Gorgeous Eyes Collection (August 15, 2013)

BuickMackane

Skippety from me. I bet quite a few of these end up at the cco. MAC is launching too many at once plus all the restocks. I did not want to chance missing pink pepper so I checkedout before it loaded.
Wut? No Hold My Gaze?
icon_eek.gif

Heresy!

Odelia

I caved in and got Pink Freeze. I could NOT resist Bruised Plum
heat.gif
love.gif

I got my order yesterday and when I swatched Deception (which I heard was the problem shadow) I was expecting a big fail...but I didn't find it bad at all! So I'm really happy with the palette!

It might not be as opaque/full on pigmented in 1 swipe but that's something I like. I have no problem building up a shadow. I'm always worried my eyes are too intense lol.

ChosenOne

**whines again** Where is Idol Eyes? I am thinking it didn't make the cut lol.
I'm whining right along with you!! Finally had a chance to check out the promo images of these (a little late to the party, I know). They actually look quite nice, but the only one tempting enough that I might actually buy it is the Idol Eyes quad. I know Idol Eyes e/s is perm, but I don't have it in my stash, and more importantly, those other 3 colors in the palette are to die for! And of course it's not even on the site! This will require some investigation...I want those colors!!

sagehen

I'm whining right along with you!!  Finally had a chance to check out the promo images of these (a little late to the party, I know).  They actually look quite nice, but the only one tempting enough that I might actually buy it is the Idol Eyes quad.  I know Idol Eyes e/s is perm, but I don't have it in my stash, and more importantly, those other 3 colors in the palette are to die for!  And of course it's not even on the site!  This will require some investigation...I want those colors!!
I have not seen this quad anywhere it has been made available for sale. I have looked on Macy's Bloomingdales and Nordstrom as well as MAC. This was one that I was most lookig forward to. I was looking forward to all of the colors EXCEPT Idol Eyes which is a glitter-bomb mess for me. But those greens...those greens...

ChosenOne

I have not seen this quad anywhere it has been made available for sale. I have looked on Macy's Bloomingdales and Nordstrom as well as MAC. This was one that I was most lookig forward to. I was looking forward to all of the colors EXCEPT Idol Eyes which is a glitter-bomb mess for me. But those greens...those greens...
I'm with you there! I'm having an online chat with MAC right now to try to figure out what happened. I really stumped the poor girl, lol. If I actually find anything out, I'll pass the info along!

ChosenOne

UPDATE: I finished my chat with MAC CS and was lucky enough to get a girl who was determined to find out what happened to this quad for me. Here's what she ended up discovering:

Well I hate to disappoint after ALL this but it seems that quad did get mixed-up somehow. It's actually from a collection called Lovely Eyes that launch exclusively in Asia. I am so sorry for the run-around! That's why I couldn't find it in my spreadsheets, etc. It's only in Asian markets.

So I'm really bummed out that the Idol Eyes quad is only in Asia, but maybe it will make its way to the US eventually? Anyway, if anyone does the live chat and gets Maura, she rocked my socks. We were chatting for about 45 minutes while she looked tirelessly for this quad, and she was totally pleasant the whole time! I actually hit the End Chat button not realizing that the survey wouldn't come up if I did that, so I immediately called MAC CS and asked to speak to a supervisor to give this girl a rave review. She deserved it!

sagehen

@ChosenOne - thanks for tracking this info down. I was wondering what happened, and at least you found an answer. Disappointing nonetheless, but the mystery is solved.

erine1881

UPDATE: I finished my chat with MAC CS and was lucky enough to get a girl who was determined to find out what happened to this quad for me.  Here's what she ended up discovering: Well I hate to disappoint after ALL this but it seems that quad did get mixed-up somehow. It's actually from a collection called Lovely Eyes that launch exclusively in Asia. I am so sorry for the run-around! That's why I couldn't find it in my spreadsheets, etc. It's only in Asian markets. So I'm really bummed out that the Idol Eyes quad is only in Asia, but maybe it will make its way to the US eventually?  Anyway, if anyone does the live chat and gets Maura, she rocked my socks.  We were chatting for about 45 minutes while she looked tirelessly for this quad, and she was totally pleasant the whole time!  I actually hit the End Chat button not realizing that the survey wouldn't come up if I did that, so I immediately called MAC CS and asked to speak to a supervisor to give this girl a rave review.  She deserved it!
Yeah it wasn't on the display at the counter this morning either. They had a second tester of one of the quads in its place instead. :(

DMcG9

I went to my local Mac store today to check out the Retro Mattes in person and imagine my surprise when the MUA also showed me that all the Gorgeous Eyes quads had shown up for release on the same day. They look pretty but I think they'll be a pass for me... although I own none of the greys in the Melt My Heart quad, so correction, I might be persuaded to get that at some point.

DMcG9

Saw all these quads in my Mac store today when I went to check out the Retro Mattes. No Idol Eyes quad though as you ladies have also noted and checked with CS. Oh well. At least they're in store now.

Mac4Megan

When I was at my counter picking up retro matte lippies the MA told me these palettes are perm. They were displayed in the unit with the veluxe pearlfusion palettes.
Is this old news and i'm just late to the party?
th_dunno.gif

MACina

When I was at my counter picking up retro matte lippies the MA told me these palettes are perm. They were displayed in the unit with the veluxe pearlfusion palettes.
Is this old news and i'm just late to the party?
th_dunno.gif

Maybe we will have "semi-perm" quads instead of MES this year
th_dunno.gif

There haven' t been any news on new MES.....so maybe quads this time???

martiangurll

When I was at my counter picking up retro matte lippies the MA told me these palettes are perm.  They were displayed in the unit with the veluxe pearlfusion palettes. Is this old news and i'm just late to the party?
th_dunno.gif
They were listed as LE in the info given but with MAC these days who knows?