Foundation Equivalencies

Hina Huynh

For any who are curious.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid/ProLong Wear in NC42
Nars Sheer Matte in Syracuse
Christian Dior Forever Extreme Wear in Sand no. 31 (although slightly ashy)
MUFE HD #153
MUFE Mat Velvet+ #65
Estee Lauder Double Wear in Shell Beige
Tarte Amazonian Clay in Tan
Cover FX in m80
Sephora Mattifying Powder Foundation in D33 Walnut
Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combonation skin in 360 Golden Caramel
Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse in 2.5 Natural Beige
Maybelline Superstay in Natural Tan
Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation in Natural Beige
Maybelline FitMe! Foundation in 310

auriannjag42

I have tried:

MAC NW45 in pro longwear foundation
MAC NC50 in studio fix fluid
MAC NW45 in studio fix powder
MAC mineralized skinfinish in deep dark
NARS sheer glow foundation in new guinea
Maybelline BB cream in dark
Sleek bb cream in medium
MUFE HD foundation in #177
Revlon colorstay foundation in caramel

Jeansfanatic

I was hoping to find an equivalent to Lancome's Teint Idole Ultra 24H Foundation. I've heard great things and would love to try!
I am a NC45 in MAC and Carmel in Revlon Colorstay (absolutely love this foundation by the way) and I would love to know this too!!! I am sooo wanting to try this!!! Would anyone happen to know this?

Ooops... I failed to mention that I was once a lurker until today! LOL!

:)

lovecandy

Hi guys I was wondering if anyone knew the equivalent of Laura mercier tinted oil free moisturizer SPF 20 - sand, in bare minerals original xx

drammy04

I've been wearing MAC studio fix in C8 and MUFE Mat Velvet +70, and MUFE HD 177 but I've come to realization their a little too dark. C8 and 177 look like dirt smudges before i blend, also when I mix the two MUFE foundations the Mat Velvet is much lighter than 177. So I went to Sephora today and tried 173 and I love it. +70 is fine on me and 173 looks just like it. We have to remember that these are ranges and I'm guessing once you get between two colors, you go with the more dominant tone in your face?

califabulous

I've been wearing MAC studio fix in C8 and MUFE Mat Velvet +70, and MUFE HD 177 but I've come to realization their a little too dark. C8 and 177 look like dirt smudges before i blend, also when I mix the two MUFE foundations the Mat Velvet is much lighter than 177. So I went to Sephora today and tried 173 and I love it. +70 is fine on me and 173 looks just like it. We have to remember that these are ranges and I'm guessing once you get between two colors, you go with the more dominant tone in your face?
I tend to try to match my chest if it will be exposed. so I'll go with my match on the lighter side of the range as my neck is distinctly lighter than my face. I spent all last summer in the sun with my neck and chest exposed trying to tan!!! Otherwise, i normally wear a darker color to even out my face. I have to be really careful because I am oily and that can make my foundation oxidize. This is why I don't wear mac c8. it is a good match for me but looks like mud within an hour and a half.

For lancome I wear 460 Suede W. I noticed many nc45's wear the 450 Suede N...this is in the 24 hour formula

drammy04

OMG, I came home and with half my face in 173 and 177. By this time they looked damn near identical on me with 173 a smidgen lighter. I wiped it all off and applied it again. It looks so much better and matches perfectly, I love it!

MacNcheese

MAC SFF- NW43
Revlon Colorstay Oily Combo - Caramel (summer only)
Koh Gen Do Maifanshi Moisture Foundation 301 ----This is THE BEST foundation I have ever worn hands down.

msjaim

For any who are curious.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid/ProLong Wear in NC42
Nars Sheer Matte in Syracuse
Christian Dior Forever Extreme Wear in Sand no. 31 (although slightly ashy)
MUFE HD #153
MUFE Mat Velvet+ #65
Estee Lauder Double Wear in Shell Beige
Tarte Amazonian Clay in Tan
Cover FX in m80
Sephora Mattifying Powder Foundation in D33 Walnut
Revlon Colorstay Oily/Combonation skin in 360 Golden Caramel
Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse in 2.5 Natural Beige
Maybelline Superstay in Natural Tan
Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid Foundation in Natural Beige
Maybelline FitMe! Foundation in 310
katvon d tattoo foundation in medium 62
bobbi brown skin foundation in warm honey
Lancome bisque 9w( my favorite!!!)

