GOSH Cosmetics

Darkness

Yup, I went to Superdrug yesterday to purchase the Gosh Duo Fibre brush, the one similar to the MAC 187 and didn't realise the offer was on.
th_LMAO.gif
So I went back today and purchased the x-large, small and round eyeshadow ones. Can't wait to use them!
th_DANCE.gif

jenizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEmma
GOSH is on 3 for 2 in Superdrug at the moment

Awesome! I'm off to London on Friday, I'll have to stock up
greengrin.gif

Sophie040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness
Yup, I went to Superdrug yesterday to purchase the Gosh Duo Fibre brush, the one similar to the MAC 187 and didn't realise the offer was on.
th_LMAO.gif
So I went back today and purchased the x-large, small and round eyeshadow ones. Can't wait to use them!
th_DANCE.gif

Do you like the Gosh duo fibre brush? im thinking about buying it..

makeupmadb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie040

I have it and it does shed a lot and bleeds (though I have a MAC brush that bleeds too). I don't like using it for foundation as it isn't all that dense. It's good for applying blush quite sheer and loose powder. I can't compare with the MAC 187 brush though as I haven't got it yet.
Hope this helps!
smiles.gif

Heiaken

I have the Gosh duo fibre brush that I dont' use anymore. It's been washed about ten times and has stopped bleeding. If someone want's it just ask
smiles.gif
I can post it to you if you pay the p/b.

kateybabey

mm, i love gosh. i got one of their giant GIANT "sun powder's" (bronzer) that will last 1 million years because it is enormous.
smiles.gif
plus it makes me so glowy and lovely. And their liquid eyeliners last for ages., ..not that I would know personally...but i read somewhere that they really will not rub off you MUST wash em, good for me, cause i'm too lazy to reapply often.

chirufus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princesa Livia
i read on another thread that Gosh has their own version of the MAC 219 (but i thought to ask the question here though.. if that's alright since this is more of a GOSH thread than the other) but anyway, i was wondering how their 219 dupe compares to the MAC 219 itself?

would anyone care to share their thoughts on it? (size, texture of bristles.. etc compared to the MAC 219 brush) i really want a pencil brush, but i find the 219 to be quite expensive..
smiles.gif

I only can compare with my 2 219 brushes from the holiday and colour form collection and with one I got from Coastal Scents.

The Gosh one is a little bit thicker...and the rest of the size is the same (length of the bristles). Comparing with the one from CS Pink Round Crease eye brush 1.49$ the G one is thinner and softer and better quality. I find that CS one is to big to use on the lower lash line.
My personal conclusion is; buy the Gosh one it's a perfect substitute for the MAC 219.

They also have a substitute for the 239 from MAC
thmbup.gif
(Gosh Flat eye shadow brush)

I hope it helps a bit.

Sophie040

Quote:
Originally Posted by makeupmadb
I have it and it does shed a lot and bleeds (though I have a MAC brush that bleeds too). I don't like using it for foundation as it isn't all that dense. It's good for applying blush quite sheer and loose powder. I can't compare with the MAC 187 brush though as I haven't got it yet.
Hope this helps!
smiles.gif

Thanks! Hmm I think I will save my money for the MAC 187 then
smiles.gif

nunu

I think that their quads are over priced for drugstore items. I just stick to their pigments and eye pencils. I bought 3 of their brushes and they are great. Eyeshadow brush, brow brush and a pencil brush. I prefer Barry M's pigments because the GOSH ones can be too glittery.

jenizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateybabey
but i read somewhere that they really will not rub off you MUST wash em, good for me, cause i'm too lazy to reapply often.

I can confirm that - they just will not come off! I found hot water and a bit of cleanser did the trick though!

User49

I haven't tried anything but it did catch my eye as the packaging is very mac-ish. Does anyone know if they test on animals or anything about this company? I'm not a fan of trying make up without know a bit about it.

Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie040

I cannot compare it to the MAC 187 as I haven't tried MAC brushes yet. I didn't want to spend a huge amount on brushes right now, so it seemed like the Gosh ones had good reviews. The Gosh duo one seems great up to now though; I just use it for blush and it's fine with no shedding at all. You do get what you pay for, and I'm sure the Mac 187 is far superior. If you don't feel like splashing out £28 pounds, I think the Gosh one is the next best and it can't do any harm having two brushes, it will always come in handy.
yes.gif

Miss Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunu
I think that their quads are over priced for drugstore items. I just stick to their pigments and eye pencils. I bought 3 of their brushes and they are great. Eyeshadow brush, brow brush and a pencil brush. I prefer Barry M's pigments because the GOSH ones can be too glittery.

How funny is that, i was saying the same exact thing to a friend last week! But alas I have s[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif']uccumbed [/font]and will venture down to Superdrugs this week to give it go!

Does anyone know if they are still doing the 3 for 2 offer?

thelove4tequila

I only have 3 GOSH items and I loooooooove them! Liquid e/l (very similar to MAC LLL) and a loose pigment. Love love. The liquid liner last forevvver. I had to use special makeup remover to get it all off. They have a lot of great colors ranging from neutrals to brights!!! I cannot say enough about them.

US ladies, they do have a web site and they DO ship in the US but I noticed its over double of what you will pay in Superdrug (where I got mine) even with the dollar/pound exchange rate.

I shared this in the "Hauls" forum but I'll post it here also. This is what I got last week.

IMG_1019.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

Nail Polish

IMG_1011.jpg

Superdrug kicks ass. I love England!

foizzy

@ ladies using the extreme art liner: What do you use to take it off?
I swatched it on the back of my hand and the only thing that I have that seems to be doing the trick is witch hazel and even that takes some doing?

I had planned a look for tomorrow but if I can't figure out a way of taking it off w/out stressing my skin it's not going to happen!