Foundation Equivalencies

QueenOfSnark

Finally found my HG foundation, Nars Sheer Matte in Tahoe. I get hella oily in the summer so it's perfect, doesn't slide off, doesn't change color an hour later, and stays put FOREVER. I'm hoping the shade isn't too different (if at all) in the Sheer Glow formulation.

I have strong yellow undertones, and Tahoe was the first to completely match my skin rather than mask it. Others I've tried:

-NC45 (too orange)
-NC44-42 (too ashy)
-C6 (too ashy)
-C7 (too red)
-MUFE Mat Velvet #70 (too red/brown)
-Chanel Mat Lumiere #05 Soft Honey (too ashy)
-Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation #06 Golden (too orange)

Speckies2000

Hi Adrian!
I was matched with C7 MAC powder, which I think may be a little light. I was wondering have you tried the MAC prolong wear and also Fix fluid? if you have, did any color match your tone?

kimbunney

Sooo for the Studio Sculpt I ended up getting NC45 which is a tad light on my summer complextion but I mix it with an NARS laguna illum. and it works perfect. I was determined to make this foundation work for me. The only MAC foundation that matches me perfectly is Prolong wear in NC45.

I need another match for my MUFE HD the one I have 173 is too red on my skin. Cadiz by NARS goes on light but within 5 mins of application it matches my skin perfectly.

luvlydee

Finally found my HG foundation, Nars Sheer Matte in Tahoe. I get hella oily in the summer so it's perfect, doesn't slide off, doesn't change color an hour later, and stays put FOREVER. I'm hoping the shade isn't too different (if at all) in the Sheer Glow formulation.

I have strong yellow undertones, and Tahoe was the first to completely match my skin rather than mask it. Others I've tried:

-NC45 (too orange)
-NC44-42 (too ashy)
-C6 (too ashy)
-C7 (too red)
-MUFE Mat Velvet #70 (too red/brown)
-Chanel Mat Lumiere #05 Soft Honey (too ashy)
-Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Long Lasting Foundation #06 Golden (too orange)
by your description you sound exactly like me. nc45 is too orange yet they always pick that color for me, nc 44-42 is ashy, c6 is too ashy, & c7 is too red -_-
I havent tried Nars sheer matte in tahoe, but i have it in sheer glow. the color is ok but i find that it emphasizes my pores around my nose, cheeks. I have sheer matte in cadiz and even tho its a tad on the red side, the sheer matte doesnt emphasize my pores which i really like.

if its any help, i hear that the sheer glow is darker than than sheer matte.

jodhika1

I'm indian, and i have strong yellow undertones to my skin. I use Bobbi Brown foundation stick in Warm Honey (5.5) now. Golden (6) was too orange. Warm Honey oxidises, but one shade up Honey (5) is too pink. BB's foundation stick takes AMAZING pictures though. Her concealer in golden is too dark, the one in honey is too light.

MUFE HD 153 is too light but has yellow in it which i like, 170 is too red, 173 has yellow in it but too dark. Their HD concealer in 355 fits me if i don't wear foundation. If i do, then the concealer is basically the same shade, so no point. But when worn alone, it takes AMAZING pictures as well.

MAC SFF NC45 is too orange, NC42 is too light. sigh. foundation matching is a headache. Their SF powders in C6 match, but oxidise like crazy. SF powder in NC42 seems to be darker than the NC43 one, but matches,unfortunately, it too oxidises. I think i'd probably be an NC44 in their SFF.

I have NARS loose powder in mountain, and its too red. I should have gotten Beach, but it looked too light.

Revlon Colorstay in Toast(Oil/Combo) runs red, so thats out.

Still looking or the perfect foundation, concealer and setting powder.

I wana try NARS Sheerglow in Tahoe next, and the Youngblood HD hydrating mineral perfecting powder in warmth next. Both look incredibly yellow.

