Foundation Equivalencies

BellaGemma

Quote:
Originally Posted by michieme
Hi I'm new this site and was wondering what some reccomendations would be for the NARS Sheer glow and MUFE Mat Velvet + foundations?
I am:
MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC35
MAC Studio Fix Powder C40
MAC Studio Tech NC35
MAC Studio Sculpt NC35
Thank
M

I basically wear the same colors as you, but I'm a tad darker (nc37). For NARS sheer glow, Barcelona would match you perfectly because it's just the tiniest bit too light for me. I wear it anyway with a darker powder. For Mat Velvet +, the #35 would be perfect for you. It is also a bit light for me since I go up to nc40 in the summer, but would probably match you spot on. I have a bunch of swatches on my blog if you want to check them out!

Hope that helps!

BellaGemma

Here are some foundation swatches from my blog. For reference, I am MAC nc37-40/(sometimes 42) skin, MAC F&B C4, MAC MSFN Medium Plus/Medium Dark, NARS Sheer glow Barcelona/Syracuse, MUFE Mat Velvet + 35 (too light), MUFE F&B #34, Bobbi Brown Warm Natural 4.5, RCMA Shinto II, Revlon Photoready 006 (too light)

1. NARS Sheer Glow Syracuse
2. Benefit Erase Paste in Shade #2
3. Laura Mercier Oil-Free Sand (silk creme or tinted moisturizer? not sure)
4. MUFE Mat Velvet + 55
5. MUFE Mat Velvet + 50
6/ Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick in 4.5 Warm Natural
7. MUFE HD 128
8. MUFE HD 127
9. MUFE HD 125

MUFE HD foundation swatches in shades 128, 127, 125. These colors would suit MAC nc35, nc37, nc 40, and maybe nc30/nc42 as well. For reference, I am nc37-40.

Also, an older post I did:
I went to MAC and Sephora today and swatched a lot of foundations! I wear nc37 but I think these swatches would help you if you are anywhere from nc35 to nc42 and are trying to choose a color:

I use MAT Velvet 35 and it's too light for me (nc37). However, if I put MAC MSFN in Medium Dark on top, it becomes a little too dark for me, so powder can really change the color:

Here are swatches against a white background which really shows the undertones. NARS is very yellow while MUFE is more neutral:

Here's one more pic after they dried out and oxidized a bit:

Hope this helps someone! I always have trouble matching. FYI The guy at the MAC store told me it's better to go lighter if you're not sure-oxidation, powder, and bronzer can always darken it.​

VISIT MY BLOG! : Make Me Under

aninhabr85

Hi Ladies!
I was trying to get so help to find out what would be my shade on Armani Silk Luminous Foundation.
I have a lot of yellow undertones.
I was thinking maybe 8 or 9?

I am a mix of NC43/NC44 on most MAC liquid/creams foundations
FB C6 runs a little dark -C5 too light.
Mineralize Skin Finish in Medium Dark
Studio Finish Concealer NW30 for undereyes - Perfect Match
MUFE Hi Def 155 winter and 160 summer are PERFECT matches

mariela73

Very oily skin/acne prone, very yellow undertones

Mac studio fix C6/C7 HG for years but last year started giving me cystic acne
Iman stick foundation Clay 2
Iman creme to powder Clay 2 more for winter
Iman luxury radiance liquid foundation Clay 2
Nars sheer glow Tahoe set with Mac mineralized skinfinish natural in dark (almost gave up on this one until I saw a review on makeupalley that prompted to try Tahoe, perfect cause husband complimented me on my skin NOT my makeup
th_DANCE.gif
)
Cadiz had too much red, Macao was supposed to be my true shade but was too dark and oxidized darker)
MUFE mat velvet + #70 love this
MUFE duo matt powder foundation, HG for summer
Revlon colorstay oily/combo Toast set with MSF natural dark
Revlon colorstay normal/Dry caramel great for winter
L'oreal true match C6 winter/C7 summer; suprisingly good for yellow undertones
Mary Kay liquid full coverage 507 too oily on me except in winter but beautiful match

I am an NC44 in Mac, 65 in MUFE mat velvtet + and i think 170 in MUFE hd, also i am Cedar in Chanel.

Does anyone have an equivalent for Dior foundations that is my similar skintone?

ellesea

I don't have many foundations that I use but:

I am approx NC35/37/40 depending on the season...basically 35 during dead of winter, 40 tan, and 37 will work pretty much anytime with a little powder/bronzer

Shiseido (all) - 040 Natural Fair Ochre (for NC35). Guessing 060 Natural Deep Ochre = NC40 but have not been able to find this shade instore

Cargo OneBase Foundation & Concealer - B25 (for NC35). B30 (for NC40).

BareMinerals - Golden Medium (for NC35)

bobbiedoll03

Hey ladies.

