mine even though they didn't pay for theirs... their mommy and daddy did DDD:

It feels good to say "Oh yeah... well... I've had two caddys and I paid for both myself so MEH."

I love new car shows for this reason. Stick it to them!

What year Mustang GT?

M.A.C_Addiction

Ah yes my first car. It was a 1991 White Honda Accord. (see picture below) Now, where do I begin on this piece of shit.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
(
looks are deceiving) I bought a car, (this was almost 2 years ago. Actually it will be 2 years in January) This shitbox lasted like 4 months brought it to the mechanic numerous times. Car didn't start one cold winter morning. Got it towed to the mechanic. Mechanic told me he would have to fix "blah blah" but he wasn't sure if that was the problem. Had to wait untill the car thawed out. I told him I don't want the f'kkn thing anymore and that he can keep it. I spent way too much in the past months fixing the piece of crap that I vowed not to put a penny more into it
angry.gif
. Ugggggh! My FIRST and ONLY time that I will purchase a used car.
Man, if I ONLY knew it was going to die on me, I would of beat the shit out of this car. I would of taken it off roading or something you know. Like smash into things for the fun of it. (like a derby mind you
cutey.gif
)
Or maybe take it on the highway and give it all it gots untill the engine blew or something. Oh, the fun I would of had.
:nod:

ResizeWizard-1.jpg

Hilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C_Addiction
Man, if I ONLY knew it was going to die on me, I would of beat the shit out of this car. I would of taken it off roading or something you know. Like smash into things for the fun of it. (like a derby mind you
cutey.gif
)
Or maybe take it on the highway and give it all it gots untill the engine blew or something. Oh, the fun I would of had.

LOL I had a cell phone that I HATED and which caused me much misery. One day my trusty old La Quita helped me run over the cell phone. It felt damn good!!!
clap.gif

BloodMittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A.C_Addiction
Ah yes my first car. It was a 1991 White Honda Accord. (see picture below) Now, where do I begin on this piece of shit.
th_remoteImage-61.gif
(
looks are deceiving) I bought a car, (this was almost 2 years ago. Actually it will be 2 years in January) This shitbox lasted like 4 months brought it to the mechanic numerous times. Car didn't start one cold winter morning. Got it towed to the mechanic. Mechanic told me he would have to fix "blah blah" but he wasn't sure if that was the problem. Had to wait untill the car thawed out. I told him I don't want the f'kkn thing anymore and that he can keep it. I spent way too much in the past months fixing the piece of crap that I vowed not to put a penny more into it
angry.gif
. Ugggggh! My FIRST and ONLY time that I will purchase a used car.
cutey.gif
)
:nod:

ResizeWizard-1.jpg

LOL. I did that with the car I "borrowed" from my Dad. I don't say it was "my" first car because it wasn't mine. It was my dad's, and I never put a penny into it, so it wasn't really MY car. But yeah:

7218.jpg
It looked like this, only black and dirty all the time. I used to take it "off-roading" with my friends. Where I would drive into kiddy parks and stuff in the middle of the night, drive on curbs like crazy. I would drive into baseball diamonds in the park and do donuts in them (mind you... I was 16 and suffering badly from ADD and immaturity, at the time.. it was hilarious)

As much as I disliked that damned car... my friends made a new slogan for every time we would go out in it, they used to call me up and ask to go "Off-roading with Ashley" (that's my name)

No really... they still do it. They continue to say it to this day and make new things about it: Hence = http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=82311 32

Ahhh... fun times fun times. And then I bought my Cadillac and became anal about my car. No one drives it except me, no one cleans it except me, a girl hit me once and I freaked out on her even though I only got a scratch on my car and her car had a huge dent... yeah.. I'm a bunch of anal.