Foundation Equivalencies

kyd33

You have great skin. Don't need foundation. Using foundation unnecessarily is waste of money and it can be aging.

User38

lol

I will drop dead before I give up my foundation -- don't care if it ages me
pompom.gif

kittkat

actually not all foundations are aging only the wrong foundation can age your skin and cause all sorts of problems.

I learned this the hard way.

There is a cool website that can help! For me I will not buy a foundation or a skin care product unless I see it review by her I would rather wait.

It also helps to know your skin type and she breaks down foundation by skin types and what shades to stay away from.

Try looking at "cosmetic cop" or Paula's choice"

she reviews products weekly and has a "BEST LIST" for every product you can think of .

Not just "MAKEUP but SKINCARE" as well

you would be "SHOCKED" at how many Cosmetic companies lie and sell you useless skin care treatment when they are just stealing your money!

she gives you both High end and Drugstore options.

vannycul

[COLOR=FF0000]Does anyone have recommendations for shade equivalencies in Giorgio Armani, Chanel, YSL and Dior foundations?  I want to try these foundations so bad.  I hate going to makeup counters, so I was hoping to get some good recs that might work and I can order online.[/COLOR] Armani in between 10 and 11.5 For reference, I am Bobbi Brown Warm Almond 6.5 and NARS Sheer Matte in Macao.  I also have warm/yellow undertones with oily skin type.
Heya, So did Macao work for your NC50 skintone, been trying to figure out what to get, leaning towards Macao or New Guinea.
Hey dear you really just have to try it. My sis is nc50 and she uses Macao mixed in with one tiny drop of a darker foundation. But I think more of Macao than New Guinea

kavitha

hi,

Even i have Mac pro longwear nc45 it turns ornage on my skin. try Mac studio fix fluid NC44 it looks awesome on the skin. If we Applied the foundation that is not our shade it oxidies and turns orange or darker to our skin.

Thank you

MsAlice Bill

katvon d tattoo foundation in medium 62
bobbi brown skin foundation in warm honey
Lancome bisque 9w( my favorite!!!)

.. strange , the drug store brands dont seem to ever match. ill have to try those lised aove.
i was hoping to try to see if the sephora medium walnut 33 was the same as mac nc42 or mac nc40 or if any new the perfect mac match

tatianabb

I'm very late for this thread lol, i use the exact same shades in every brand you mentioned, do you know your shade in MUFE hd foundation and chanel perfection lumiere?

achonmakeup

Any NC 37 girls out there? Lol :) I am looking for same color match for Clinique foundations, preferably the stay matte and even better foundations from clinique. I tried the Golden neutral shade on my hand at Sephora, looks like my shade but I wanted to do research on the foundations before purchasing. Any help please!

ilovedrake1

I'm trying to contour and highlight my face and also a dewy look I'm looking for a foundation shade in BECCA and MAC or what's recommended please help I have: REVLON Colorstay 400 Caramel Combination/ Oily Skin REVLON Nearly Naked Pressed Powder 040 Medium/Deep BLACK OPAL 04- Rich Mocha

sagehen

^^Becca Radiant Skin Satin Finish foundation in Tobacco or Sienna findation.com can help as well (it is in the post right above yours). Plug in the shades you know are matches and it will recommend some others.

makeupbymandi

I usually custom blend my foundations, but when I'm in a hurry, I'll usually grab one of these colours (some I liked better than others);: Make Up Forever: Mat Velvet 065 (summer colour) HD Foundation 170 (summer colour) Cover Fx: Natural Fx M90 (G80 in the new colours) Face Atelier: Ultra Foundation #8 (winter colour) I add 0+ to darken it in the summer Maqpro: M153 (winter colour) MAC: Studio Fix Fluid NC42 (winter) I find this colour ok. I can never seem to find a perfect match in any MAC foundation. The next colour is a little too dark, so I mix a small drop of the 0+ from Face Atelier to darken the NC42. Estee Lauder: Double Wear Liquid Foundation 4W1 (winter) This foundation looks good in person but is horrible for photography. Makes the skin appear white and/or ashy in pictures, no matter how dark the colour. Smashbox: 15 Hour Wear Foundation 3.4 (summer) I would like to purchase the Tarte Amazonian Clay Full Coverage Foundation, but I would like an opinion on the colour selection, prior to going to Sephora. Has anyone tried this foundation? Thanks :)

Selinaaa

I suffer from hyperpigmentation so getting matched for make up can be a pain! My natural skin tone is indian with yellow undertone.

I'm currently using NARS in Tahoe (sheer glow)...LOVE the colour match! Literally so exact my bf couldn't tell I had it on when he commented on how great my skin looked.

I used to use MAC but I could never find the right colour....MAC 44.5 seemed to be the right colour when I went for a colour match but when used all over would make me look too tan as it was a bit too orangey.... so I began to use MAC 42 and 43.5 but then because they're a tad lighter sometimes it would look ashy....anyway MAC tends to break me out so I've decided to give it up....its just too cakey if you know what I mean.

Bobbi brown Warm Honey/ Honey are great matches!

Bobbi Brown dark peach corrector for my spot scarring works great so that foundation blends nicely on top.

Could do with a nice concealer though......

Elovele1

I wear Mac Matchmaster 7.0
Lancome Teinte idole ultra 24hour 460w
Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof in Tobacco
Smashbox Studio Skin 15hr in 4.1
Stila Foundation + concealer in Maple
Revlon Colorstay combination oily in Caramel

Can anyone tell me the equilvalents in Nars (matte), Kat Von D, Bobbi Brown and/or MUFE?