Foundation Equivalencies

MissTina

Does anyone know the foundation equivalence of Black Opal Truly Topaz in Mary KayTimewise Matt Wear and Mary Kay Creme to Powder and Mac. Please you can also help me direct into my email at [email protected]

thank you!

abitvain

I am a NC45 in MAC and Carmel in Revlon Colorstay (absolutely love this foundation by the way) and I would love to know this too!!! I am sooo wanting to try this!!! Would anyone happen to know this?

Ooops... I failed to mention that I was once a lurker until today! LOL!

:)
This is way too late lol, you should probably buy teint idol 460

megzjada

I am sandlewood in estee lauder doublewear but it's a bit red and dark after a while red first then dark later on. In Revlon colour stay im spice comb/oily. But also a bit red. And in elizabeth arden satin I'm warm mahogany, Or spice. What shade am I in mac, I'm more yellow warm. Dark,

cocomomo80

I am sandlewood in estee lauder doublewear but it's a bit red and dark after a while red first then dark later on. In Revlon colour stay im spice comb/oily. But also a bit red. And in elizabeth arden satin I'm warm mahogany, Or spice. What shade am I in mac, I'm more yellow warm. Dark,
It sounds like you're a MAC NC50 in foundation, to me.
The NCs are for the people with yellow/golden undertones.
But every so often, some unique yellow/golden to neutral undertones fall into the C shade category in MAC.
If you did fall into that category, you could be a C7 or C8.
You're possibly Deep in the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural.
Dark Deep (despite its claim of being a rich golden bronze - I have this shade, btw, and I'm an NC) and Dark Deepest may be a bit too red.

But it's always best to go get yourself color matched at a MAC counter for sure.

megzjada

Hi, still a newbie, The stila foundation and concealer formula, is that comparative to mac, I am nc 50...in Mac and I ordered online Maple in stila as i recently got color matched to Elizabeth Arden in Spice. Im fairly new to this foundation dilemma.

cocomomo80

I wear Mac Matchmaster 7.0
Lancome Teinte idole ultra 24hour 460w
Becca Ever-Matte Shine Proof in Tobacco
Smashbox Studio Skin 15hr in 4.1
Stila Foundation + concealer in Maple
Revlon Colorstay combination oily in Caramel
But don't fret just yet. It could also mean that you teeter between two MAC shades, just like myself.
I found someone on YouTube who was reviewing the Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer. She has to use two different MAC colors to achieve her perfect shade: NC45 and NC50 (it's not mentioned in the video, but I do know that she does use 2 shades, for certain). She also bought the shade MAPLE and it's a perfect match for her.

0.jpg

I'm case you need more help in finding shades in the future, there are a few Foundation Color Matching sites out there that can help. But don't take the matches as 100% correct; always try to watch makeup reviews via YouTube or swing by Specktra for more in-depth details.

1. Temptalia Foundation Matrix
2. Findation
3. Match My Makeup

I hope this all helps you out in some way.

megzjada

Thanks so much
really appreciate your response, wow. This foundation process is so tricky and i feel better knowing there are others just like myself.
In South Africa, Cape Town we do not have Nars MUFE, etc, but what we do have are an abundance of colors, for a range of skin tones, especially Revlon, ELDW, Black Opal, Elizabeth Arden, to name but a few. With Revlon being the most diverse, Nutmeg, spice, carob, Toffee, Bronze, And those are just a few, Colorstay Revlon is popular over here, We have Mac Boutiques, and Im intending getting myself matched, as per your suggestion.

sagehen

Thank you! I saw that thread but noticed it hadn't been updated in awhile; I know there are new shades in the Mat Velvet line and was wondering if there would be a closer match due to the minor extension.
You're right. The extensions have better matches for NC50-ish skin. They used to recommend 75-Coffee to me and it was an awful match. I think 57 is a better match for me and 77 is an option. I prefer 57 right now, and might do 77 in the winter. 77 is a little more yellow. Happy Foundation hunting!

