For the NC45's

devin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Barbie
I just bought bobbi brown's bronzer in Deep. It's the BEST contouring powder in the world!
greengrin.gif

Ladies I'm looking for a coral coloured lipstick/lipglass that will suit my skin. Any recs?

try ramblin' rose or see sheer lipstick and lychee luxe lipglass.

dominichulinda

Quote:
I just bought bobbi brown's bronzer in Deep. It's the BEST contouring powder in the world!
greengrin.gif

Ladies I'm looking for a coral coloured lipstick/lipglass that will suit my skin. Any recs?

i have the same bronzer..WOW!!! its pigmented. def. need a light hand when using that bronzer....but it sure does the trick.

http://specktra.net/f165/favorite-ma...ipstick-74623/

onepinkdiamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalkitty
Hi! I'm an NC 44-45 usually the latter. I think one of the most important tricks I've learned for anyone with tan and darker skin with serious under eye circles is to always use a PINK undertone concealer to avoid ashiness and greyness. Even if you're already pink toned use a pink based concealer. For example if you're NC 45, go with a NW 40 or so concealer. NC 40? Go with NW 35 and so on... If anyone wants to see a comparison pic of using a pink based to yellow based concealer on the eyes, let me know and I'll update this =D.
Color cosmetic wise I own alot of different brands and products so just give me a category and I'll be happy to list my favs. I like bright and dark colors the most.

can you show the comparison?

sweetie

Hello Ladies,

What would you all recommend for an NC45 in the MSF natural. Would you use medium deep or dark?

Thanks

wifey806

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie
Hello Ladies,

What would you all recommend for an NC45 in the MSF natural. Would you use medium deep or dark?

Thanks

dark imo is too dark and orange. I can't remember if i used med dark, or med deep. But really, they're pretty forgiving if you accidently go too light. If it matters, i prefer their regular pressed powder :-X

sweetie

Thanks for the replies. I went to my counter and the MA thought the med. dark would be to light for me. It did look kinda light when i swatched it but it seemed to blend in pretty well (on my hand at least). So I think I'll get both the Med. dark and the dark and try both. Do you guys use this instead of your studiofix powder, along with it, or just on different occasions? Thanks!

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie
Thanks for the replies. I went to my counter and the MA thought the med. dark would be to light for me. It did look kinda light when i swatched it but it seemed to blend in pretty well (on my hand at least). So I think I'll get both the Med. dark and the dark and try both. Do you guys use this instead of your studiofix powder, along with it, or just on different occasions? Thanks!

I do a mixture sometimes too...because I am darker in the summer than in the winter

__nini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephy171
THANKS A BUNCHHHHH!! hehe i just got back from mac and i had tried it.... ended up buying it of courseeee i love love love itt

You're very welcome
smiles.gif

gabi03

So I don't have very many lipsticks and I need some help, if you could only pick 3 to live with what would they be? I'm open to any colors! Thanks in advance

MACandie2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03
So I don't have very many lipsticks and I need some help, if you could only pick 3 to live with what would they be? I'm open to any colors! Thanks in advance

i would go with cb 96 (which is a frosty orange color), viva glam v (which is a nude pink color), and crazee (which is a pinky orange)
yes.gif

__nini

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
What shade of concealer do you use to counteract this ashiness? Sometimes I will apply the NC45 over top lightly so that it's not so obvious. I use the select cover, but I'm thinking about trying the select moisturecover for under the eyes...but studio finish for blemishes is so the biz!

OMG How did I miss this?!! I'm soo sorry. I go for an opaque slightly drier texture using the Touch Up stick on blemishes and the Studio Finish with a blending brush - because those liquid ones are a no-go in this TX heat, they FADE or just "smear off" the face. The horror!) I then powder it up lightly with MSF Dark on the under eyes - makes that ash look a lil more natural & golden lol.
smiles.gif

MAHALO

I posted this info in the mineral makeup thread but decided to repost here for NC45's to see.

I'm in love with my EARTHEN GLOW Minerals foundation, blushes, Radiant Finishing powders and a few of the shadows. I've been wearing Sherri-Lynn foundation for about 10 days now. I love it. It's close to MAC NC45 (my Winter color). Two of the radiant finishing powders work well for me too: Dusk at Lagos and Acapulco Sunset. I reach for Boracay Island blush frequently. And I've been wearing eye shadows Death Vallet Sunset and Rainbow (for brow highlight) almost daily too.

I have several more blushes, finishing powders and eye shadows ... but the colors mentioned above are the colors that I am wearing regularly. All mentioned will probably work well for MAC NC45 women who like fairly light coverage with a nice healthy glow.

highonmac

hooray for me for stumbling across this thread! I am an Nc45 too but i think i might a shade or two lighter....hm..anyways I love peachy blushes. What do you recommend?

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by highonmac
hooray for me for stumbling across this thread! I am an Nc45 too but i think i might a shade or two lighter....hm..anyways I love peachy blushes. What do you recommend?

I really like Peaches and coppertone for natural flushing. The other blushes I like are from Nars (Taos and Gilda). My skintone does better with coral vs. peach (albeit subtle)

elektra513

I found a foundation stick that works really well finally--Bobbi Brown in Warm Almond. I use studio finish concealer in NC45/NC50/NW40 (I mix various combinations of two to cover whatever) and then set with LM translucent, and it's great. I'm casually thinking of trying Mac's stick foundation again (because of the spf), since last time it was way too peach, but my skin was retaining a lot of redness and inflammation (In my mind, I have rosacea
th_dunno.gif
) but that's finally not so bad anymore...

Oh, and I picked up Viva Glam V today--I am in love!!!
drools.gif

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolategoddes
any NC45s with pics for reference??????

I second this request.
thmbup.gif

I have actually never worn any of the NC45 liquid foundations before, so this would help. I am always colormatched completely wrong in store, so I only am guess-timating that I am NC45 (in SFF). Studio Fix C7 is really good though.

ThePerfectScore

Quote:
Thanks! So does anybody here use Bare Minerals?

So I used to use Bare Escuentals Bare Minerals. I went to their store and got matched as dark/deep set. I colors looked wonderful when I looked in the mirror in natural light. Then one day I put it on and a bunch of my friends too random pictures. In all the pictures I had this ashy streak on my forehead! My Forehead is a NC 50 well the center of my face is a NC 45. I think the flash of the camera highlighted the spot, but no one noticed and I didn't notice in normal light with the naked eye. And I am super paranoid about blending my powder foundations. The people at BE say that the natural oils in your skin help to blend the foundation, but I always prep my skin with a moistuizer first, so IDK what happened.
BE.jpg

Miss Redgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabi03

hot gossip
pretty please
angel

i love pinks

Latest posts