Foundation Equivalencies

Divad2013

Its the shade right after caramel. ? I have worn caramel but I like this better on me. It really matches my tone. Its not really darker... maybe a little... almost the same shade to me. I have on the maybelline color pigment brash blue and a neon palette I ordered off of ebay the yellow is out of that

msroyalty2u

Does anyone have recommendations for shade equivalencies in Giorgio Armani, Chanel, YSL and Dior foundations? I want to try these foundations so bad. I hate going to makeup counters, so I was hoping to get some good recs that might work and I can order online.

For reference, I am Bobbi Brown Warm Almond 6.5 and NARS Sheer Matte in Macao. I also have warm/yellow undertones with oily skin type.

Copperhead

Does anyone have recommendations for shade equivalencies in Giorgio Armani, Chanel, YSL and Dior foundations? I want to try these foundations so bad. I hate going to makeup counters, so I was hoping to get some good recs that might work and I can order online.

For reference, I am Bobbi Brown Warm Almond 6.5 and NARS Sheer Matte in Macao. I also have warm/yellow undertones with oily skin type.
www.findation.com is a cool site that might help you.

califabulous

GA maestro start with 10, chanel perfection lumiere -start with 94 ambre; Dior the 060's prob work (050 may work too)... at least some starting points to get your shade...

j4lyphe

I'm between NW45/NW47 in MAC SFF (NW46 is wayyy too red) and NW45 in SF powder foundation. I believe I'm an 8.5 in the Matchmaster even though some fool of a makeup artist convinced me at the time that 7.5 was my colour. It can pass in the Wintertime when I get pale and yellow in the face but for the rest of the year it is wayyyyyy too light. I'm thinking of giving it away...or mixing it with my old Bobbi Brown Natural finish that I had gotten in a shade too dark/red....
But finally found a good one at last: Estee Lauder Invisble Fluid 6CN1 which has the right amount of yellow/red tones to match the inside and peripheral of my face. I've just bought Clinique Stay-Matte foundation in Amber which initially looks too light but once it oxidizes it is my skin (a little orange but not like MAC SFF oompa loompa orange lol) so I'm not sure if I should keep it or get Clove instead which is more brown in colour. I've tried Sienna and it's a bit too red/dark for me so I don't know what to do. I am also a 7.0 Almond in the Bobbi Brown foundation stick which I use as concealer because it is my colour but way too rich for my oily skin to wear all over. I really want to try the Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation- I think I'm 104 Ambre because I have gotten samples of the 114 (too light) and the 154 (way too brown/dark). Will have to try Bloomingdales for that shade since Nordstrom doesn't carry it...

GoldenGirl

Went into Mac to replenish my MSFN and asked about the Studio Fix powder. She applied NC55, but it just looked ashy (my mom was with me and even though she knows very little about makeup, I wanted a second non-makeup person opinion. She agreed it didn't look good on me at all.) so the MUA recommended Matchmaster. I had no intentions on buying it, I've been wary of Mac liquid foundations since I was wearing SFF years ago looking a yellow mess and feeling all kinds of makeup all over my face.

Anyway, she matched me to 7.5 and it actually looked... pretty daggone good. (So j4lyphe, you couldn't possibly be 7.5 if you're an NW, I'd say 8 or 8.5 - check out some of the Karla Sugar swatches, she has GREAT swatches.)

I was actually impressed! I had my mom take a million and one pictures of me in all kinds of lighting. I want to be SURE! LOL! I'm still wearing it because I want to know how badly it will oxidize on me. I KNOW it will oxidize, I just need to know how much. So here's an update to my post from a few weeks ago:

I returned both MUFE Face and Body foundations ( 12 and 44 ) because unfortunately I wasn't able to find a good match. I can also wear L'Oreal True Match Powder in W8 in addition to N8. W8 is warmer for sure.

After some trial and error with Nars, I've got it down to New Guinea in the Sheer Glow and I'm assuming the Sheer Matte as well as the new creamy radiant foundation. I can also wear the BH Cosmetics foundation in Deep Cocoa.

Copperhead

Went into Mac to replenish my MSFN and asked about the Studio Fix powder. She applied NC55, but it just looked ashy (my mom was with me and even though she knows very little about makeup, I wanted a second non-makeup person opinion. She agreed it didn't look good on me at all.) so the MUA recommended Matchmaster. I had no intentions on buying it, I've been wary of Mac liquid foundations since I was wearing SFF years ago looking a yellow mess and feeling all kinds of makeup all over my face.

Anyway, she matched me to 7.5 and it actually looked... pretty daggone good. (So j4lyphe, you couldn't possibly be 7.5 if you're an NW, I'd say 8 or 8.5 - check out some of the Karla Sugar swatches, she has GREAT swatches.)

I was actually impressed! I had my mom take a million and one pictures of me in all kinds of lighting. I want to be SURE! LOL! I'm still wearing it because I want to know how badly it will oxidize on me. I KNOW it will oxidize, I just need to know how much. So here's an update to my post from a few weeks ago:

I returned both MUFE Face and Body foundations ( 12 and 44 ) because unfortunately I wasn't able to find a good match. I can also wear L'Oreal True Match Powder in W8 in addition to N8. W8 is warmer for sure.

