getting acquainted - a friendly poll

orodwen

Where do you live?
US, near the rockies in colorado.

What do you do?
i'm a SAHM as well as a contingency employee w/ aveda.

Are you a cat or dog person?
i'm an ANIMAL person. :p

Reading anything at the moment?
my latest aveda training manual.

What is getting major play on your music system of choice?
i listen alot on our mac & i usually tune into stations on shoutcast.

What have you seen recently at the cinema and following anything on TV?
i don't watch tv but i/we do have a plethora of movies. the last thing i watched was something we have on dvd but i forget what it was.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: kinda groggy, sniffly & restless

But generally speaking: smiley to a fault, prone to headachey, vivid inner-world, rural-minded & earthy....to the point of sometimes being deep underground or in the shade type of dark (the goth me i guess.)

Shoe Crazy

Where do you live? Tampa, Florida.

What do you do? I am an Admin. Asst. at a property management company.

Are you a cat or dog person? I was always a cat person until recently now I love both cats and dogs.

Reading anything at the moment? Carson McCullers- The Heart is a Lonely Hunter. Oprah's book club
th_wink3.gif

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? Tori Amos, Green Day and Gwen Stefani.

Last movie I went to see was Sin City and it was awesome! As I type this I am watching the apprentice. I am a Law and Order freak so I am always watching that. I also follow America's next top model, The L Word and whatever else I feel like watching at the time.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Stressed, exhausted and drained.

But generally speaking: Opinionated, stubborn and open hearted.

Tulea

Where do you live? Midwest

What do you do? I'm a student, currently searching for a job.

Are you a cat or dog person? Dogs, have two at home.

Reading anything at the moment? nope, just reading school related books, nothing good at all.

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? The Killers.

I just saw the Ring 2 and it was crap. I might go see Sin City tonight.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Bitter, Patient, Stressed

But generally speaking: Not enough time for anything.

ishtarchick

Where do you live? Puebla, Mexico.

What do you do? I'm taking this semester off, but I'm a Psychology major, just 1 year more to go and I finish college. I work in a cafe shop part time to have money for my hobbies (MU, parties, crafts)

Are you a cat or dog person? I'm allergic to both, but I just LOVE dogs.

Reading anything at the moment? lord of the rings 2, and Deception Point by Dan Brown.

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? Frequence 3 webradio, OASIS, and their new single "lyla" looooove it!

hhmmm lemme think, I think I saw miss congeniality 2 last week, I love Charmed.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: bipolar, manic depressive, obsessive-compulsive LOL just kidding, I'd say easy going, friendly, creative.

But generally speaking: nerdy hahaha, talkative (very), lazy arse.

laceymeow

Where do you live? Chicago, IL., USA

What do you do? I *was* a vet tech for over 5 years, then I recently took a chance and started working at a bank, but now I'm jobless.
ssad.gif

Are you a cat or dog person? I adore cats.

Reading anything at the moment? Just magazines right now (InStyle, Cosmo, etc.)

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? <3 Gwen Stefani's solo album, No Doubt's "Return of Saturn" album, some random latin house mix...

I haven't seen anything at the theatre recently... I think the last one I saw there was "Meet the Fockers". I rent a LOT of Japanese/Korean/Chinese films though.
greengrin.gif

As for television, I'm addicted to American Idol and America's Next Top Model.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Confused, tired, silly.

Cygnette

Where do you live? New York City.

What do you do? I'm a teacher currently, looking to go back to grad school though.

Are you a cat or dog person? Cat but I am getting to like dogs a lot more too.

Reading anything at the moment? Just finished the Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, one of the best books I've ever read (and I read a *lot*)

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? My usual Metallica, but also Gwen Stefani and the Black Eyed Peas lately.

I saw Sin City recently and it was really good, kinda dark. For TV, I'm addicted to Lost, but also really like Scrubs, Medium, Jack & Bobby, and I'm getting to like House.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Hardworking, outgoing, funny

Chelsea

Where do you live? Alberta, Canada

What do you do? I'm a makeup artist. I'm going to school soon.