Esiella

Hi, New here and very desperate for some advice. I've gone through so many different shades of make up its beyond ridiculous! I wear Iman Clay 5 at the moment, its nearly my match but is more orangey than the original version which had yellow undertones. I need a foundation equivalent, medium to full coverage with yellow undertones, that lasts all day. NC50 Mac studio fix is too dark, bobbi brown warm almond too dark and as soon as I go one step lighter, its too light, no mid way and this frustrates me! One more thing, I really enjoy the feel and long wear of Estee Lauders Double Wear foundations (in glass bottle) Any recommendations in her range? I've tried Rich Ginger and it is too light and ashen on my face? What do you recommend that is long wearing/matte or dewy, medium to full coverage or full coverage for someone who is an.Iman Clay 5 and is somewhere inbetween NC50 and Nc 45 in Mac studio fix? I don't mind what brand but if there is an Estee Lauder double wear match I'll be jumping.through hoops! Please put an end to my misery, thanks. :(

MAChostage

Hi, and welcome,

I am NC44 and can wear EL Double Wear (regular formula, glass bottle) in Bronze. I've not seen a shade in Rich Ginger, could you have the name wrong? In Double Wear Light, which is my preferred formula, I wear Intensity 4.0. Have you tried Nars or Make Up Forever foundations?

Please put an end to my misery, thanks.
ssad.gif

K_ashanti

I wear NC 50 in SFF
nw 43 in SF
dark in MSFN
Studio moisturize tint dark deep
black opal beautiful bronze
colorstay a mix of caramel and magahony
iman earth 2

Shegotit

Hey Ladies...

I need your advice...
Im a Imani Clay 5 and I wanna try something new getting bored with it. I wanna try a liquid can you give me the line up for foundation& concealer.

Leaning towards Mac studio sculpt, Revlon Colorstay and or Make-up forever HD.

Any suggestions?

:)

BlaqueBarbie

Why is it so hard to find NW47 Equivalencies?

I just wanted to know what I would be in Revlon foundations!

NW 47
Mufe 180
Maybelline Liquid Cocoa Dark 3

jeanea

hi guys, am really glad i found this place. if i use mac studio fix fluid NW43 and mac studio fix pressed powder also in NW43, what shade of MUFE HD foundation will be perfect for me? i have yellow undertones, am african. but my face is yellower than the rest of my body. the studio fix fluid NW45 is the colour for the rest of my body. pls take all these into consideration. i will really appreciate some help.

jeanea

hi guys, am really glad i found this place. if i use mac studio fix fluid NW43 and mac studio fix pressed powder also in NW43, what shade of MUFE HD foundation will be perfect for me? i have yellow undertones. thanks.

letyglopez

HI, I was hoping that someone can help me out here. I use mac nc40 but i think its a bit yellow for me. I also use smashbox hd sp 15 in M1 and its seems to be a perfect match. I also interested in the following brand of foundation : Armani, Givenchy, Nars, Chanel, Lancome. Can someone please help me out and let me know what shades of the brands I mentioned best match mac nc40 and smashbox M1 that I mentioned.
flower.gif

devin

MAC
Fix fluid/powder-NC45/C7
Mineralize skinfinish-medium deep

Make Up For Ever:
Matte Velvet +-70
Face & Body-18
Duo Mat powder-214
HD-173

Armani
Luminous Silk-9.5

Becca
Stick foundation-Maple

Bobbi Brown
Stick foundation- Golden 6

Chanel
Mat lumiere-110 Cedar

Chantecaille
Future Skin-banana

Dior
Diorskin Nude-51 dark sand

Nars
Sheer Glow-Cadiz

Shu Uemura
Face Architect Smoothing Fluid foundation-524

Phew...that's a lot of foundations!!

kaiya1990

I use MAC Studiofix C4 and I can't seem to figure out what shade to choose for Revlon Photoready! Can someone please help? Especially since I am ordering online!

califabulous

MAC
Fix fluid/powder-NC45/C7
Mineralize skinfinish-medium deep

Make Up For Ever:
Matte Velvet +-70
Face & Body-18
Duo Mat powder-214
HD-173

Armani
Luminous Silk-9.5

Becca
Stick foundation-Maple

Bobbi Brown
Stick foundation- Golden 6

Chanel
Mat lumiere-110 Cedar

Chantecaille
Future Skin-banana

Dior
Diorskin Nude-51 dark sand

Nars
Sheer Glow-Cadiz

Shu Uemura
Face Architect Smoothing Fluid foundation-524

Phew...that's a lot of foundations!!

my gosh...are these mostly or all "perfect" matches for you? omg...i'm so jealous...i am in between every color in every brand! recently i was matched to c8 in mac studio fix+ powder and I am ecstatic that it matches. but somewhere deep down...i am still wondering if it's the right shade .....make up makes me wonky!
shrugs.gif

Latest posts