Gorgeous Eyes Collection (August 15, 2013)

Audrey C

I ended up getting Showstopper today, together with Liqueur lipglass (missed that when Indulge launched) and VGI lipglass. I had to get that since the original VG was my first MAC purchase and it's been my HG red for 20 years.

PixieDancer

Picked up Showstopper and Hold My Gaze with my last online order for Retro Mattes. They are both nice looking quads. I can see myself using them a lot. Especially Showstopper. Very nice everyday palette.
Too bad about the IE quad! I wanted that one too!

Addict4MAC

Maybe she thought the quads were perm because all of them contain perm/repromotes.
girlhaha.gif

Audrey C

Hm...not loving the Showstopper quad on its own. It's a little pale and almost cool on me. I like the colours individually, but I really need to add a warmer shade into the mix. I'll have to try mixing it up some. My favourite MAC quad remains Bare My Soul.

PixieDancer

Hm...not loving the Showstopper quad on its own. It's a little pale and almost cool on me. I like the colours individually, but I really need to add a warmer shade into the mix. I'll have to try mixing it up some. My favourite MAC quad remains Bare My Soul.
Yeah! That quad is LOVE! The taupe-ish shade is dreamy! Wish MAC would always put out well edited and great quality quads like this!! When one comes along it shouldn't be so surprising.

erine1881

That's how they get ya! You can't just buy a quad to make a complete eye look, like one would think you could. You have to buy 1-2 additional separate shadows in addition to a quad to have a complete look.

Audrey C

That's how they get ya! You can't just buy a quad to make a complete eye look, like one would think you could. You have to buy 1-2 additional separate shadows in addition to a quad to have a complete look.
Thankfully I have another 6843 shadows, so I can just work these colours into my rotation. But yeah...would be nice if a quad could stand alone.

martiangurll

Yep that's always been the rub wirh the quads. Not that it stopped me from hoarding em. Sometimes I put two quads together and the eight shades together have enough choices it works.

Spikesmom

My thoughts so far on the quads I've used so far.

I love Showstopper and I even used it on it's own. I didn't add one thing and I love that about it. LOVE LOVE LOVE

I used Devlishly Dark today. I did add a shadow.. I used Saddle in the crease. I bought this one because I didn't own any of the shadows so I thought it was a win, win. It's meh. I have so many neutral palettes, shimmery peaches, gold shadows etc.. that I could have easily duped this one. Bummer.

I have used Hold My Gaze yet. Not sure how I will make that one work or what color it seems to be missing. Any thoughts on that one?

jennyap

I'm way behind the curve but I got a chance to see / swatch these today. Seriously considering Melt My Heart and Hold My Gaze quads. The others didn't grab me. I particularly fell in love with Hold My Gaze shadow - anyone know of any dupes for it?

hickle

This collection came out in August. It's now April. Eight months later, this collection is still being sold in Mac Stores. How much longer until it goes to the CCO? I want to pick up Hold My Gaze, but I don't want the other 3 colors in the palette. I'm wondering if there are still those Tartan Holiday palettes with Hold My Gaze in it that I could pick up at the CCOs. Wish they just sold a single of this.

LavenderPearl

This collection came out in August.  It's now April.  Eight months later, this collection is still being sold in Mac Stores.  How much longer until it goes to the CCO?  I want to pick up Hold My Gaze, but I don't want the other 3 colors in the palette.  I'm wondering if there are still those Tartan Holiday palettes with Hold My Gaze in it that I could pick up at the CCOs.  Wish they just sold a single of this.
I'm pretty sure these are permanent. :)

martiangurll

This collection came out in August. It's now April. Eight months later, this collection is still being sold in Mac Stores. How much longer until it goes to the CCO? I want to pick up Hold My Gaze, but I don't want the other 3 colors in the palette. I'm wondering if there are still those Tartan Holiday palettes with Hold My Gaze in it that I could pick up at the CCOs. Wish they just sold a single of this.
I'd say another 1-3 months. If these are perm, it could take a while, but they will eventually end up there.

Mac-Guy

They are perm, therefore they won't hit CCOs any time soon.

hickle

I just saw your reply. I ended up breaking down and buying these at the store, but before I did that, I called around and found that they were at a couple of the CCOs near me. I just couldn't justify spending $8 on gas to save $6 on the quad. :'(