After some trial and error with Nars, I've got it down to New Guinea in the Sheer Glow and I'm assuming the Sheer Matte as well as the new creamy radiant foundation. I can also wear the BH Cosmetics foundation in Deep Cocoa.
I never really got 'ashiness' with Studio Fix powder but I do remember getting a powdery look when I first got it years ago. What I used to do was lightly pat a damp cloth on my face and the powder look would go away. Now, whenever I use SF powder, I just spritz on Fix+. I damn near spritz on Fix+ with just about everything nowadays tho. I got a sample of Matchmaster 7.5 when it first came out. It was the correct shade for me but I never bought it. Too busy buying other things I guess. LOL.

bvenice1920

Hey everyone I am a NW45 in MAC prolong wear and in SF powder. I also am a 350 in Maybelline Fit me Stick however I wanna try Urban Decay Naked skin would anyone have any suggestions on what match I would be.

achonmakeup

Hi, I am brand new to this site. I am looking for a foundation but have found none that I love. I would say I am an NC 40-42 (summer) NC 35-37 (winter). I am looking for something that doesn't have a matte finish and preferably oil free. I' be tried Mac foundations long time ago in high school early 20's but it's not the same anymore. They oxidize too much and they dry too matte. Has anyone tried the smashbox liquid halo foundation? Anybody else my skin color have any suggestions? I am also looking for foundations with yellow/ golden undertones, Please and thanks! :)

sagehen

^^Welcome to the site - take some time to look through this thread -- your question has been answered. I can't help much because I am oily and LOVE matte finishes, but to start, some ladies here have recommended NARS Sheer Glow in Cadiz or Tahoe for someone in your range, but I am sure you can find more answers if you read the thread. Also, I recommend findation.com. If you already know a foundation that matches you their database can direct you toward some other brands/options.

samooo

MAC StudioFix Liquid: NC37

Estee Lauder Double Wear: Rattan/ Cashew

Revlon Colorstay: Golden beige

Loreal Paris Infallible Foundation: Golden Sun (A bit dark but nice and yellowy)

sagehen

Went into Mac to replenish my MSFN and asked about the Studio Fix powder.  She applied NC55, but it just looked ashy (my mom was with me and even though she knows very little about makeup, I wanted a second  non-makeup person opinion.  She agreed it didn't look good on me at all.) so the MUA recommended Matchmaster.  I had no intentions on buying it, I've been wary of Mac liquid foundations since I was wearing SFF years ago looking a yellow mess and feeling all kinds of makeup all over my face.   Anyway, she matched me to 7.5 and it actually looked... pretty daggone good. (So j4lyphe, you couldn't possibly be 7.5 if you're an NW, I'd say 8 or 8.5 - check out some of the Karla Sugar swatches, she has GREAT swatches.)   I was actually impressed!  I had my mom take a million and one pictures of me in all kinds of lighting.  I want to be SURE!  LOL!  I'm still wearing it because I want to know how badly it will oxidize on me.  I KNOW it will oxidize, I just need to know how much.  So here's an update to my post from a few weeks ago: I returned both MUFE Face and Body foundations ( 12 and 44 ) because unfortunately I wasn't able to find a good match.  I can also wear L'Oreal True Match Powder in W8 in addition to N8.  W8 is warmer for sure.   After some trial and error with Nars, I've got it down to New Guinea in the Sheer Glow and I'm assuming the Sheer Matte as well as the new creamy radiant foundation.  I can also wear the BH Cosmetics foundation in Deep Cocoa.
OK wait - what happened to you and NARS Macao? I looked at this shade because of you (thank you btw)!!! I notice that you mentioned Sheer Glow though, and I hear people say they are different shades in Sheer Glow and Sheer Matte.

shy_makeup_girl

So far the Hourglass Immaculate Foundation in Warm Beige is the closest I've come to a true "shade match." It photographs beautifully.
pompom.gif

NW35 is still the closest match that MAC has for my skintone *sigh*.

Niro77

Can someone advice if they know where I could purchase Armani LSF in the colour 9.5? I have tried 9 and it's light on me and 10 is too dark and red on me. Would appreciate any help. Thanks

DiidiA

Hey Guys HELP!!!

I am an NC50 with strong yellow undertones, I was wondering what Nars Sheer glow and sheer matte I should get? HELP! HELP! HELP

charaze

Hello! I only tried one foundation which is Revlon Nearly Naked in Medium Beige. Also, I came across this website called Findation which suggests the foundations based on the ones that you've tried already BUT I couldn't find Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow.

Can anyone help me? Here are my shades in Findation:

1. Revlon Nearly Naked Medium Beige
2. L'oreal Paris Lumi Magique W5 Gold Sand

I need to know what shade I should buy for Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. Thanks!

DiidiA

Heya,

So did Macao work for your NC50 skintone, been trying to figure out what to get, leaning towards Macao or New Guinea.