For those who are working... Do you get a bonus?

n_c

If so share.

I'd just like to know cause Im nosy...jk. Actually I've been working at my current job since August and I've just found out they dont give out bonuses, which is fine. We do have a x-mas party which consists of dinner, open bar and a raffle...fine, how fun. However, my boss just told me that because I am part of the management team, I need to come in early and host... WTF!!!

I now consider this thing another work day
angry.gif

SuSana

Heck no...when you work for the gov't you don't get anything. Wait I take that back, their idea of a "bonus" is letting you have 4 hours for free to take off on either Christmas Eve or New Years Eve, but that also depends on who already has that day off.

At least your Christmas party has open bar, I would be happy with that, ours was on a Thursday, in the middle of the day, for 2 hours, we had to work before, and go right back to work afterwards.

It could be worse though.

n_c

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
Heck no...when you work for the gov't you don't get anything. Wait I take that back, their idea of a "bonus" is letting you have 4 hours for free to take off on either Christmas Eve or New Years Eve, but that also depends on who already has that day off.

At least your Christmas party has open bar, I would be happy with that, ours was on a Thursday, in the middle of the day, for 2 hours, we had to work before, and go right back to work afterwards.

You've got to be kidding...a two hour x-mas celebration, then back to work
ssad.gif
dude that sucks.

Willa

I've been at this job for 1 year and a half
Last year, we had a diner outside, paid by one of the headquarter, but we kind of splited out 4 months ago, so I wasnt expecting any bonus (we had 125$ last year).

My new boss is with us since 3 months, so from him neither I wasnt expecting one, but today he announced us that we will get 500$ for our good work.

From april to august, we were left without any direction. We're a small team, 3 persons (plus the boss) and we had to direct ourselves during that time. Soooo thats why we are getting this bonus.

Just in time, because I really needed that money.

user79

Yep, I get a 13. month salary...it's pretty standard in many companies in Switzerland though.

MACATTAK

At the job I am at currently, no. At my previous job, yes. The amount depended on how well the company did that year.

CaraAmericana

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuSana
ours was on a Thursday, in the middle of the day, for 2 hours, we had to work before, and go right back to work afterwards.

Exactly what we got!!!

Holly

Yeah, I get 10% of my salary, and then all us supervisors (I work at Superstore, its kinda like Walmart) get a percentage based on the stores sales for the year.

Our parties are lame
ssad.gif
You have to pay to go to them, and it's mostly just for people who have kids.

meiming

nope...unless i give myself money i already have, lol! I'm self-employed...no one give money but me

alien21xx

I get a 13th month pay but it's given on contract renewal. Mine is every October, so by now, I've already spent most of it on frivolous pursuits.
greengrin.gif

We also have a dinner & dance party annually and there's an open bar, raffle, expensive hotel food, etc. An all-over evening affair though you can still come dressed casually. I've gone to 2 so far and won in the raffle for both! Last year, I got a 32" LCD Samsung TV. This year, I got an iPod Touch (because our company is cutting costs boohoo!) I guess I have a lucky touch in office raffles!
smiles.gif

*KT*

As a manager, I get quarterly bonuses that are figured out as a % of the company's profits that quarter.

Holiday bonus? We all leave work at noon (employees only!) and go to a country club for champagne and lunch. While there, we get handed an envelope with $50 cash in it. We get paid for working until the party ends, which is usually by 3pm. Usually when that's done a bunch of us head to a bar to spend the $50 cash we received at the party on having some real holiday cheer.
th_DANCE.gif

Divinity

After reading some of these posts I'm starting to appreciate the bonus I get. I work for a family owned spa and we don't have a Christmas party because we are so tired of being with each other by the end of the year from servicing all parties that celebrate at our spa.
Christmas.gif

imoutofit

Unfortunately, I'm not eligible to get a Christmas bonus because I got hired a month after the cut-off date to receive the bonus.

Boo, I've been told that the company I work for hands out nice bonus checks for both PT and FT employees.
ssad.gif

Corvs Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Yep, I get a 13. month salary...it's pretty standard in many companies in Switzerland though.

Yeah but all in all I'd say Europe has it's shit together more than America when it comes to employees. When you work in America you're treated like property and here in Europe you actually have more rights than your employer. America is in the stone age.

captodometer

Don't know yet, but not expecting one. I've only worked here for a few months, so will find out when the clinic closes for the holiday at the end of next week.

They already bought us dinner at a really posh restaurant. The clinic will be closed 5 consecutive days for Christmas. And I suspect that we may all end up with a ham, turkey, or nice bottle of booze.

I'm a veterinarian; I don't think cash bonuses are customary in my career field.

user79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corv's Queen
Yeah but all in all I'd say Europe has it's shit together more than America when it comes to employees. When you work in America you're treated like property and here in Europe you actually have more rights than your employer. America is in the stone age.

I truly do appreciate getting an extra month's salary, don't get me wrong. That's like a big chunk I can put into savings right there. Which is great, because I'm saving up to buy my very first car!! I think at the age of 27, it's about time.
th_LMAO.gif