Foundation Equivalencies

Bella Fox

Hi Ladies,

This post makes me laugh, and I only joined so I could get involved with this thread (even though I use spektra all the time)

Glad I'm not the only one having foundation matching problems.

MAC Studio Sculpt NC42 - matches perfectly to my neck, makes parts of my face a bit too ashy probably an ok winter colour
MAC Studio Sculpt NC44 - bit to dark, probably slightly peach might be ok for summer but doesn't match my neck giving me lines
MAC Studio Fix Fluid NW35 - hate it! Too pink horrible

Bobbi Brown Honey 5 - bit too pink, matches sometimes when I'm lighter
Bobbi Brown Golden 6 - too orange

Laura Mercier Tinted Moistiser Tan - Too pink even though its sheer you can still tell

I have countless others these are the only ones I can think of cos I've used them in the last 6mths.

Thinking if I mix MAC NC42 and NC44 i might get the right colour.
Althought I read on another forum a few girls mixed NC42 and NW35 to get their perfect colour

jaylilee

BareMinerals - Golden Medium (for NC35)
I thought I was the only one stuck in that weird NC 35/37/40 skin! I don't know I get quite to NC35 in the winter, but it's happened. Shiseido 060 Natural Deep Ochre is actually a beautiful match for NC40. I will warn that it has the tiiiiiniest bit of peach in it, but not enough to be noticeable on NC40 skin. On me it does not seem to oxidize either. I had luck finding it at the macy's counter.

Foundations:

Mac studio sculpt SPF 15 Foundation NC 40
Shiseido 060 Natural Deep Ochre (matches nc40)
Inglot's freedom system concealer in MW00 (matches NC40)

Although inglot's is not a foundation, it has the same consistency and staying power. a long goes a long way and it does not fade. does not break me out either and I have rosacea, which is the most intolerant type of skin. they honestly should just repackage it and sell it as foundation.

Thanks Bellagemma for posting those! will look into mufe as well.

AFin94

Hey everyone!

I really only joined so I can get in on this thread. I read it pretty frequently.

So far, I've only been using:

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Macao

Bare Minerals in Warm Tan

Both of these are a pretty perfect match for me.

I've never used MAC (I try not to use anything that isn't cruelty free). I am thinking about trying the MUFE HD & the Mat Velvet. Can someone give me some ideas?

dancer

Hi everuone
Glade to know there are so many like me out there. I 've bought dozens of make up over last 6 months and none fit perfectly. I used to wear neutrogena golden beige (then stopped wearing make up except for light/medium mineral powder) now all the sales girls are recommending True Match W6 (close but brown) One tried on Revlon Toast with natural tan powder in teh mall. When I went outside it was too dark... but they could pass... i'll look tanned and cn't use too much.
My sister gave me Chanel Honey ultime.. again, i can wear it but it gives a slightly tanned look ( i have oily but dehydrated skin and the make up just sinks in). I want to try clinique and estee lauder and another l'oreal

Any suggestions?
make up challenged,
dancer

kyd33

I'm a NC-42-43ish with yellow undertones.
Bobbi Brown Honey is a perfect match.
Nars Syracuse is great too but wish it was more yellow.
Boots NO7 tan foundation.
Those of you looking for best concealers should try Ellis Faas. S205 is great match but its pink based which is annoying. S206 is just a bit too dark but perfect yellow undertone. Most people i've met who are a similar skin shade to me have a yellow undertone its bewildering to me that Nars and Ellis Faas seem to have a peach undertone in this. They seem to use an "every other" system for undertones when going deeper in skin color. Shade below and up will be yellow based. Frustrating.

califabulous

Hey everyone!

I really only joined so I can get in on this thread. I read it pretty frequently.

So far, I've only been using:

Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Macao

Bare Minerals in Warm Tan

Both of these are a pretty perfect match for me.

