Foundation Equivalencies

AdrianUT

My latest matches for C7's/Between NC45 and NC50s are MUFE Duo Mat powder foundation in 214 (dark beige) its a really good match for me, could be possible HG status . I also have been wearing MAC Face and Body in C6 on and off and its working (prob. b/c I'm more pale for winter but its so sheer I could prob. wear it all year long).
Also another good match for me this winter is Clinique Almost powder foundation in Deep Honey it's more neutral/beige than yellow toned. Looks gorgeous on the skin but don't ever get caught in a photo with this on it will totally wash you out. MAC Mineralize skinfinish in Med. Dark is a match as well but breaks me out. I used to wear it in Dark but this oxidizes a good amount and the breakouts made me give up on it.

Hannaleh I would maybe try the MAC Face and Body in C7 or N9. I tried C7 and it was too dark for me in the summer. Duo matte in 216 (Caramel) may work for you but its a little red based. HTH

ambodidi

MAC NC30-35, yellow and peach tones. Does anyone know what I could be in MUFE HD? I'm thinking 120, 125, or 127. I've never seen them IRL.

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianUT
My latest matches for C7's/Between NC45 and NC50s are MUFE Duo Mat powder foundation in 214 (dark beige) its a really good match for me, could be possible HG status . I also have been wearing MAC Face and Body in C6 on and off and its working (prob. b/c I'm more pale for winter but its so sheer I could prob. wear it all year long).
Also another good match for me this winter is Clinique Almost powder foundation in Deep Honey it's more neutral/beige than yellow toned. Looks gorgeous on the skin but don't ever get caught in a photo with this on it will totally wash you out. MAC Mineralize skinfinish in Med. Dark is a match as well but breaks me out. I used to wear it in Dark but this oxidizes a good amount and the breakouts made me give up on it.

Hannaleh I would maybe try the MAC Face and Body in C7 or N9. I tried C7 and it was too dark for me in the summer. Duo matte in 216 (Caramel) may work for you but its a little red based. HTH

Any updates on the Nars foundation? Do you still like the Macao shade?

Indigowaters

I wanna know that too. I'm an NC50 and picked up Trinidad today. The mua put it on in the store and it looked perfect (of course) but when I got home, it was too dark. I should've went to Neiman's to pick up Macao like I first thought but I don't like that snooty little mall. Oh well, I'll just have to take it back tomorrow and try again.
ssad.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektra513
Any updates on the Nars foundation? Do you still like the Macao shade?

jazm1n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambodidi
MAC NC30-35, yellow and peach tones. Does anyone know what I could be in MUFE HD? I'm thinking 120, 125, or 127. I've never seen them IRL.

I'm NC35, have yellow undertone and I was matched with MUFE HD in 120 by a MUA at Sephora. I think it was a good match.

AdrianUT

Macao is really good for me when I have more of a tan in the summer and Cadiz is an ok match but the wrong undertones for me. I also swatched New Orleans and it is darker than Macao so didnt work at all. So if you have tried New Guinea and Benares and they are too dark I would try New Orleans.

Also another note the Sheer Matte is slightly lighter than the sheer glow.

HTH

elektra513

I got a sample of Cadiz and Macao to try, and it seems like Macao is suitable, but I haven't worn it all over and to work, etc. I still have a few bottles of Px Virtual Skin left, so I'm taking my time to find alternatives. Damn, I am really going to miss Px *sniff sniff*

I will try Clinique next though--got samples of Superbalanced in #15 and 17 and 15 is too dark for right now, but I think would be fine in the summer. Will need to go back and get another sample of the next golden shade up from that (not sure which that is though). I appreciate that Clinique takes undertone into consideration...

Also, I am done with Bobbi Brown. None of her foundations match me. I got a sample of BB Skin in Golden and it is sooooo yellow. Too yellow. Sucks because Warm Almond is orange and way too dark. I know it's best to wear a yellow-toned foundation, but not a yellow-colored one.

