General Chanel Chat

Almus

Quote:
Originally Posted by purrtykitty
So, I just placed myself a nice little congratulatory order because I tentatively have a job!!!!!! All I need to do is to pass an FBI background investigation. I got myself the Chanel Enigma quad and Rouge Fatal, and somehow the two Dior holiday polishes and a couple Burberry items worked their way into my order, too...well, I had to order enough from Nordies to get free shipping.

I can't wait until I get the official offer. I'm going to splurge a little on some clothes. Soo excited!!

Congratulations Karin!! Both for your new job and your awesome haul
th_DANCE.gif
I have seen the Dior np somewhere and I felt totally in love with one of them. I hope you make one of the wonrderful reviews you do on your blog about them
th_rolleye0014.gif
th_happy1.gif

mrslid

Quote:
So, I just placed myself a nice little congratulatory order because I tentatively have a job!!!!!! All I need to do is to pass an FBI background investigation. I got myself the Chanel Enigma quad and Rouge Fatal, and somehow the two Dior holiday polishes and a couple Burberry items worked their way into my order, too...well, I had to order enough from Nordies to get free shipping.

I can't wait until I get the official offer. I'm going to splurge a little on some clothes. Soo excited!!

That is fabulous news Karin!!
congrat.gif
You already know your background check is fine so the offer will arrive anytime! Nice order! I swore I wouldn't do pricey nail polish like Chanel but when I saw the Czarina Gold on TheBeautyLookBook I just fell in love with it! Let us know how you like everything. and of course when you get the offer!!!

Winthrop44

Quote:

YAY!! What wonderful news! Congrats!
pompom.gif
pompom.gif
pompom.gif

purrtykitty

Thanks everyone! I will most definitely do a review of the Dior polishes. I got them not only because they looked pretty, but so that I could branch out a little more and do a review. I tried to find a quint to get, but I think I'll have to go to Sephora and play with them in person.

sailordom

Thanks everyone! I will most definitely do a review of the Dior polishes. I got them not only because they looked pretty, but so that I could branch out a little more and do a review. I tried to find a quint to get, but I think I'll have to go to Sephora and play with them in person.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the quints! I've been branching out lately (hence, how I discovered and fell in love with Chanel a few weeks ago) and have been considering picking up some Dior. But I have no idea where to start!
shrugs.gif

I haven't started on high-end nail polish (a few MAC are as pricey as I've gotten) yet. I'm almost afraid to try a Chanel polish after seeing the raves. It could start a new obsession!

Miss QQ

Hello to the new interface! I'm guessing it still needs some tweeking and also some getting used to from us.

Almus

Just woke up and I think my brain needs some adaptation to the new interface
wondering.gif
Thank you so much for all the improvements made, I'll sure get used to it fast (I hope
rofl.gif
).

bis

Woah, I am gone a week and I am totally lost! Did you see, there is a barf-smiley now.

Karin, huge congrats on the job
smiles.gif
And I like your congratulatory order a lot. Like you I like the quints from Dior, so far I only have Misty Mauve and I like it a lot (colours are very workfriendly though).

And be careful when working around the house, although I like the painting by kitties thing.

color_lover456

yea i agree with everyone...i love this chanel thread but let's show the dior and guerlain (is there even a guerlain one) threads some love!! i have been wearing my butterfly meteorite pearls lately and they make my skin look fab!

mrslid

Yay I'm so excited!! I'm going for a free consultation for laser eye surgery tomorrow. My hubby is actually letting me go even though it may mean he has to put the kids to be on his own so he must be actually at least considering letting me do it. We can't afford it but I'm so frustrated with my glasses and I haven't been able to wear contacts for the last 8 years or so. Imagine everyone being able to see my eyes and my Chanel eyeshadow!!
party.gif
Hopefully it is a price I can live with and we can work something out! I would be so happy to be glasses free for our trip to Mexico in January!!!

purrtykitty

Official word came today, and I am hired! I feel another congratulatory haul coming on...although I think this one will entail some clothes and shoes.
party.gif

And, we finished painting the front side of the exterior of our house! I'll have pictures up on le blog very soon.

Shadowy Lady

Congrats on the potential job offer Karin, sorry I'm late but I just saw it. Oh and Nora, congrats on the house. I know it's tiring now, but nothing like new house and decorating it. It's always so satisfying.

So I'm currently on vacation; spent 3 days in NYC and am now staying with friends in Baltimore. I did some major clothes shopping so I need to go on a no-buy for a while now. I did get Chanel Pleasing glossimer too though. Love the shimmer in this!

Talk to you ladies soon when I'm back to Canada!

elegant-one

Official word came today, and I am hired! I feel another congratulatory haul coming on...although I think this one will entail some clothes and shoes.
party.gif

And, we finished painting the front side of the exterior of our house! I'll have pictures up on le blog very soon.
I am unbelievably happy for you!!! I really really kept that in my heartfelt daily prayers. Awesome - more makeup for Karin
th_kiss.gif

Bonitinha

Congrats on the potential job offer Karin, sorry I'm late but I just saw it. Oh and Nora, congrats on the house. I know it's tiring now, but nothing like new house and decorating it. It's always so satisfying.

So I'm currently on vacation; spent 3 days in NYC and am now staying with friends in Baltimore. I did some major clothes shopping so I need to go on a no-buy for a while now. I did get Chanel Pleasing glossimer too though. Love the shimmer in this!

Enjoy your vacay! Speaking of clothes shopping . . . I'm kinda in the mood to go splurge at the mall
smiles.gif

Miss QQ

Have fun!

bis

party.gif

Congratulations
smiles.gif

Agree with the other girls, a new job always requires a lot of shopping
winks.gif

Latest posts