.. strange , the drug store brands dont seem to ever match. ill have to try those lised aove.

Nadira Naima

Revlon Colorstay (Oily/Combination) - Toast a bit dark on my skin.

Revlon New Complexion One Step Compact Makeup - Medium Beige. Too pink. Makes my skin look ashy. Picked up Toast but the salesperson told me Medium Beige is a better match. Shouldn't have listened to her because obviously it was not my colour at all. I have golden/yellow undertones. I don't really like the finish. It slips.

MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation - NC42 not sure if it's the right colour. My dad told me it makes my skin looks darker. I was matched with NC40 but I thought it was too light. Love the texture.

Still searching for my HG foundation.

TXBeautyBaby

MUFE Face and Body in 46

Benefit Oxygen Hello Flawless in Gotta Know Me Nutmeg

MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NW45

MAC Matchmaster in 8.5

MAC Face and Body in N9

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Deep Dark

Bobbi Brown TM in Rich Tint

Laura Mercier TM in Mocha

Covergirl Natureluxe in Brazilnut 370

Maybelliene BB Cream in Deep

Antiqued

• MAC Studio Fix powder NC43 or C6
  • MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC43 or 44
  • Lancome Teint Idole 24H 450N
  • Iman Luxury Radiance Liquid Clay 1 (a tad dark)
  • Estee Lauder Double Wear Bronze
  • Revlon Colorstay Combo/Oily Toast

nikky2206

Liquid Foundation:

MAC Prolongwear - NW45
Mac Face & Body - N9 (a little dark but I like the red undertone)
DiorSkin Nude - 63 Amber
Giorgio Armani - 10 Gingerbread

Makeup Forever - 177
NARS Sheer Glow - Trinidad
Sue Devitt - Kimberly Plateau
Bobbi Brown - Almond
Becca - Sienna
Lorac - NP9
Clinique Even Better - Sienna
Laura Mercier Oil-Free - Rich Sienna
Laura Mercier TM - Walnut
Lancome Teint Idol Ultra 24H - 510 Suede C

Creme Foundation:

Black Opal Stick - Hazelnut

Powder:
MAC Mineralized Skinfinish: Dark
Mac Blot Pressed Powder: Deep Dark
Sue Devitt: Kimberly Plateau
Ben Nye: Chestnut

Shahana Khaliq

Hey lovely ladies! I've found this thread SO helpful I thought I'd join.

I want to find out which NARS shade would be right for me, as I'm not having any luck with MAC. I just tried Sheer Glow in Syracuse, but I found the shade too brown for me. Then I read that it has brown undertones, so maybe Tahoe or Cadiz would suit better, but unfortunately they don't stock those colours here in New Zealand, where I live. Also, I definitely want to get Sheer Matte, as I am quite oily and want the matte

I have an Indian skin tone, but don't know if the caramel undertone or the caramel/red undertone would work better. This is what I've tried, and what has failed for me before:

MAC Studio Fix Fluid NC45/NC44 (too orange, same with the powder)
MAC Studio Fix Powder NC43 (too ashy)
Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Golden (too orange)
Bobbi Brown Natural Finish Warm Honey (too ashy)
Clinique Superbalanced Wheat (too brown but also nowhere near enough coverage and I just couldn't get it to build up! Also, I've found it so bad for oily skin, even though it's meant to suit)
NARS Sheer Glow Syracuse (too brown)

Would really appreciate your help! I want to get it right as I'll have to order it online and won't be able to swatch.
Hi Everyone! What a brilliant forum - I really hope to find the answer to my problem here.

