General Chanel Chat

Winthrop44

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

Wow, that is strange! I am going to have to call the ones within reach of me! Unfortunately my closest doesn't carry Chanel at all...

bumblebees24

Does anyone feel that the rouge allure formula is better than rouge coco? For some reason, rouge allure glides on so effortlessly on my lips. Rouge coco doesn't feel as smooth. Maybe it's the tester that I tried...
th_dunno.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkymei
super gorgeous, thanks for the swatch on lips... are you wearing lip gloss to? or is that by itself?

Just Phoenix. The glossy finish is pretty.
winks.gif
I wasn't wearing any makeup but Phoenix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
You are so beautiful! Your lips look amazing in that color! Gardenia is the other color I really liked too.

Thank you! I really like the colour!
heart.gif
I like Gardenia too and I'm hoping it will be sold in my country.

anita22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebees24
Does anyone feel that the rouge allure formula is better than rouge coco? For some reason, rouge allure glides on so effortlessly on my lips. Rouge coco doesn't feel as smooth. Maybe it's the tester that I tried...
th_dunno.gif

I agree... Rouge Coco is lightweight, but it doesn't have the same glossy texture (at least, not the shades I tested). I like the Rouge Allures more.

Winthrop44

I like the texture and colors of the Rouge Allures more, but tbh I dislike the scent/taste of those more than the Cocos. For a higher end lipstick I like the scentless Rouge d'Armanis better than either of them.

Hypathya

HI pretty ladies!! I'm back
yahoo.gif

Still no Rouge Coco's here...
thmbdn.gif
I'm dying to try them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elegant-one
It's not makeup, but I've mentioned before that I have switched my skin care completely over to Chanel. Well, I picked up the new Ultra Correction Eye Lift about 6 weeks or so ago after loving the sample I got.

After using it for about 6 weeks now, I noticed that my lashes are fuller longer & lusher!!! I also switched to Chanel eye makeup remover, so it is one or both that has made this change in my lashes. I believe that whatever is in the eye lift creme has added moisture & nutrition (for lack of a better word) to my lashes.

I had fuller dark long lashes when I was younger, but about a year or two ago, I noticed that they fell out a lot more, were sparse, not long, & losing some color, but something has really significantly changed them & I believe its the Chanel.

Good to know... I just started using a sample of Ultra Correction Eye Lift, well see.

Sadly, as a Chanel devote, I used Chanel skincare for ages and did nothing for my complexion; very reluctanly, I had to stop. I must say my complexion is truly "complex" it's very oily almost everywhere but looses moisture very easily. Also, it's really dry in some areas as around my mouth and my lower eyelids. I'm founding Ultra CEL not enough moisturizing
ssad.gif
. It's true Chanel Skincare gives you "the glow" but didn't control my oily areas at all(Pureté Ideale), it wasn't moisturizing enough (Hydramax +, Age Delay and Beauté Initiale) and creams used to break me out. As far as antiaging, I don't have wrinkles but I'm really concern about tone and firmness, as that is the problem with my mom's and aunt's skin. As I told, I'm trying the Ultra CL line, but founding it a bit heavy for my oily areas and not moisturizing enough for my dry areas...again. Chanel skincare textures and scents are really pampering, but I guess that's not enough for me.

What I do love is the Eye Make Up remover!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
Yeah I'm lusting after Gardenia but I don't even know if it will be sold in my country...

I have Phoenix and love it! It is a deep raspberry, not too red or bright such that it goes on too bold. Here's a pic of me wearing it. I'm NC20/25.

IMG_3456.jpg

OMG!! It looks gorgeous on you!!

I think I must get it since it looks like my skin is just like yours!!
Why I don't have it already???
th_dunno.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
hace u guys heard about the Chanel tattoos? SMH!

I posted about it some much pages ago!!

I don't think I will get them as I don't like tatoos... I do love stamps though...I'm a total Chanel junkie...they're LE... Should I get them???
hmm.gif

cherry24

I'm adding my love for Mademoiselle, its slightly darker on me than on Vanessa(oh vanessa!) but gorgeous, everyday goodness! Gonna get someone to buy it in the airport as its a nearly €10 cheaper!

Also thinking about Paris as thats the colour Sandra Bullock wore at the oscars, just loved her lips!

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
HI pretty ladies!! I'm back
yahoo.gif

Still no Rouge Coco's here...
thmbdn.gif
I'm dying to try them.

Good to know... I just started using a sample of Ultra Correction Eye Lift, well see.

What I do love is the Eye Make Up remover!!

OMG!! It looks gorgeous on you!!

I think I must get it since it looks like my skin is just like yours!!
Why I don't have it already???
th_dunno.gif

I don't think I will get them as I don't like tatoos... I do love stamps though...I'm a total Chanel junkie...they're LE... Should I get them???
hmm.gif

th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
back!

Tell us how you find the Ultra Correction Eye Lift. I'm looking for a new eye cream to purchase. I love the Eye Makeup remover too.
thmbup.gif

Thank you.
blush-anim-cl.gif
You should get Phoenix. It is gorgeous.

I'm waiting for Rouge Coco too and the tattoos. I should be getting them this weekend but the MA has not called me yet. I'm getting the tattoos as a collector's item. Not sure if I will actually wear them, so I will decide when I get them.

Winthrop44

I stopped at my Dillards this morning to ask what was going to replace Prescriptives there. I was hoping for Chanel but we're getting Clarins!
crybaby.gif
I tried begging because there is no Chanel cosmetics counter within 1.5 hours in any direction, but she said it alll depends on the stores' volume and we just don't have it. Bummer.