Are you a cat or dog person? totally cat person

Reading anything at the moment? magazines.. lol

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? garbage bleed like me

What have you seen recently at the cinema and following anything on TV? im going to see sahara tonight and last night I watched sideways, the matrix, and jackass.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: stupid annoying bitch

But generally speaking: perfectionist, misread, caring

mrskloo

Where do you live? Hawaii

What do you do? I'm a stay at home mom right now. Planning on going back to school and double majoring in Administration of Justice and Psychology.

Are you a cat or dog person? Both.. but grew up with dogs all my life.

Reading anything at the moment? Dry by Augusten Burroughs

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? Gosh, it's old ones... MI6 and Goldfinger.

What have you seen recently at the cinema and following anything on TV? I just finished watching Meet the Fockers. The Incredibles and Aqua Teen Hunger Force is on constant rerun due to my son.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Me, myself, I.

veilchen

Where do you live? Vienna, Austria

What do you do? I'm working part-time as an office-assistant, having to earn money for my doctoral dissertation.

Are you a cat or dog person? Definitely dog ...especially love the big ones like Newfoundland dogs.

Reading anything at the moment? I'm reading various books, mostly for my studies (Literature and History), and Hardy's Jude the Obscure to make time pass on the bus ;-)

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? Mozart, love him right now ...

What have you seen recently at the cinema and following anything on TV? Just saw The Merchant of Venice and love it - no one beats Al Pacino, he's so gorgeous as Shylock ... When it comes to TV, I've become totally addicted to Desparate Housewives. I thought nothing could ever be better than Sex and the City, but this show is so wonderful.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: perfectionist, quiet, reserved

ilovedisneyland

Where do you live?East Bay, California

What do you do? Go to school, hang out with friends, listen to music, play with makeup <3

Are you a cat or dog person? I like bunnies but if i had to pick i guess i would go with a samll dog.

Reading anything at the moment? The Notebook. (its a lot different then the movie but still realllly good.)

What is getting major play on your music system of choice?Hellogoodbye, Feeling Left Out, and The Spill Canvas. emoooooooo

What have you seen recently at the cinema and following anything on TV? Robots and Fever Pitch, I loved them both.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: fun, outgoing,nice

ah thats hard i think im a little off

eyeshadowfreak

Where do you live? Chicago

What do you do? HR Rep at a non-profit

Are you a cat or dog person? Both!

Reading anything at the moment? LOTR, again

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? Rob Thomas, Maroon 5, LOTR Soundtracks, and a wide variety of everything else

What have you seen recently at the cinema and following anything on TV? Miss Congeniality 2 was the last movie I saw, following Desperate Housewives, Alias, and Lost on TV

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Loyal, crazy, kind

HotPink

Where do you live? Naptown, MD

What do you do? I work in the Mental Health field. It keeps things interesting.

Are you a cat or dog person? Well, I have two cats....

Reading anything at the moment? Lately I have been reading In Touch Weekly...I recently developed a slight addiction to Hollywood gossip
oh.gif
ops: The last book(s) that I read were The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath and Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella.

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? I have a 6-disc changer in my car....currently playing are Sublime, 50 cent, Maroon 5, Usher, Gavin Degraw and DMB (my fav). As for the radio, I have been listening to mostly Modern/Alt Rock stations. The Hip Hop/Rap stations are getting too repetative.

The last movie I saw was Fever Pitch which was super cute. As for TV, I watch way too much of it....currently my top three shows are Gilmore Girls, the O.C., and Grey's Anatomy.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: I will give you a phrase - High Maintenance (as if a MAC girl could be anything else
th_wink3.gif
)

But generally speaking: Seriously though, I would have to say...compassionate, intelligent (most of the time anyway), and totally glam!

amandamakeup

Where do you live? Montreal, Canada

What do you do? I work in an office for a retail store, and I freelance on the side

Are you a cat or dog person? Cat
Reading anything at the moment? Nope

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? U2 how to dismantle an atomic bomb, and the best of pearl jam

What have you seen recently at the cinema and following anything on TV? in the cinema,,, Closer, and on tv, americas next top model, I love that show!

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Crazy, nuts, nice.

thats me!

Cruella

Where do you live? Massachusetts, USA

What do you do? I'm a librarian. Yeah, I know, sounds boring but I consider myself a cool librarian

Are you a cat or dog person? Both. I have 5 cats & 2 dogs.

