Foundations With Yellow Undertones

Kaminoke

Indeed, thank you everyone
smiles.gif

So far I've found Clinique to be the closest match to my skintone. I've been matched at MAC twice - NC was orange, and NW30 far too pink :/ Right now I'm using Clinique's superfit makeup in 07 (honey) and as expensive as it is, I'll pay it to have foundation that actually matches my colouring
lol.gif
I'm going to check out some of the other things you've mentioned though, hopefully I can find some of them here
smiles.gif

bowsandhearts

I find that Laura Mercier (Especially) and Chanel foundations are good with skin with yellow undertones!

Most of the other brands I have tried are too pinkish for me!

sonaliagrawal

I am NC42, with yellow undertones, and I wasnt able to find a good match for me in Revlon Colorstay. Natural tan had pink undertones, the other ones with yellows were either too light or too dark. Sigh!.... same story goes for PhotoReady.. 006 is too light, 008 is lighter than 006. I am sticking to MAC only due to their range of colors in foundation!

macmistress

I use a few foundations:-

Bare Minerals in Medium Beige, id only use it if i have really hydrated skin. else i feel like it dries out, some people say u can sleep in it, i feel like im going to break out n makes me feel itchy.

Designer Shaping foundation in 9. Just one problem, it has spf in it. i like my normal skin colour to show up in cam. other than that i love the texture n its like a second skin.
smiles.gif

Designer Modelling compact Foundation in 7. Ive only given this 2 tries and both have clogged up my skin. any tips?

Studio Tech in NC37 used to agree with me but not anymore.
ssad.gif

eonxblue

Right now I use MAC NC35 (studio sculpt) and it's still too pink for me. I got my hands on MAC Full Coverage foundation in C35 and its too light (??). When I take pictures with it on, my face looks way too light. So annoying. I tried Revlon Colorstay in Golden Beige and it was wayyy too pink for me (that's their yellowest foundation, too!). I've tried Bare Minerals in Golden Medium, and that's too light as well and it doesn't give me enough coverage without using way too much product. I've also tried Lancome's Teint Idole. What a joke. That foundation is so pink, it's ridiculous that the lady at the counter even TRIED convincing me that it suited my skintone. I know you want to make a sale, but you would LIE to someone and potentially make them walk around looking like an idiot for MONTHS just for one sale???

sigh.gif
I'm going to try Bobbi Brown soon, and I hope it works. I have such a strange skin tone.

bumblebees24

The best I've seen so far is Chanel Mat Lumiere 2.0 which has just the right amount of yellow in it. MAC is terrible for me as well as Lancome which is way too pink.

sss215

Revlon Colorstay in Mahogany is the 2nd to darkest shade. It is more yellow than Mocha, that is why i chose it. Both colors are in the NC50, NW45, NW50, NW55 range.

SUMM3RxBABii

Bare Escentuals is amazing. I just switched from MAC studio fix, after 2 long years. hated the smell and it did make my skin look too dirty,

aradhana

i've found nw was a better match for me than nc series...also, laura mercier have a pretty much perfect shade for me in almond, which is neither too yellow, orange or pink. (i'm nw 35 /40 depending on the formula)
mufe hd is pretty good, but i have limited access to shades here, and armani has some good shades as well.

CandeeNova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Elegant
You might want to try Make Up For Ever's foundations.

yes! nars sheer glow also has some very yellow based foundations. also i think that bare minerals matte is much more yellow based than the original.

Ingenue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamboosphinx
I believe that Bobbi Brown and Shiseido make yellow based foundations. Probably IMAN too.

Add Shu Uemura to that list, and Armani. LOVE the Luminous Silk Foundation.
cutey.gif

Kandi Lush

this is a good thread. I am going to work my way through it. I have tried both NC and NW shades of MAC and not entirely convinced by them. Have heard many things about MUFE which is next on my list

QueenOfSnark

Was wearing NC45 sff for a while, but it started turning red/orange on me. Currently using C7 in the powder plus, which is better than NC45 but still a tad too red. Thinking of trying C6 / NC43-44 next time...

Just tried MUFE #173 based on suggestions here and a shade too dark compared to my neck. :(

EDIT: Just went to MAC and it turns out C6/NC43 are PERFECT on me. YAY! No more orange face!
th_DANCE.gif

LaBonita

I'm Mac NC44 and I was using Mac Face and Body in C6 - it's got a definite brown/olive hue, which is nice change to NC45 (which looks orange on my skin). However, it's a very dull grey/brown while my skin is a veeeery dark yellow with red hints around the cheeks.

I've finally found my perfect foundation: Lily Lola mineral foundation - Cinnamon. It's my exact skin-tone! A dark yellow/olive brown.

I'm in heaven :D

Latest posts