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry24
Also thinking about Paris as thats the colour Sandra Bullock wore at the oscars, just loved her lips!

I was debating between Cambon and paris at the counter and ended up with Cambon. They both looked good on me though. I have a feeling I will get Paris at some point as well
th_wink3.gif

Kiraling

Did anyone hear that Dillards is getting 'new shades' in the Teint Innocence and Vitalumiere?

Not sure which.. Haven't heard anything since then but saw the flyer in one of the counter books.

Wondering if they'd match my NW15 skintone since Gentle Ivory (0.8) in the TI was awful dark.. I wasn't even close in the Vitalumiere.
ssad.gif

Hypathya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss QQ
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
back!

Tell us how you find the Ultra Correction Eye Lift. I'm looking for a new eye cream to purchase. I love the Eye Makeup remover too.
thmbup.gif

Thank you.
blush-anim-cl.gif
You should get Phoenix. It is gorgeous.

I'm waiting for Rouge Coco too and the tattoos. I should be getting them this weekend but the MA has not called me yet. I'm getting the tattoos as a collector's item. Not sure if I will actually wear them, so I will decide when I get them.

Oh! Thank you dear!!
th_kiss.gif

I've missed you!! I've been soo busy this past weeks, but hubby has promised me quiet and a good amount of "Specktra time" today and sunday afternoon!! Yay!!
yahoo.gif

Now to Chanel...Actually, I've just noticed it is U C Line Repair instead UC Ultra Correction Lift!!
choochoo.gif

What I've noticed so far is that it's not moisturizing enough. It soaks in real fast, but after 2-3 hours, I feel my lower eyelids dry!! Same applies to the day cream.
And yes, definitely will check out Phoenix my next time at my Chanel counter.
thmbup.gif

I was thinking the same about those Chanel Tattoos, but still unsure...
th_dunno.gif
... I've spend soo much at Les Impressions and SCF. But yeah, it's definitely a collector's item!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
I stopped at my Dillards this morning to ask what was going to replace Prescriptives there. I was hoping for Chanel but we're getting Clarins!
crybaby.gif
I tried begging because there is no Chanel cosmetics counter within 1.5 hours in any direction, but she said it alll depends on the stores' volume and we just don't have it. Bummer.

Oh dear!! So sad...Maybe one day, not that far you'll get Chanel at your Dillard's. Luckily, you can always order online in the US, which I can't do.
winkiss.gif

Miss QQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypathya
Oh! Thank you dear!!
th_kiss.gif

I've missed you!! I've been soo busy this past weeks, but hubby has promised me quiet and a good amount of "Specktra time" today and sunday afternoon!! Yay!!
yahoo.gif

th_hug.gif
Enjoy your Specktra time this weekend! I love quiet Specktra time too.

The tattoos are arriving next Friday. I may pick it up on Saturday or the week after next. All of a sudden I like Paris on Sandra Bullock at the Oscars, but that's me. Always browsing and going back and forth and ending up falling in love with new colours.

Winthrop44

Yay! I managed to track down a Gardenia thru an NM store even tho it's sold out on NM online.

Here are some more great swatches, commentary and pics on lips from Lina on MUA. She has a great blog:

Gardenia:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/201...coco-rose.html

Mademoiselle:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/201...ouge-coco.html

Sycamore:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/201...-paul-joe.html

Mademoiselle, Ruban Rose, Gardenia, Muse, Rose comete:

http://www.thebeautylookbook.com/201...-for-lips.html

Mygreatlove

So don't laugh at me ladies... but yesterday I bought my first ever Chanel cosmetic products!!
choochoo.gif
Haha. I bought the Soleil Tan de Chanel makeup base and a Coral Reef Glossimer. Omg the gloss is
th_drool.gif
I wish I would have tried these out sooner! I love the formula and so happy with my purchases
th_DANCE.gif
So I might have to keep up to date about new things coming out since I'm not in the know now. Anyways, I just had to come share my excitement to fellow Chanel lovers
winkiss.gif

Kiraling

Two new lighter shades popped up under Vitalumiere on Chanel's website, amongst others. One is Diaphane (0.5) and the other Ivoire (0.7). I do not have a match with the current Vitalumiere.

This sounds like the new formulation and shades my counter was talking about some weeks ago.. Could it be? Anyone know?

Winthrop44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiraling
Two new lighter shades popped up under Vitalumiere on Chanel's website, amongst others. One is Diaphane (0.5) and the other Ivoire (0.7). I do not have a match with the current Vitalumiere.

This sounds like the new formulation and shades my counter was talking about some weeks ago.. Could it be? Anyone know?

No idea...but do you know what is new about the formulation?

MzzRach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mygreatlove
So don't laugh at me ladies... but yesterday I bought my first ever Chanel cosmetic products!!
choochoo.gif
Haha. I bought the Soleil Tan de Chanel makeup base and a Coral Reef Glossimer. Omg the gloss is
th_drool.gif
I wish I would have tried these out sooner! I love the formula and so happy with my purchases
th_DANCE.gif
So I might have to keep up to date about new things coming out since I'm not in the know now. Anyways, I just had to come share my excitement to fellow Chanel lovers
winkiss.gif

Enjoy! I love the Glossimers.
yes.gif

ilorietta

What is the staying power of the new Coco Rouge?
I like Paris and Cambon but they look like they won't last a minute on the lips!
th_dunno.gif