Reading anything at the moment? Just finished reading Rohinton Mistry's "A Fine Balance." Next on the nightstand is a book about the Green River Killer.

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? I have Rhapsody music service which I lurve so I have been listening to Brian Eno's "Here Come the Warm Jets" and a lot of the Jam/Style Council/Paul Weller. I'm old, give me a break
oh.gif
ops:

I just watched a great documentary on transexuals called "Southern Comfort." It was actually really sweet & touching. I've been watching "Revelations" on TV and my favorite shows are "American Dreams," "Joan of Arcadia" and "CSI."

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Snarky, queenly and sharp.[color=#EEC4DD][/color]

tatethegreat

Where do you live? San Jose, Californiaaaa

What do you do? I'm a high school student, which sucks. I do amuse myself, however, by doing musicals and other performing arts type things, which I love!

Are you a cat or dog person? Neither, animals kinda bug me

Reading anything at the moment? Catch 22, very good. And Merchant of Venice for school. I can't stand Shakespeare.

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? Oh geez, Gwen Stefani, Radiohead, The Strokes, Bright Eyes, Modest Mouse, Maroon 5 (seeing them on Thursday night!!!), Franz Ferdinand, and lots more.

What have you seen recently at the cinema and following anything on TV? I've recently become addicted to that new show Greay's Anatomy. I adorrrrrre it!!!! And Degrassi. Yes. Movie-wise, I haven't been in a while. Last night I was suppossed to see The Interpreter, but my friend flaked on me
ssad.gif

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Lazy, perfectionist, bossy

Paola H.

Where do you live?

In the South of Spain, by the sea
greengrin.gif

Are you a cat or dog person?

Mmmm... neither

Reading anything at the moment?

The Da Vinci Code and Don Quixote de la Mancha
th_wink3.gif

What is getting major play on your music system of choice?

U2 Rocks!!! and I love Rolling Stones, Sugababes, Xtina Aguilera, Avril Lavigne, Skye Sweetnam...

At the cinema Alfie... And on tv... films and spanish tv serials
th_wink3.gif

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself:

Only 3????

Shy, nice and (too) perfectionist!

joytheobscure

hopefully!

Here we go...

Where do you live? USA- Midwest- soon to be Southern Midwest.

What do you do? Disgruntled HS teacher. (that'll work) I will be unemployed here in about 23 days ::::happy dance::::: I think I will apply at Ulta (seriously).
Are you a cat or dog person? Cat

Reading anything at the moment? Yes, I'm reading a book about Ebola

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? Right now I listen to alot of Keith Urban-a lot. Currently its his first album "at the ranch"

I went to see- I can't remember it was before christmas- I want to see hitchhikers. I like to watch, Vh1-Vh1classic, reality shows on MTV- videos on MTV2 - Fuse- CNN- Science Channel- Fashion Channel and E. Short attention span.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Procrastinator, obsessive, goal oriented (thank god for that or I'd never get anything done, lol)

shopgirl151

Where do you live? USA. Midwest, to be exact. Nowhere exciting.

What do you do? Last year of undergrad studies. Then I'm going to go on and do graduate work to obtain my MLIS and probably a Master's in English as well.

Are you a cat or dog person? Both. I have one of each and could never choose one or the other. Though I must say, I appreciate the dog's need to have attention at all times. It's frustrating to be sound asleep at 3 am when the cat comes in, demanding attention.

Reading anything at the moment? Just Jane by William Lavender.

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? Keane

I can't even remember the last film I saw at the theatre. Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason, perhaps. I'm currently watching Pride and Prejudice, the BBC version.
smiles.gif

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Shy, quirky, and moody.

canadiangirl_1117

Where do you live? British Columbia, Canada

What do you do? I'm a stay-at-home-wife, due to a back injury I'm not able to work.

Are you a cat or dog person? Dog (I have 2)

Reading anything at the moment? DaVinci Code by Dan Brown and still working my way thru The Stand by Stephen King.

What is getting major play on your music system of choice? U2, old stuff, new stuff. I'm still kind of buzzing from their concert last week, it was AMAZING.

Last movie I saw in a theatre was Meet the Fockers. DVD it was Napoleon Dynamite for the 4th time *LOL* TV is the OC and Family Guy.

Lastly, 3 words to describe yourself: Outgoing, listens, friendly

Latest posts