After googling my MAC shade for dupes a a long while ago, i came across LOADS of forums talking about how MAC artists give loads of ethnic skin toned women NC45 - when actually they are not all this shade. I may be a victim of this!

I have been wearing MACs NC45 Pro Longwear for a number of years now. All of a sudden I am questioning it and I think it's actually too orange for me, how I never realised this before is beyond me. The lady at the store agreed, and gave me a sample of NC44.5 in Studio Fix Fluid. It's only 0.5 difference but its a massive difference between the two foundation types. she also tried NC45 Pro Longwear concealer on me.

I dunno! I feel like this makes me look a bit ashy. I went through a lot of the counters at my local department stores today and I honestly couldn't find a good match. They kept making me look unwell! :(

The Nars lady tried Sheer Matte Syracuse and said I look fresh. She tried Tahoe and told me it didn't look right.

Estee Lauder lady tried Double Wear Cashew and Honey Bronze.

Both brands I liked when they tried it, but immediately hated as soon as I looked in a different mirror and in day light. Again, made me look weird and ashy.

I've also got Laura Mercier tinted moisturiser in Tan to try too, for the summer.

Lancome was a total no no for me.

I have yet to try Chanel Mat Lumiere, Bobbi Brown, Clinique Superbalanced and Armani.

My indian skin tone seems to be so difficult. I have both types of pigmentation, I am a yellow undertone. My skin is combination. And I need a matte foundation with medium - full coverage.

Does anyone have any light they can shed on my problem? I'm so sorry message is so long, and i know its probably too difficult to answer my problem without seeing me face to face to try yourself! But any help would be greatly appreciated.

shy_makeup_girl

MUFE HD: 170
MUFE Mat Velvet +: 55

MAC studio fix fluid: NW35

Smashbox BB cream in medium

Shiseido Sun Protection Liquid Foundation: 70 (a tad too light in the summer, I just add a bit of bronzer and I am good to go)

Nars sheer glow in Syracuse

HTH!

GabbyLovesMe

Hi, I'm an nc 44 in mac studip fix fluid, and medium deep in msf. What shade should I get in the studio sculpt foundation?

Terrabootwos

Sorry no pic but I use Lancome Tiente Idol in 450 N and I can also use Smashbox High Definition Healthy FX Medium M4- I have been in love with my Lancome for a few years and Smashbox is kinda stealing the spotlight- like fa real, fa real!!-
I am in love with the matte finish- I use Victoria Secret illuminator to highlight and add dewy-ness!

Shahana Khaliq

Okay girls, here goes with my list. Been hunting for the last month. In order of preference - these are the shades each company has to offer me,

Estee Lauder DW - Toasty Toffee (PERFECT)
NARS Sheer Matte - Tahoe (Love this also, but after finding DW, it's not the best)
NARS Tinted Moisturiser - Anna Purina (too dark but will be fine for when I tan in the Summer!)
SmashBox - 3.3 (Looks alright)
Bourjois Healthy Mix - 58 (darkest shade, feels and smells lovely but slightly too dark. I like it though, I will continue using it for everyday use)
MAC - NC44.5/NC45 (too orange)
Chanel - 64 Ambre (too orange)
Shu Uemura - Medium Sand (too orange)
Bobbi Brown - Golden (too orange)
Revlon Photo Ready - Caramel (too orange and has weird sparkly pigment in it)
Giorgio Armani - Long Stay 9 (too orange and too runny)
Illamasqua Skin Base - 14 (I am unsure about this, I haven't tried it long enough but I think it's ashy on me)

Laura Mercier has nothing to offer me. Nor does L'Oreal, Max Factor, Lancome, No7, Clinique. Have tried so many!

So, in conclusion - Estee Lauder and NARS - I salute you!!!

Hope this is helpful to peeps.

xx

Latest posts