General Chanel Chat

elib067

and thank you everyone that welcomed myself and Bryant. You girls are truly one of a kind and super special. It's nice to know you have automatic friends who share the same hobbies as you!

Miss QQ

Happy birthday, elegant!
party.gif

Megan, share with us your reviews on the BB palettes in the BB thread. I'm interested in BB holiday collection this year.

Mrslid, I'm sorry about your Cambon RC mishap too. After a few uses it will look fine. I also smooched the top of my Chintz RC after just one use, but luckily it wasn't too bad so it looks fine now. I've said it before, I find it tricky to cap the RC lipsticks. The cap fits too snugly and I always have to wiggle the cap a little to close it and hear the "click".

Camnagem

Yes, I thought that too, but in daylight it looked much more silver. So far I could not bring myself to try it and Petit Monstre. I so want PM to look great on me, just for the name. Let me know if you like it when you tried it.
I tried the Melusine Duo today and I have to say that I actually really like it! You'll have to let me know what you think when/if you give it a try.
winkiss.gif

If you're interested, I took some pics and did some comparison swatches and posted those in the NARS swatch thread and the Holiday Discussion thread.

Bonitinha

My poor hubs cannot keep track of all of my wishlists from the different makeup lines. Today he came home all frustrated and said "I went to MAC on my way home from work and asked for the Pink Lassie lipstick and they didn't have it." I can only imagine the poor make up artist thinking "what is this dude talking about??" LOL He heard me talking about the lipglass set in the tin called Sassy Pink Lassies. You gotta love a guy for trying!

I think I will just keep a list of all Chanel items I want and put in on the fridge. That way he will always know
smiles.gif

Camnagem

My poor hubs cannot keep track of all of my wishlists from the different makeup lines. Today he came home all frustrated and said "I went to MAC on my way home from work and asked for the Pink Lassie lipstick and they didn't have it." I can only imagine the poor make up artist thinking "what is this dude talking about??" LOL He heard me talking about the lipglass set in the tin called Sassy Pink Lassies. You gotta love a guy for trying!

I think I will just keep a list of all Chanel items I want and put in on the fridge. That way he will always know
smiles.gif
That's priceless...so cute!
love.gif

From Karla Sugar's site, Anne Hathaway at a premiere wearing mostly Chanel: http://karlasugar.net/2010/11/anne-hathaway-movie-premiere/

She's just gorgeous!
sigh.gif

Miss QQ

^^ I was going to put this link up here too.
smiles.gif
I'm really doubtful that she is wearing only Santal on her lips. Santal is a peachy nude on me while on her in the picture, it is a rose with a touch of coral.

Awwww...that is so cute!!!
lol.gif
He's a keeper!
iagree.gif
So cute!

bis

smiles.gif

That's so cute! I told my bf about it and he told me that maybe I should do the same
winks.gif

Camnagem

Hi Ladies!

I hope all of you are happy and doing great.
friends.gif

It's snowing here today (our first snowfall of the season), and it's just beautiful outside. I'm super house cleaning for a Thanksgiving/my birthday visit from my parents and eagerly awaiting some packages that should be arriving today from UPS. My BB order is taking it's sweet time and won't be here for a few days, but some additional Sephora items, my Chanel quad and some decorative holiday candles should be here today. I love package days!

I'm also starting to plan my Christmas wrapping theme this year (yes, I always have a theme, lol) and I think I'm set on Tartan paper and gold ribbons. I got inspired by the MAC collection, and I think I'll run with it! Do any of you plan your wrapping stuff ahead of time or am I unique in my crazy? I really enjoy everything about Christmas, including wrapping gifts...even if it does take me forever to finish.

What's everyone else up to?

elegant-one

Snow...yep, we had a little flurry last week - but now we're in the mid 60's. I'm working on my outdoor tree. I do 3 sizes of white trees with white lights & then I wrap large boxes in red door foil with white ribbons & large silver jingle bells.

I know we've talked about it before, but yeppers, I do the whole wrapping paper bows & tags theme too. It makes it so special when you start planning it all out. This year is silver paper with white branches - red birds - cream birds - red bows & ribbon.

Last year, I was
th_crazy.gif
enough about it that I actually cut my own mistletoe out of 2 different colors of green felt (pretty not yucky green) & then I hand stitched gold & silver jingle bells to the centers of the mistletoes
lol.gif
That was the package toppers.

The tartan idea is fantastic! I was inspired by it too - I'm getting a red plaid neck scarf
lol.gif

Bonitinha

You ladies are hired to come do my wrapping for me! LOL I started Christmas shopping a few weeks ago and am loving it!! I love any Winter Wonderland type of theme! I have lived in the cold weather for a long time, but I grew up in Florida where we were wearing shorts and flip flops on Christmas day -- sounds crazy, but I kinda miss that sometimes. I've always wanted to go to Hawaii for Christmas -- is that wierd?!?

bis

Thankfully no snow yet, sorry purrtykitty. I am still hoping for a milder winter this time, I swear I was cold for half a year last winter.

I love to pack up presents nice and cute as well, but in my family we decided we do not get each others presents any more. So I only get something for the bf and that is traditionally packed up on Christmas Eve. And no Christmas decorations either, now I feel like such a bad housewife.
blush-anim-cl.gif

Camnagem

I was a California native until the Colorado move, so having seasons beyond "sunny" and "rainy" are still new to me. I had never even seen snow before moving to Colorado a few years ago! My first white Christmas was so beautiful, I will never forget it.

Elegant - I love your theme this year, it sounds so pretty! I tend to go overboard with crafty homemade decorations too, but I love it and that's what matters.

Bis - I'm sure you're not a bad housewife!
winkiss.gif
I'm just Christmas-crazy.
lol.gif

Bonitinha

Meg -- I also love your idea of the Tartan wrapping paper! I am thinking I might do all kinds of Scottish shortbread this year for neighbor gifts and somehow wrap them with a tartan plaid fabric. Let the holidays begin!
yahoo.gif

elegant-one

Hi Guys!!!

so I got my Imagination & Rivoli lipsticks today
love.gif
both!!! And, Rouge Fatal np.

Imagination is such a perfect kind of lighter candy pink its so pretty on. And Rivoli IS all that on
heart.gif
Prepping my nails tonight for RF.

I miss some of our ol pals
th_dunno.gif

elib067

Hi Guys!!!

so I got my Imagination & Rivoli lipsticks today
love.gif
both!!! And, Rouge Fatal np.

Imagination is such a perfect kind of lighter candy pink its so pretty on. And Rivoli IS all that on
heart.gif
Prepping my nails tonight for RF.

I miss some of our ol pals
th_dunno.gif
Please take pictures for us! I would love to see that combo on you!