General Chanel Chat

MzzRach

Re: Chanel Discussion & Must Haves

On me the Coco Rouge formula lasts a few hours. I would say they are not as long lasting as the Rouge Allure formula, at least on me. YMMV.
winkiss.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilorietta
What is the staying power of the new Coco Rouge?
I like Paris and Cambon but they look like they won't last a minute on the lips!
th_dunno.gif

I've got both of those and they lasted on me 4-5 hours.

Kiraling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
No idea...but do you know what is new about the formulation?

The new formulation on the website just popped up. Here's the description:

OLD formula is called: Satin Smoothing Fluid Makeup
NEW is: Moisture-rich Radiance Fluid Makeup

New: Quote:
The ultimate solution to tired skin, the best-selling CHANEL foundation now instantly revitalizes the complexion upon application — and throughout the day. The formula has been updated with new ingredients to specifically target dry, dull and uneven skin, and moisturizing agents to provide hydration and comfort. A marine extract boosts cell energy to enhance radiance, and mineral-based pigments smooth away imperfections, creating a soft-focus effect. Creamy and luxuriously lightweight, this essential daily foundation blends effortlessly for perfectly smooth, even-toned, radiant skin.

For comparison, old: Quote:
Anti-fatigue, hydrating formula delivers a young, radiant look, as lines, wrinkles and imperfections seem to be erased. Ultra-gliding fluid provides light-to-medium buildable coverage with a dewy finish to enhance skin's natural glow. Protects against aging UVA/UVB rays with SPF 15.

Was Vitalumiere always mineral-based?. I'm annoyed -- I wanted to switch to Chanel because Diorskin Nude's mineral-based liquid has been giving me trouble lately, like most mineral foundations do. Hopefully this isn't the case.

EDIT: Looks like this could be a potential march for porcelains! Albatre (0.5) in Teint Innocence was still too dark/yellow-toned for me. Description of Diaphane in the new Vitalumiere from a Chanel rep: Quote:
Diaphane is the
lightest shade of our VITALUMIERE foundation line, with an intensity of
0.2 with slight pink undertones.

Winthrop44

^^ I figured it would be pinky. Won't work for me, but I hope it will for you. I am very happy with my Chantecaille Future Skin in Porcelain. That's pretty neutral so if the new Chanel doesn't work for you you might consider giving it a try.

I ended up with several Rouge Cocos and love them all - Camelia, Gardenia and Orchidee. Orchidee is without a doubt the brightest lipstick I own, but it's gorgeous! The scent is thankfully really not bothering me at all. I am going to order Teheran if Chanel.com ever gets it back in stock.

stv578

I finally got around to trying the Rouge Coco l/s today! To be honest, I was a bit hesitant since three of the four colours I picked were really out of my comfort zone. But today I was not in the mood to bother with eyeshadow (which is extremely rare). So I decided to throw some liner and mascara on and try out one of my Chanel lippies. I picked Mademoiselle, and let me say, this colour is definitely popular for a reason! I honestly think this shade will work with any skintone! It is gorgeous, a nice bright neutral pink shade with a touch of coral to it. Both of my kids commented on it!

This lipstick wears extremely well (I saw someone had asked about this a few posts down). I had a cup of tea and it was still on after, and my lips did not dry out at all. So to sum up, I love this formula!

Oh, and Winthrop, Gardenia looks stunning! I wish we had this here. I should look into it, sometimes we get things here that are exclusive to one store in the U.S.

Winthrop44

ITA about them wearing well, so much better than the MAC lustres I usually wear. I know Australia has Gardenia as a regular shade, Canada may very well too. I waited too long to get it online and ended up having to call the other side of the country to get mine. lol

Miss QQ

When I picked up my Chanel tattoos today, I asked the MA when will we be getting Rouge Coco and I was told late April. What a long wait.
sigh.gif
Each tube of a Rouge Coco costs the same as Rouge Allure in my country.

CoralBlast

i need a bit of help i just got dragon laquer and being aware of reds bleeding would you guys suggest red enriched or cherry as a lip liner ?

stv578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winthrop44
This blogger recommends Gardenia to those with medium olive skin tones here...she's wearing it with MAC Ripe Peach:

The Gloss Goss: Blush/Highlighter Combination & Coco Rouge 13

drools.gif
I have to find this!

Edit: I checked the Chanel site (Canada) and it's not listed on there. I'll be calling around tomorrow to see what I can find out. Boo.

greatscott2000

Who here likes the Rouge Coco in Teheran?
I can't wait for the Summer collection, I called and put my name on the list for Nouvelle Vague and Riviera Nail Polishes. I'm debating on a good coral l/s and want to try Genial when it comes out and Teheran when its in stock.

Winthrop44

Shadowy Lady has Teheran and I just arranged a swap for one. I spoke with Chanel online yesterday and they told me as of now they do not plan to restock it. They did say that could change, and that they were recording how many people called asking for it, but if you can get your hands on one from someone else now I would.

bumblebees24

Has anyone tried the UV Essentiel Protective Care SPF50? It seems ridiculously expensive for a sunscreen.

sailordom

I picked up three of the Rouge Coco lippies yesterday, but I think I'm going to have to return them.
th_dunno.gif

For some reason, the smell is really, really bothering me. I wore Camelia yesterday and today. Today, it gave me an awful headache and made me slightly nauseous. Normally I don't notice scents; the MAC lippie scents, for example, fade for me after a short while.

I hate to say it, but the smell reminds me of some icky perfume my grandmother wore when I was a child.
shockt.gif

So disappointed; I really wanted to love these. I love the way they look on me and how they don't dry out my lips!

Winthrop44

^^ I hear you. While I don't love the scent of these, it luckily doesn't bother me either. Scent is so YMMV. Just about everyone on here loves the MAC Tendertones and they make me horribly nauseous. I so wanted those to work for me.
ssad.gif

Shadowy Lady

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatscott2000
Who here likes the Rouge Coco in Teheran?
I can't wait for the Summer collection, I called and put my name on the list for Nouvelle Vague and Riviera Nail Polishes. I'm debating on a good coral l/s and want to try Genial when it comes out and Teheran when its in stock.

I have Teheran and swatched it a few pages back. I love it coz it's a more pinky coral...as in the pink is as apparent as the coral. Very flattering on me (I'm NW25). I also have an FOTD here and on my blog wearing it if u wanna check it out
smiles.gif