I've never used MAC (I try not to use anything that isn't cruelty free). I am thinking about trying the MUFE HD & the Mat Velvet. Can someone give me some ideas?
mat velvet 70 or *75
HD 173 *175 or 177

*=most likely match

sarie69

Not sure if this was posted already, but here goes:

MAC Studio Fix Fluid - NC45
MUFE HD - #173
Nars Sheer Glow - Cadiz (Medium/Dark #3)
L'oreal True Match - N6.5
Revlon Photoready - 010

I hope this helps as much as I've been helped by this thread!

kimbunney

Is this the Loreal True Match Powder? I been wanting to know my shade in the powder...if anyone knows that shade to match NC45/MUFE 173 let me know. Let me add that I have strong yellow undertones.

MUFE HD - #173
Revlon Photoready - 010

sarie69

MUFE HD - #173
Revlon Photoready - 010

I was hoping to find an equivalent to Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation. I've heard great things and would love to try!

Fiberluver

I was hoping to find an equivalent to Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation. I've heard great things and would love to try!
It's an awesome foundation. One of the best I've ever used.

It doesn't oxidize or turn on you at all.

What you get at 8 am when you put it on is what you'll have a 8 pm or 10 pm when you take it off.

I've never worn it more than 12 hours though eventhough it is supposed to last for 24.

shayfie

Mac: NC30
ID Bare Minerals: Golden Medium
Smashbox Studio Skin: 2.2, Light golden beige
Jane Iredale: Warm Sienna is the closest
Make up for ever HD: 127 Dark Sand
Cover FX cream 30SPF: M50
Ben nye HD cream: Brulee
Dermablend cover cream: Golden Beige

Hello Fellow Makeup Addicts
th_hello2.gif
I haven't worn MAC foundation in forever, but I recently purchased Face & Body in N7 and it is a perfect match. Other shades that work for me are Loreal True Match Lumi in C6, Smashbox Studio Skin in 4.1, and Smashbox HD in D1. What shade do you think matches me in the NC/NW shades for MAC?

Thanks in advance!

dmimima

Hey, ladies! Wow this is a really useful/helpful thread...

I wear Nars Sheer Glow in Cadiz
MUF in 170
Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Tan

Do you guys have any suggestions on what I could possibly be matched too in Estee Lauder Double Wear and Chanel Perfection Lumiere?

PrettyGirlDoc

Hi Ladies This is my first time posting. I have been lurking since the beginning of this thread. I knew if I ever worked up the nerve, one of my first posts would have to be here. MUFE mat velvet 75 Bobbi brown stick foundation 7.0 MUFE HD foundation 175 MUFE Face and Body 44 Graftobian HD creme foundation Ginger

GORGEdotORG

MAC
Fix fluid/powder-NC45/C7
Mineralize skinfinish-medium deep

Make Up For Ever:
Matte Velvet +-70
Face & Body-18
Duo Mat powder-214
HD-173

Armani
Luminous Silk-9.5

Becca
Stick foundation-Maple

Bobbi Brown
Stick foundation- Golden 6

Chanel
Mat lumiere-110 Cedar

Chantecaille
Future Skin-banana

Dior
Diorskin Nude-51 dark sand

Nars
Sheer Glow-Cadiz

Shu Uemura
Face Architect Smoothing Fluid foundation-524

Phew...that's a lot of foundations!!
Thank you soooo much! We have so many of the same foundations and colors. Now I don't have to go to Chanel to get matched, I'm about to order online :)

MzBrownBeauty

Benefit Hello Flawless in Nutmeg (this foundation has more of a yellow base)
MAC Prolong Wear in NW 45
MAC Studio Fix powder NW 45
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Deep
Smashbox HD Foundation in Dark 2
Laura Mercier TM in Mocha
Covergirl Natureluxe in Brazilnut 370
Smashbox TM in Dark
Maybelliene BB Cream in Deep
Lancome Color Ideal in IV-20 (discontinued)

Latest posts