I am an NC50 in mac and I am having a heard time getting the correct color of foundation in NARS sheer matte and MUFe Mat velvet. The Sephora MUAs keep matching me wrong. CAn you ladies give suggestions for what might work...I will have to buy the NARs color online because they store does not go past cadiz and I really want to make sure it is right.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiedoll03
Hey ladies.

I am an NC50 in mac and I am having a heard time getting the correct color of foundation in NARS sheer matte and MUFe Mat velvet. The Sephora MUAs keep matching me wrong. CAn you ladies give suggestions for what might work...I will have to buy the NARs color online because they store does not go past cadiz and I really want to make sure it is right.

Well, what have you been matched to, and what about them were wrong? Too light, wrong undertones, etc? You might be Macao in the Nars. Do you have a dept store near you? Those that carry Nars have more of the line than Sephora.

Not familiar with the MUFE colors unfortunately.

bobbiedoll03

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Well, what have you been matched to, and what about them were wrong? Too light, wrong undertones, etc? You might be Macao in the Nars. Do you have a dept store near you? Those that carry Nars have more of the line than Sephora.

Not familiar with the MUFE colors unfortunately.

I was matched with NARS cadiz and it was entirely too light for my skin. No department stores near me have NARs...its only at the Sephora. I am going to have to purchase online which is why I wanted to get an idea of what women with similar skintones wear.

Amija

NARS Sheer Matte in Trinidad
MAC Tinted Moisturizer in Deep Dark

I've tried to use MAC foundations, but I'd be an NW44, and they don't make that color. :( I love my MAC TM though. I use it with or without my Nars and it gives my face a polished look. I would love to get MAC F&B but of course I'd be an N8 and they don't make that shade. I'm going to try MUFE, but I have to get to the mall and get matched. I've given up on using MAC foundations.

lenchen

Not familiar with the MUFE colors unfortunately. I was matched with NARS cadiz and it was entirely too light for my skin. No department stores near me have NARs...its only at the Sephora. I am going to have to purchase online which is why I wanted to get an idea of what women with similar skintones wear.
I am considered NC50 in MAC and I was matched with new guinea in sheer glow and sheer matte. I'm 177 in MUFE HD and 70 in MAT velvet+.

Twinkle_Twinkle

Are there any ladies in the NW45-NC50 range using, or who have used Estee Lauder's Double Wear or Double Wear Light? If so what is/was your shade and how did you like the formula(s)? Thanks!

DJ_Roxas

Haven't used much because but here are mine.

Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick: 6.5 Warm Almond
L'Oreal True Match: C8 (N8 was too light for me)
Revlon Colorstay and PhotoReady: 011 Cappuccino
Smashbox HD Foundation:Dark 1 or 2 (Wasn't exactly sure.)

So I don't know what I would be in MAC because I never got the chance to get colormatched for MAC Foundations. So can anyone help me or guess what number with a Foundation would be with this?

macgirl3121

I'm NC50 (for the most part in MAC) and was also matched to New Guinea in Sheer glow. However, I'm 175 in MUFE HD, 177 is too dark and 75 in MAT velvet, 70 was a tad too light.

kavitab

I used NC42 in MAC mineralized satinfinish. currently i am using smashbox halo hydrating perfecting powder in medium, i used the photo op under eye brightner, and photo finish color correcting foundation primer. my make up just does not stay on my face through out the day....5-6 hrs later, i look like a hot mess! tired and pale. what is out there that i can use to keep me looking better? a foundation that stays but doesnt clog my pores, and comes off easily when i wash my face.

i have tried bare minerals in tan - its okay for the first 5 minutes, then its too dark for my face
i have used clinique even better foundation in i think cream caramel

i want to try laura mercier - i have friends that praise it soo much - or go back to mac, but if there is something else, please let me know! thank you!

kimbunney

Does anyone have issues finding their shade in Studio Sculpt. I've tried four different shades and none of them match me. Maybe its not meant for me. NC 50 looks good when first put on...I like it because it gave me a tannish look but after about 30mins it darkens my face. My neck and face are too completely different colors. NW 45 was just way too red on my skin. NC 44 (I think) was so pale on me, it did not blend in well. Finally I tried NW 43 which seemed okay on my forehead and chin area but on my cheeks and nose came up red. I really like the foundation it just sucks I can't find my shade.

MzFashionista

Hey ladies!

With the demise of the Prescriptives brand I must say I am deeply missing my Virtual Matte foundation in Fresh Cocoa. I have searched high and low for a comparable foundation/colour consistency BUT nothing has really wowed me. MAC's NW45 leaves my skin looking orange-y and NARS sheer matte in Trinidad seems a bit off. Has anyone used Sheer Matte in Benares? Any recommendations on what I could use?

Thanks!!

Latest posts