cocomomo80

Thanks so much
really appreciate your response, wow. This foundation process is so tricky and i feel better knowing there are others just like myself.
In South Africa, Cape Town we do not have Nars MUFE, etc, but what we do have are an abundance of colors, for a range of skin tones, especially Revlon, ELDW, Black Opal, Elizabeth Arden, to name but a few. With Revlon being the most diverse, Nutmeg, spice, carob, Toffee, Bronze, And those are just a few, Colorstay Revlon is popular over here, We have Mac Boutiques, and Im intending getting myself matched, as per your suggestion.
That's so great that there are a large range of shades that people can choose from. Some of those Revlon Colorstay shades you mentioned, I had no idea that they existed. When you had first mentioned your shade in SPICE, I'd never heard of or seen that color in any of my local stores. Most of the stores around my area, here in the US, seemed to either stop at CARAMEL, or jump from CARAMEL to MOCHA, with no in-between colors. So thanks for bringing that to my attention.
amuse.gif

If and when you do go to MAC to get color matched, ask as many questions as you can about the brand and their product(s) that you're curious about. You don't have to buy anything, but it's still great to be informed. And don't let anyone color match you on your wrist, ever!

You are very welcome, and I'm glad that I could help. Good luck on your foundation journey.

NYCBeautyJunkie

You're right. The extensions have better matches for NC50-ish skin. They used to recommend 75-Coffee to me and it was an awful match. I think 57 is a better match for me and 77 is an option. I prefer 57 right now, and might do 77 in the winter. 77 is a little more yellow. Happy Foundation hunting!
Yep you're right! I noticed a lot of women were mixing 70 and 75 for a decent match. Went to the MUFE boutique and they recommended 57 based alone on the fact that I wear 177 in Ultra HD. When they swatched both 57 and 75 on me, the red undertone on 75 was really apparent and 57 blended in very nicely.

sagehen

Yep you're right! I noticed a lot of women were mixing 70 and 75 for a decent match. Went to the MUFE boutique and they recommended 57 based alone on the fact that I wear 177 in Ultra HD. When they swatched both 57 and 75 on me, the red undertone on 75 was really apparent and 57 blended in very nicely.
Have you tried the new UltraHD (stick or liquid)? We are supposedly Y505, which matches me fine in the liquid but in the stick it is a different code on Sephora's matching system, and I have heard people say it is a bit darker. I have the stick but have not had the guts to try it yet. I suppose if it is a little red I can correct that with some banana powder.

NYCBeautyJunkie

Have you tried the new UltraHD (stick or liquid)? We are supposedly Y505, which matches me fine in the liquid but in the stick it is a different code on Sephora's matching system, and I have heard people say it is a bit darker. I have the stick but have not had the guts to try it yet. I suppose if it is a little red I can correct that with some banana powder.
It is a bit darker, but not significantly-- I have both and I didn't notice a big difference. I tanned a ton this summer, so the stick was more forgiving around the perimeter of my face where it's darker, but it's still a good match. It isn't as yellow as the liquid, but I wouldn't say it has a prominent red undertone. Give it a try!! Not my pics of course! From Beauty Professors' blog: Ultra HD Stick:
m2.jpg
Ultra HD Liquid:
m23.jpg

sagehen

It is a bit darker, but not significantly-- I have both and I didn't notice a big difference. I tanned a ton this summer, so the stick was more forgiving around the perimeter of my face where it's darker, but it's still a good match. It isn't as yellow as the liquid, but I wouldn't say it has a prominent red undertone. Give it a try!!
Thanks for this info! Good to hear a firsthand account, and the pic illustrates the difference between liquid and stick. I agree; the stick might be good for the perimeter of the face where I am always a bit darker. I plan to play with it soon.

mariam89fouad

hi,
i am new here so i hope i am in the right seaction .

i am NC43.5 in mac studio fix and it is my correct shade
and in channal im 70 biege and it is my color (in the black bottel i dont know what its called )

i want to buy loreal paris true match foundation and the infalible matte foundation but i dont know which shade i should get? this brand is avalible in my country but they dont have darke shades .all the drug store brands avalible in my country have only light shades so i am planing to buy it online but i dont know which shade i should get ?so can someone please help me.

i tryed to see other girls on youtube to find out what color i am but i wasnt very lucky i get ocnfused even more ..
thanks

hanoliv

I know this is an old thread but I'm hoping someone can help! I wear Estée Lauder double wear in 4N1 shell beige and I'm looking at getting Bobbi Brown ever lasting cream compact foundation, would warm natural or honey be the best match??!!