Fluidline on the Waterline and/or Fluidline Causing Eye Sensitivity

inlucesco

Re: Does Fluidline irritate anyone elses eyes?

My Non-Conformist fluidline really irritates my eyes - I bought it brand new and always use a clean brush, but it still bothers me. If I fall asleep with the eyeliner still on, my eyes practically glue shut. It's a shame, 'cause I love that color!

kashleigh80

My fluidline only bothers my eyes when I put it on my waterline. And if that, only after I wash my face and eyes. I've learned to check my eyes for stray clumps that get rubbed in, right after I wash my face. Ever since I've been checking, as long as my eyes are completely clean when I go to bed I don't have any irritation. Are you a contact lens wearer? Because I am, and that can always be an issue
smiles.gif

amoona

Where are you applying the fluidline? If your applying it to your waterline then that might be the issue. Fluidlines haven't been tested for the waterline. Many people do use them on the waterline with no problem (like me) but there are a lot of people who do have irritation from them if applied on the waterline.

Other then that I've never heard of anyone having uses using fluidline on the eyelid.

Colorqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlahWah
I was asking about the fluidline to make it wasn't a used one you were using, so good news on that front. =) As for the brush, yeah, try washing it. Did you wash it after you bought it? Other than that... maybe it's something else entirely that's bugging your eye. Try using a different liner for a few days to see if there's any difference.

My eyes have started bothering in the last few months and I thought it was my Fluidline too, but it wasn't. Still can't pin down the source, but it's a strange itch, as it's just my eyelids, not my eyes! I want to dig my nails under the lids and scratch for all its worth (but of course I don't do that!). I find it acts up when I wash my face, mainly b/c I rub my eyelids, irritating whatever's there. I did some net searching and one girl blogged about it, saying Nizoral helped (either cream or shampoo, don't remember, but shampoo would STING like crazy!). Many ppl replied (300+) stating the same symptoms I laid out, with hydrocortizone relieving a bit of the itch but not curing it. Quite a few tried Nizoral both cream and shampoo and most of them got results.

I'm not endorsing this method, and no doctor would diagnose yeast to be an issue in the eye, but I thought I'd just lay out what I've found. My doctor won't prescribe Nizoral cream to me and I'm not desperate enough to try the shampoo (thsoe who tried it usually suffered with the symptoms for 2+ years). I tried anti-bacterial drops but those just make it worse and definitely don't cure. The best help I've had (hydro-c is...meh) is applying a very minty/fiery balm below my brow bones to distract me from the itch. Best way for me to get sleep from my itchy eyes. =/

Sorry so long, but if your issue is the same as mine, I know it's a frustrating problem to deal with!

I had that problem show up a few years ago- it was hell- I could not wear any makeup at all eventually for a whole year. I tried everything.

Then i began to notice a trend- many women over the age of 30 start to get the same problem and nothing their doctors tell them to do really help much.

So, I began to do lots of research. I came to the conclusion after much research and experimentation that Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is cumulative in the system and that is why the older women get, that is why the eye problems you have described increase so much.

So, we stopped using ALL Sodium Lauryl Sulfate products for shampoo, body wash, shower gel, toothpaste, dish liquid, soaps, shaving cream, eyeshadows (yes, some have it in them), face wash, etc.

AFter several years I have had almost no more eye problems. The only time I develop eye problems is in spring and my eye lids peel inside ( it is horrid). I could not figure this out, until the other day. I saw the farmer down the road spraying clouds of pesticides, herbicides, and insecticides and fertilizer on his fields and it was blowing up toward our house. I had thought it was dirt!

I was up all night with asthma and my eyes started to itch and inner lids peel.

So, it is a chemical reaction, not typical allergies.

Anyway, other than that, the only time I have eye problems is if it is a very wet year and lots of mold grows , and in the fall time with seasonal allergies. It is sporadic.

I did an article on it and put some of my research in it if you want to read more about it.

http://www.epinions.com/content_3850018948

For whatever it is worth, I have interviewed women all over the place (I am weird, I know) and everyone who followed my advice and stopped using anything with SLS in it, had relief for the first time in many years. I got tearful greetings, phone calls, and emails from people who got relief with their eyes.

