Foundation Equivalencies

Copperhead

Okay, I've had this foundation on since 11am CST and it is now 9:15pm and I don't really wanna take it off but it's getting late so I guess I have to. LOL! I didn't do too much running today except to go grab some food to bring back home but this foundation still looks really good after 10 hours. I only had to blot my t-zone once and that was around 4pm. I just took out my MAC Blot Powder and blotted that area. Didn't have to touch the rest of the face AT ALL. I kept looking in the mirror to make sure it wasn't doing anything funny but it wasn't. Frankly I'm surprised my husband didn't ask me why I kept looking in the mirror.
pretty.gif
Next time I'm going to pat it on my face with my fingers and then use my Sigma F80 to blend it in, but that's only because I'm curious to see how it looks this way. I'm pretty happy with the way it looked today using the Beauty Blender but I'm curious to see how it does with a brush. So, as of right now, I'm really liking this foundation. I'm guessing the method and the amount I applied this foundation today I'd say it gave me a mid-semi full coverage. Just now, before I get ready to take it off, I decided to press this Bounty paper towel I have sitting next to me onto my face in a blotting motion just to see how much would transfer. I could see just a tiny bit of something. It may be my blush but really, it's nothing. I'm not saying test it out on your favorite white shirt or anything because well, I'm just not THAT trusting of ANY foundation. LOL! As of right now though, I give this foundation a big thumbs up.

MissTT

I'm soooo jealous of you, Copperhead. How was the coloring. You didn't mention it so I'm assuming Caramel is good for NC50. I'm gonna have to get that Toast soon. I picked up Med Beige and True Beige for my daughter today to live through her.

Copperhead

I'm soooo jealous of you, Copperhead. How was the coloring. You didn't mention it so I'm assuming Caramel is good for NC50. I'm gonna have to get that Toast soon. I picked up Med Beige and True Beige for my daughter today to live through her.
LOL MissTT! Now you know you have absolutely NOTHING to be jealous about. The coloring was really good actually. I do normally wear NC50 and Caramel was definitely my shade in the Whipped Foundation. Looking at the color from the outside of the jar the shade looks lighter than it actually is in the jar. But I figured I'd wear Caramel because I wore that shade in the Colorstay Liquid foundation. I forgot to describe the texture too. The texture is like a thick pudding. Not as light as a mousse but more towards that of a pudding. Inside the jar is this little sealing disc and I just took the foundation from that rather than dip in the jar. I guess once the foundation goes down some and the sealing disc is no longer able to reach the foundation I will then have to use something to take some foundation out. I don't really want to dip my fingers inside the jar.

ETA: I also found that it doesn't have a strong smell which I kind of liked. IIRC the liquid Colorstay has a stronger scent to it.

Go ahead and find some reviews and youtube videos about it. I did BEFORE I bought the foundation and I'm STILL reading reviews and watching youtube videos on it. I guess I just like to hear peoples' thoughts on it. LOL.

MissTT

I'm excited to try it. The reviews I've seen have all been good for the most part. If I can find a shade match I'll be golden.

Copperhead

Something else I forgot to mention..... this foundation DOES NOT have SPF but my moisturizer does so that was okay. Also, salicylic acid (acne fighting ingredient) is one of the ingredients in it.

Divad2013

Okay, I've had this foundation on since 11am CST and it is now 9:15pm and I don't really wanna take it off but it's getting late so I guess I have to. LOL! I didn't do too much running today except to go grab some food to bring back home but this foundation still looks really good after 10 hours. I only had to blot my t-zone once and that was around 4pm. I just took out my MAC Blot Powder and blotted that area. Didn't have to touch the rest of the face AT ALL. I kept looking in the mirror to make sure it wasn't doing anything funny but it wasn't. Frankly I'm surprised my husband didn't ask me why I kept looking in the mirror. 
pretty.gif
Next time I'm going to pat it on my face with my fingers and then use my Sigma F80 to blend it in, but that's only because I'm curious to see how it looks this way. I'm pretty happy with the way it looked today using the Beauty Blender but I'm curious to see how it does with a brush. So, as of right now, I'm really liking this foundation. I'm guessing the method and the amount I applied this foundation today I'd say it gave me a mid-semi full coverage. Just now, before I get ready to take it off, I decided to press this Bounty paper towel I have sitting next to me onto my face in a blotting motion just to see how much would transfer. I could see just a tiny bit of something. It may be my blush but really, it's nothing. I'm not saying test it out on your favorite white shirt or anything because well, I'm just not THAT trusting of ANY foundation. LOL! As of right now though, I give this foundation a big thumbs up. 
I am going to try this one thanks

Copperhead

I just watched a review video on the Revlon Colorstay Whipped and she said hers has spf20 in it. Mine doesn't say that. Maybe certain shades do? The last thing I DO see on the ingredient list though is "May contain mica, titanium dioxide.....

