Foundation Equivalencies

Copperhead

Hiya.

I am in the UK and have very orangey skin.

When i first started out i opted for MAC but several years on MAC just isn't working for me. I really want to try Lancome, YSL or Estee Lauder??

Any suggestions what shade I would be?

I am a:

Mac - Studio Sculpt NC45
Chanel- Perfection Lumiere Beige Ambre #64
Bobbi Brown-Long wear even finish Golden

Chanz
Welcome!

Try this.... http://findation.com/

ETA: Here are the recommendations for your shades based on you wearing MAC Studio Sculpt in NC45....

http://findation.com/searches/209152

Divad2013

Okay so now I'm thinking of trying yet another foundation....... Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Foundation.
If you do let me know how you like it. What shade are you in MAC... I am a NC50 I am just learning how to use foundation so I am always looking for a cheaper but as good option.

chanz000

Hiya,

I seem to be having the same problems as you,when it comes to make up being too orange (especially in the daylight).

Out of the foundations you have tried, which one gave a full but non orange coverage?

Chanz

Copperhead

If you do let me know how you like it. What shade are you in MAC... I am a NC50 I am just learning how to use foundation so I am always looking for a cheaper but as good option.
I usually wear NC50 as well. Whenever I get it I'll try to give a little review.

MissTT

Hiya,

I seem to be having the same problems as you,when it comes to make up being too orange (especially in the daylight).

Out of the foundations you have tried, which one gave a full but non orange coverage?

Chanz
Based on your profile pic I would say you're not NC45. Try NC44 if you can. It will be much less orange.

Copperhead I want to get the Colorstay Whipped, too. I picked it up for my daughter and had to totally guess at the shade. She said I did well. I don't trust her much with shade selection though b/c she kinda just uses whatever she has regardless if it's off. She's broke and too embarrassed to take foundations back to drugstores to find the perfect one. I took her to the Clinique counter for a proper color matching in Feb. Poor thing is already too dark for that foundation and they went a shade darker on her in anticipation of Summer.
ohboy.gif
I wish we could swatch/sample drugstore foundations.

Copperhead

Based on your profile pic I would say you're not NC45. Try NC44 if you can. It will be much less orange.

Copperhead I want to get the Colorstay Whipped, too. I picked it up for my daughter and had to totally guess at the shade. She said I did well. I don't trust her much with shade selection though b/c she kinda just uses whatever she has regardless if it's off. She's broke and too embarrassed to take foundations back to drugstores to find the perfect one. I took her to the Clinique counter for a proper color matching in Feb. Poor thing is already too dark for that foundation and they went a shade darker on her in anticipation of Summer.
ohboy.gif
I wish we could swatch/sample drugstore foundations.
Does your daughter like the Colorstay Whipped MissTT? Aww she's too embarrassed to take the foundation back? LOL! Tell her don't be embarrassed. People do it everyday. If not, I'm sure her mom'll bring it back for her right?
yes.gif

I think you might be right about Chanz. She looks to be a bit lighter than NC45. I'm not really familiar with Studio Sculpt but in Studio Fix Fluid if she's orangey she may even be able to wear an NW shade.

MissTT

Yes chanz000 confused me a bit b/c in the first post she said she was orange and in the next she said the foundation was orange. I'm sure she'll clear it up.

Funny thing is I've never returned a drugstore makeup product so I dunno if I would. However I would have no qualms about returning dept store makeup. That's b/c the SAs make it clear that it's no problem if you do. That's how I started buying them. I didn't know you could return stuff to Walmart et al. LOL I told her she could make the returns, but I think she wouldn't know how to choose the right color in the exchange. I think she's overwhelmed by the trial and error of it. That's why I took her to Clinique. If we find out what works then we could just try to get it at the CCO. She says that's still too expensive which is probably true for a college student. Because of this she's not really that interested in getting addicted to dept store foundation. I bought her foundation her freshman year b/c we were on the Bare Minerals auto ship thing. I canceled it a year ago though so she's been trying to find her way in drugstore land. Unfortunately last year she was living in BFE and had to leave town to even get foundation. Seriously - they didn't really sell makeup in the town were she was. She could get maybe an eyeliner or something basic like that, but that's it. She's moving to Columbia, SC so she'll have a MAC counter at Belk. All she really needs is foundation and mascara for replenishments. She's set for blush, lipsticks, liners, bronzers, brushes, etc. I'm always picking up stuff for her.