In addition, my family no longer get really itchy skin all winter either. My husband's hands stopped cracking, and my daughter does not complain about burning skin when she takes a bath anymore either.

cheerleader.gif

Cruella

I only get irritation from Fluidlines if I use them on my waterline.

VazCris25

I use fluidline in my waterline almost daily and I've never had any irritation to it. Even when I fall asleep with it, I wake up with it almost completely intact and still no irritation.

adored

I don't use fluidline often on my waterline, but when I do it doesn't so much irritate, but it does feel thick which kind of bugs me. However I do use Frostlite daily as a base & I've never had any problems.

Colorqueen

BTW, when I Use fluidlines I use them as eyeshadows as much as liner- and they never bother me. Only if I wear them many days in a row, my eyes might get a little tender on the lids.

however, I rarely do that.

Also when I use them on waterline- I use the 231 brush and make sure to run the brush back and forth inside the lid to distribute the product in the brush evenly and break up the lumps. That works best.

Then I have to make sure to apply the FL really thinly- or my contacts get annoyed with me.
greengrin.gif

BlahWah

Colorqueen, that's really helpful, thank you! I'll have to look into that for sure, and read your article. As for using fluidline along the waterline, I've only done that once and have had it fade on me so I don't bother. Otherwise, it's only right into my lashes, and with a thick waterline, none of it gets into my eyes.

mizuki~

Fluidline on the Waterline and Eye Sensitivity

Last time I tried fluidline on my waterline (nothing else stays on my watery eyes @__@) and it burned like a mofo. I know it's not recommended for the waterline but I know a lot of people use it anyways. Any of you guys have burning sensations too?

aeroSOUL

Re: Fluidline for waterline

I used it once on my water line, because whenever i use a pencil it always travels down and i don't like to have to re apply it all the time... since my eyes are so sensitive AND i wear contacts 90% of the time, i use the HIP cream liner on my water line almost everyday. it dosen't burn or bother my contacts, and it stays forever!

static_universe

I have the same issues with the fluidline on my waterline. Flecks get into my eye and I'm sitting there all day trying to get them out, screwing up my makeup. I end up just using some cheap drugstore eyeliner pencil. Works well enough.

newagetomatoz

I've never had that problem. Though sometimes if I line to close to my inner corner, my eye "leaks' for lack of a better term. I can get within an 1/8 of an inch and be fine, but if I just go over...lol.

You might want to try engraved PowerPoint pencil. I used to use it before and never had any problems. It didn't last quite as long of my fluid line, but it was more convinient for touchups.

LuvinMyMAC

I don't know about Fluidline, but HIP creme eyeliner stays on ALL DAY! And it doesn't bother my contacts or my make up. Love the stuff!

s0xjuicy

I've never had a 'burning' feeling, but I wear contacts, and like someone mentioned earlier, little flecks get onto my contacts & irritates me so I have to be careful with fluidline on my waterline, so I don't use it there often.

xxsgtigressxx

i have never had a problem and i think i have sensitive-ish eyes. I wear it on the rims of my eyes ( i hate the term waterline, i know so weird but i cant get over it) and it never burns, and it stays allllllll dayyyy lonnnnng. And I put it on a lot of people and never have i heard a complaint. sigh.

x.DOLLYMiX.x

Ive never had a problem with fluidline in my waterline ! It always stays put all day

AdlersMommy22

Ive never had a problem either! The MA that inroduced me to fluidline (my HG MA in Mesa, AZ.. haha) told me that they weren't supposed to put fluidline on the waterline for makeovers and a lot of people get the confused with "not suppsoed to EVER put it on the waterline".. she said MA's tell people the wrong thing a LOT.. its totally safe to put on the waterline with a brush such as the 266 (which i use.. LOVE IT!)... but that corporatley since they do weddings and makeovers all the time with the same brushes, using it on the waterline can transfer pink eye and what not- even if you wash the brushes.... just fyi =)

ne ways.. lk I said Ive never had a problem.. I just make sure i get just al ittle on the brush then a little more and a little more til I have the right amount.. I do get an "annoying" feeling if I put toooo much on my waterline =)