Green Concealer

ladyJ

I've been looking into getting a green concealer but I don't know which one is best to get. I was thinking about MUFE camouflage concealer and physicians formula. I don't know of any other brand to look into. I am very acne-prone and have oily skin also. Any suggestions? Also, any suggestions on a peach concealer? Thanks in advance!

gildedangel

MAC Pro has both a peach concealer and a green concealer in little pots like the eyeshadow refills. Jane makes a decent green concealer, and the MUFE is great too! You can get a palette with both the green and the peach from them!

ShortnSassy

i personally just use a green stick concealer from covergirl. i've used the physician's formula one and the mac one too and i really didn't notice a difference between the three of them. it's totally personal preference in my opinion.

I've tried the physicians formula & although the color formulation is pretty effective on my rosacea, the texture of it just doesn't work for me. By mid-day it seems to exagerate any uneven texture & using a primer just makes it harder to blend.

I just ordered the mufe camo palette which includes a green so I'll post again once I give it a try.

LaGoddess

nyx actually has a fab green concealer in a jar. i love it. i just pat some on any redness, let it dry, then apply my regular toned concealer and it totally just disappears into perfect,even toned skin! my skin is usually clear so i'm a drama queen over the smallest pimple lol. this stuff really saves me.
smiles.gif

MacAtFirstSight

i have mufe camoflauge one in green and find that they work very well, as long as your face is moisturized. it tends to get a bit cakey if you aren't because it's a pretty thick formula. also, it's extremely pigmented, so you only need a little bit to cover... i'm combination oily and acne prone, and had no problems with the MUFE concealer.

hth

SerenityRaine

meh, green concealers bring back so many bad memories! They used to be a staple durin HS/early college. In HS my teacher thought I was sick & said I was green around the gills when in fact I was fine. My friends dad thought I looked Marilynn Manson pale. Things you don't really want to hear after all that time putting make up on.

Ever since I discovered Benefit's You're Bluffing concealer I will NEVER go back to green concealers again! It gets rid of the redness without draining you of color. A lot more natural looking, IMO. The green ones always made me look like a ghost.. HTH

Benefit also has a loose & pressed yellow powder.

cheriekoala

For green concealer, I'm using MUFE camouflage concealer. But for peach concealer, I will go for e.l.f. the liquid concealer.

FiestyFemme

My favorite green concealer is Everyday Minerals Mint. It totally takes away redness without making me look like an alien. My fave thing to do with it is to mix equal parts with their Sunlight (yellow) concealer. That conceals the redness even better, I've found. They make a great Peach concealer too. I'm very acne-prone, but they don't give me any problems.

ladyJ

Thanks for all your suggestions!

Has anyone tried the sonia kashuk hidden agenda concealer palette? I was reading the reviews and it seems like a lot of people like it.

User38

I still have my green secret cover..lol. I also have a green in the MUFE palette.. and, for peach I use LM or BB. As far as an inexpensive line for peach concealer, I would try the Physicians formula -- there is a peach and a yellow concealer split in one pan
smiles.gif

LaGoddess

What does peach concealer help hide? I know yellow hides dark circles but I've never heard of peach. Am I weird? lol

Makeup Emporium

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaGoddess
What does peach concealer help hide? I know yellow hides dark circles but I've never heard of peach. Am I weird? lol

It's based on opposites on the colour wheel...peach hides blue/bluish tones (under eye circles, veins, bruises) etc.

shellyky

i have the green physicians formula 'cubes'...although they do work, i found the texture to be weird also like someone said. very dry--and by the time i'd put my foundation on top of it, it would almost just brush off. I would consider my skin DRY until i put on any form of makeup its super oily, and of course sensitive and acne prone. The brand didn't have any ill effects on my skin so that was good. I havent tried any other brands since. However although a little different, was considering trying the green Photofinish.

pink_lily82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyJ
Thanks for all your suggestions!

Has anyone tried the sonia kashuk hidden agenda concealer palette? I was reading the reviews and it seems like a lot of people like it.

I have the SK concealer palette and it works pretty well for the price you pay. I use the peach color for undereye circles and green for blemishes. The consistency of each concealer is pretty creamy and easy to blend out. I think the only gripe is that the regular concealer and finishing powder are a little too light for me. But I have other concealers that I use so it's not that big of a deal. Other than that, it's a good bargain for a palette with different shades of concealers.

Quick first impression of the MUFE concealer palette: this green is a much better texture for me than the physicians formula I'd tried before (my first green purchase). Should probably say the PF was in a tube with doe foot applicator because I think they've got more than one. That might be better for small red spots where drying might be a good thing ;> but not if you're in the flaky, healing stage! My issue is rosacea which covers a larger area & tends to be a little rough. Sephora has some useful reviews with application tips that are worth a look. A little goes a long way & it will still cake if you use a heavy hand.
Another nice thing is that the center well of the mufe palette has a yellow undertone & I think I'll be using that on small red spots. Easier to blend out & reminds me of a yellow cream concealer from Mary Kay that was my highschool holy grail.
I have to say the 2 things that made me go for the mufe palette were (1) by the time I bought two different colors separately I would've paid almost as much as for the palette which has five (2) I was dying to try the mufe face&body foundation and I assumed these two products from the same brand would be more likely to be compatible than mixing matching brands.
The mufe palette also has a salmon shade by the way, I was eager to try that but it may be a little dark for me. I know that wasn't your question but for the record it does not crease under the eye as long as you use a light hand.

Meant to add a question:
MUFE has a product called HD Microperfecting Primer that comes in 7 shades including neutral and one of those is green. Any opinions? Also I wonder if it is only for their HighDef foundation or would it work with face&body too?

tepa1974

I use the Bobbi Brown peach corrector in the shade Bisque and am still looking for a green corrector. I recently got a "green" corrector from MAC Pro but it looks white in the pan! WTF LOL Haven't yet tried it but will definitely do so in the next few days. HTH

Simply Elegant

Quote:
Originally Posted by asprettydoes
Meant to add a question:
MUFE has a product called HD Microperfecting Primer that comes in 7 shades including neutral and one of those is green. Any opinions? Also I wonder if it is only for their HighDef foundation or would it work with face&body too?

I have the older green primer in the original packaging and it's not really great. It doesn't make much of a difference as to how much concealer I need as I'm either covering up redness or the insanely pigmented green primer and only a tiny dab is needed.