Anyway, yes my daughter likes the colorstay whipped. i think her skin looks really nice with it. She has oily, acne-prone skin that's around NW30 now. She tans really easily, but her face is weird b/c it's very difficult to tan. Her face is mostly around NW25/20, but her body can get around NW43. Pale face is common in my family. The problem is she's sometimes heavy w/ the bronzer b/c she hates her pale face so, yeah, it's not a good look IMO. If she stays out of the sun for a week or so I bet her face will go back to NW25. It fades fast! Anyway, this makes it hard for her to match foundation b/c her color changes so often.

Copperhead

Yes chanz000 confused me a bit b/c in the first post she said she was orange and in the next she said the foundation was orange. I'm sure she'll clear it up.

Funny thing is I've never returned a drugstore makeup product so I dunno if I would. However I would have no qualms about returning dept store makeup. That's b/c the SAs make it clear that it's no problem if you do. That's how I started buying them. I didn't know you could return stuff to Walmart et al. LOL I told her she could make the returns, but I think she wouldn't know how to choose the right color in the exchange. I think she's overwhelmed by the trial and error of it. That's why I took her to Clinique. If we find out what works then we could just try to get it at the CCO. She says that's still too expensive which is probably true for a college student. Because of this she's not really that interested in getting addicted to dept store foundation. I bought her foundation her freshman year b/c we were on the Bare Minerals auto ship thing. I canceled it a year ago though so she's been trying to find her way in drugstore land. Unfortunately last year she was living in BFE and had to leave town to even get foundation. Seriously - they didn't really sell makeup in the town were she was. She could get maybe an eyeliner or something basic like that, but that's it. She's moving to Columbia, SC so she'll have a MAC counter at Belk. All she really needs is foundation and mascara for replenishments. She's set for blush, lipsticks, liners, bronzers, brushes, etc. I'm always picking up stuff for her.

Anyway, yes my daughter likes the colorstay whipped. i think her skin looks really nice with it. She has oily, acne-prone skin that's around NW30 now. She tans really easily, but her face is weird b/c it's very difficult to tan. Her face is mostly around NW25/20, but her body can get around NW43. Pale face is common in my family. The problem is she's sometimes heavy w/ the bronzer b/c she hates her pale face so, yeah, it's not a good look IMO. If she stays out of the sun for a week or so I bet her face will go back to NW25. It fades fast! Anyway, this makes it hard for her to match foundation b/c her color changes so often.
Oh okay. She probably goes heavy on the bronzer so it can match her neck/chest then. It's like she needs a few different shades so her foundation can match her face each week. LOL. That is something else.

Come to think of it, I don't know if I've ever returned a cosmetic to a drugstore/Walmart either. That's probably because it's very seldom that I buy something that I DON'T like. However, I have returned things to Sephora. Not very often though. I'm going to get that Colorstay Whipped. It just looks like something I'll like. Can't wait to try it.

MissTT

I went to get the Colorstay Whipped tonight and was struggling with the colors. That's why I hate drugstore. LOL I was trying to research on the phone, but it was a pain in the arse. We just ate dinner and came home. Now I remember after researching on my laptop I need Caramel so I'm gonna pick it up this weekend when I pick up my Nook from Target. Edit: Ugh! My research is now showing I may need a difficult to find shade called Toast.

I'll return something to Sephora in a minute! And yes my daughter needs multiple foundation shades, but more like 3+ not the usual 1-2 most people can work with. Her skin really fluctuates and it happens really quickly. Like she got the Clinique and the MUA went a shade darker b/c it was about to be Spring. 4 weeks later the color was a little too light for my daughter. Meaning she changed two shades in one month. She wasn't even that tan. Now she's actually laid out some this summer so I don't know what color she needs today. Her forehead is all dark, but the center of her face is still kinda pasty.