So I'm guessing maybe some shades have it and some don't. The reviewer's shade was 320 (Warm Golden). She said in MAC she's normally an NC30-35 and the 320 Revlon matches her perfectly.

MissTT

I ordered ColorStay Whipped in Toast on Monday from BuyMeBeauty.com, but haven't heard boo from them since order confirmation. I'm a little nervous as I've never heard of the company before. Today is the 2nd business day though so per their terms they should be shipping it by today.

Copperhead

I hope you get it MissTT and moreso I hope it works for you. I'm still watching review videos on YT. It's like I can't get enough. LOL!

MissTT

I did find her blog when I was looking. It's funny b/c she looks much lighter than me, but the foundation seems like it would be right for me in the first swatch pic. In the second it looks a little light. I think the issue is my face is NC44, my neck and chest are NC42-44, and my body is NC50. I don't ever swatch on my hands b/c it's useless. Anyway, I'm a bit afraid b/c she said Toast is too light for her. Best blog post out there about Toast, but you'd have to jump through hoops to find out who the person is and when it was posted. That's annoying. That just means I'll have to leave a very thorough review here.
And no way Halle Berry is wearing Caramel.
nope.gif

Copperhead

I did find her blog when I was looking. It's funny b/c she looks much lighter than me, but the foundation seems like it would be right for me in the first swatch pic. In the second it looks a little light. I think the issue is my face is NC44, my neck and chest are NC42-44, and my body is NC50. I don't ever swatch on my hands b/c it's useless. Anyway, I'm a bit afraid b/c she said Toast is too light for her. Best blog post out there about Toast, but you'd have to jump through hoops to find out who the person is and when it was posted. That's annoying. That just means I'll have to leave a very thorough review here.
And no way Halle Berry is wearing Caramel.
nope.gif
Yeah, I doubt Halle is wearing Caramel.

GoldenGirl

Hopefully this will help someone else out:

MUFE HD 177 (it's perfect!)
MUFE Face and Body 12/Caramel - I just got this and I LIKE it, but I"m not sure it's a perfect fit in terms of matching. I am considering trying the next shade down (I think that's 44) to se see if that's a better match.
CoverGirl Queen Collection Natural Hue Compact Foundation Q520/Toffee
MAC Studio Careblend/Pressed Powder in Dark
MAC MSFN in Dark or Medium Deep (Dark starts out fine, but oxidizes during the day... Medium Deep starts out a bit lighter than my complexion but oxidizes better in an hour or so.
L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Powder in N8
LISI Cosmetics Silk Veil Foundation in 109
I haven't worn a medium/full coverage MAC foundation in quite some time, but I *think* was an NC45 in Studio Fix Fluid. (ETA: I just checked some of my old posts and I was an NC50 in SFF.)
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB in Deep Sheer Tint
Elf Tinted Moisturizer in Espresso

mandymckenna

AFin94 I love that you consider that!!! MUFE isn't cruelty free either, they sell in China (same as MAC). Nars, I'm not 100% on. I personally stick with Hourglass, Tarte, Inglot, OCC and UD, for that reason :)

MissTT

I received my Revlon ColorStay Whipped in TOAST on Friday. Sad to say it was too light and a bit pink. It may work for NC42-3/NW35. Based on what I've seen that means there is no appropriate color for NC44. I suppose I could try mixing it, but the formula is so thick I think I'd waste so much trying to do that. I kind of want to wear it to see if I'm in love w/ the formula, but how can something be HG for me if I'll have to be a mixologist to make it work?

400 Early Tan
410 Toast
160 Rich Ginger
340 Caramel

These are my options I think shade-wise. I believe Rich Ginger and Toast are pink undertoned and the other two are yellow toned. Should I try another shade and if so which one? Should I try mixing with Toast?

Copperhead

Aww, sorry to hear that MissTT. It's gotta be either Rich Ginger or Caramel then. The main and mostly only complaint I've heard is that there aren't enough shades.

Copperhead

Is Cappuccino lighter or darker than Revlon's Caramel? I wear NC50 too and I wear Caramel. The foundation looks good on you. What are you wearing on your eyes? It looks like a pretty peacock.

sagehen

^^Cappucino is redder. On me the level of color is the same, but the undertone is warmer. I had to stick with Caramel because it is more yellow/neutral.

Latest posts