I need a more neutral foundation. *sigh*

Indigowaters

Well I went to the Nars counter yesterday and apparently Syracuse is my match even though I'm an NC50, so I don't know. :-/

gujifijian

woot woot....I'm lovin' the Nars Fiji name. Never knew what u were talking about until I checked out the name...love it how it's getting the name Fiji on the map now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SARAHluvsMAC
Mac NC27/NC30
Lorac S3
Nars Fiji

Indigowaters

OK! So I'm not "Syracuse". Somehow the girl "matched" me in the store. But once again, walked out with it and actually put it on myself and it's too light. I think I'm going to order Macao or New Orleans and call it a day. Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
Well I went to the Nars counter yesterday and apparently Syracuse is my match even though I'm an NC50, so I don't know. :-/

elektra513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigowaters
I wanna know that too. I'm an NC50 and picked up Trinidad today. The mua put it on in the store and it looked perfect (of course) but when I got home, it was too dark. I should've went to Neiman's to pick up Macao like I first thought but I don't like that snooty little mall. Oh well, I'll just have to take it back tomorrow and try again.
ssad.gif

What are your undertones? There is a big shade jump from Macao to Trinidad
th_confused_new.gif
Looking at your avatar, I'd say to go with New Orleans...

Here's a pic from KarlaSugar.net
NARS-Sheer-Glow-Foundation-2-Medium.jpg

I finally tried my sample of Macao and it's perfect. I took pictures with it in all types of lighting just to make sure, lol. I am C7 in Mac. I'm not really NC45 in the other formulas like I assumed--the undertones don't match. And NW43 is what I look like when I break out into hives, lol (or burn in the sun).

Gonna give Macao a few days of testing to see before I drop that cash...I do love the finish, though.

elektra513

Adrian, I find it quite interesting that we both wear SF in C7 but in other brands we don't match at all lol. You like BB Golden, I hate it. I like MUFE HD #173, it's wrong for you. Even so close in skin tone and it's still mystifying. These cosmetics companies have a longgg way to go in terms of shade matching, hehe.

AdrianUT

It's probably just a matter of undertone. I'm more olive/ yellow golden rather than straight yellow/beige undertone. Like sometimes under the florescent lights at work I swear I look green. MAC C7 studio fix powder is my all time perfect match. I don't think makeup companies will ever get it together to match the intricacies of each person skin tone (doesn't hurt to hope though).

As a side note Revlon Photoready in Caramel (010) has landed! It's has a more yellow undertone than the Colorstay in Caramel and its more like in between Toast and Caramel. The formula reminds me of MAC's mineralized liquid foundation. If you're on the darker spectrum of colorstay caramel it might be too light.

DSCF1308.JPG

elektra513

^^agreed. Same here. In the morning when I wake up, I think I look like Data from Star Trek, lol. I just wish that Mac had more options for us C7 girls. Good thing I prefer powder foundations most days, lol.

I am golden olive too, but more [subtly] neutral than you, I think. Too much yellow especially and I can't do it (hence the no-go for BB foundation).

I tried the SF in NC45 and that was too beige. Eww. Ashy is never a good look.

Thanks for posting those pics.

Shal

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinalovesmac
Hi everyone!!! Does anyone know what color I would be in the new NARS Sheer glow foundation if I am a nc40/42? I am thinking I am Tahoe, but we don't have NARS nearby so I can't swatch it to be sure.

Unfortunately there is no equivalent under sheer glow. I went and got matched to Barcelona. In store it looked perfect. When i wore it the next day people at work commented that i was looking a lil "white" today
ssad.gif
SO i went back and argued with the NARS MA's about wasting my time and money on mismatching me - as NARS does not have the greatest customer service when you want to return something unlike MAC who are great. I eventaully got my way so she tried the next shade darker on me which was Syracuse. Again i 'thought' it was ok. But obviously she only tried it on part of my face, not all of it. I went home and did the rest of my face and viola i looked like i'd been tangoed.

I now have a full bottle of this stuff, unused and gathering dust on my table.

I am exactly in between NC40/42 depending on what MAC product i am wearing.

MUFE HD #153 is a spot on perfect colour on me
And Revlon Colourstay is Rich Tan

Shal

Quote:
Originally Posted by minni4bebe
Im NC40 and got nars sheer glow in Barcelona. At first, I thought it was perfect but now I think I need a shade darker although Syracuse was to orange. Any idea if tahoe would be better?

Im with you on this one. Read my post above. Unfortunately with Sheer glow there is no equivalent for us
ssad.gif
which is SUCH a shame as the foundation itself is bloomin great

AdrianUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by redruby02
where did you find photoready in caramel?

I found it at Wal*Mart. They had rich ginger, caramel, cappuccino and mocha available in the photoready for darker skin tones. I haven't been too CVS or Walgreens to see if they have all of the colors now.

HTH

nightflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by latinalovesmac
Hi everyone!!! Does anyone know what color I would be in the new NARS Sheer glow foundation if I am a nc40/42? I am thinking I am Tahoe, but we don't have NARS nearby so I can't swatch it to be sure.

I tried Stromboli again, and I think it is a good match for NC40.