Copperhead

I went to get the Colorstay Whipped tonight and was struggling with the colors. That's why I hate drugstore. LOL I was trying to research on the phone, but it was a pain in the arse. We just ate dinner and came home. Now I remember after researching on my laptop I need Caramel so I'm gonna pick it up this weekend when I pick up my Nook from Target. Edit: Ugh! My research is now showing I may need a difficult to find shade called Toast.

I'll return something to Sephora in a minute! And yes my daughter needs multiple foundation shades, but more like 3+ not the usual 1-2 most people can work with. Her skin really fluctuates and it happens really quickly. Like she got the Clinique and the MUA went a shade darker b/c it was about to be Spring. 4 weeks later the color was a little too light for my daughter. Meaning she changed two shades in one month. She wasn't even that tan. Now she's actually laid out some this summer so I don't know what color she needs today. Her forehead is all dark, but the center of her face is still kinda pasty.
LOL MissTT. That is too much.

If Caramel isn't your shade then I hope you don't have much trouble finding Toast. Caramel would likely be my shade. I'm guessing it'll be the cheapest at Walmart. I see Drugstore.com has it for $11 and some change. Some reviews I've watched on YT were saying it was in the $13-14 range.

MissTT

Apparently Toast is only available online at Amazon. It used to be online at Target, too, but never even sold on Revlon's own site. It's gonna cost me about $18 to try it.
thmbdn.gif

Lipstickjunkii

I have Revlon Colorstay whipped but haven't actually used it. I think I will start to do that this summer as I'm finding that the liquid colorstay is too heavy for me this summer (it's perfect in the winter). I read somewhere that the whipped is great for the summer season. I'm supposedly a MAC NC45 but find it a bit too orange/dark for me. For the colorstay liquid, I mix Caramel and Rich Ginger to get a shade that I can work with, so I might need to cop a Colorstay whipped in Rich Ginger to mix with my whipped caramel. If you guys have an Ulta near you, the usually have BOGO in Revlon and if you apply the $3.50 off $10 coupon, it's not a bad deal. You can also purchase from Ulta online with the coupon.

Copperhead

Ok ya'll, I just put this on 15 minutes ago but upon initial application, all I feel right now is
heart.gif
. But like I said, it's only been 15 minutes. This is sort of an "application review". I cleaned my face, moisturized it and then spritzed on a little MAC Fix+. Waited a few minutes and then I applied the Colorstay Whipped with my fingers. Then I grabbed my damp Beauty Blender and bounced it all over my face. Let it sit for a few minutes and then I applied a little bit more Colorstay Whipped mainly on my dark post acne spots, bounced the BB all over the face again. Then I lightly dusted a little of Ben Nye's Coco Tan Powder all over my face. I didn't even use concealer today except under my eyes. I usually put concealer on my dark spots but didn't really feel the need to do that today. I really liked the way the foundation felt going onto my skin. When I come back tonight, I'll give a review on how it wore on this first full day.

Also let me say I found this at Wal-Mart. It was $10.97. I've been looking at reviews on youtube and most say they are finding it anywhere from $13-15.

MissTT I was looking to see if they had Toast but unfortunately they didn't.

sagehen

Ok ya'll, I just put this on 15 minutes ago but upon initial application, all I feel right now is
heart.gif
. But like I said, it's only been 15 minutes. This is sort of an "application review". I cleaned my face, moisturized it and then spritzed on a little MAC Fix+. Waited a few minutes and then I applied the Colorstay Whipped with my fingers. Then I grabbed my damp Beauty Blender and bounced it all over my face. Let it sit for a few minutes and then I applied a little bit more Colorstay Whipped mainly on my dark post acne spots, bounced the BB all over the face again. Then I lightly dusted a little of Ben Nye's Coco Tan Powder all over my face. I didn't even use concealer today except under my eyes. I usually put concealer on my dark spots but didn't really feel the need to do that today. I really liked the way the foundation felt going onto my skin. When I come back tonight, I'll give a review on how it wore on this first full day.

Also let me say I found this at Wal-Mart. It was $10.97. I've been looking at reviews on youtube and most say they are finding it anywhere from $13-15.

MissTT I was looking to see if they had Toast but unfortunately they didn't.
Good, we are waiting for this!

BTW, did you say you are truffle in the EL Double Wear line? I am wanting to try it.

Latest posts