GUCCI Makeup

Debbs

I just read your post again ICL :rofl: @ you threw a pink eyeshadow in for extra measure to balance out all the bronzes and coppers How did I miss that the first time. Hilarious :lol: I keep browsing the site and jotting notes like I am doing a special research! :doomed: Did take that one mental health day which makes me free until the weekend (ugh 3 day weekend ) but lots of playtime during the week

NYCBeautyJunkie

@Icecaramellatte Saks will be carrying this line as well as Neiman Marcus, although I don't know when. I'm assuming next month hopefully.

I'm still trying to map out haul items. I've been burned so many times by inaccurate online pics, lol. Doesn't help that although returns are free on Gucci.com, that it's only if the product is unopened.
ohboy.gif

Icecaramellatte

@Icecaramellatte Saks will be carrying this line as well as Neiman Marcus, although I don't know when. I'm assuming next month hopefully.

I'm still trying to map out haul items. I've been burned so many times by inaccurate online pics, lol. Doesn't help that although returns are free on Gucci.com, that it's only if the product is unopened.
ohboy.gif
Good to know about Saks and NM. I did notice that the free 2 day ship is ending on the 15th. I wonder how much they will charge after that.

Msfaszion

ohboy.gif
I read the same thing online which allowed me to pump my brakes because I'd hate to spend all that money and not enjoy my items without the option of returning. How can I see if I like the item without opening it?

NYCBeautyJunkie

Quote: Originally Posted by Msfaszion

I read the same thing online which allowed me to pump my brakes because I'd hate to spend all that money and not enjoy my items without the option of returning. How can I see if I like the item without opening it?

Right?! I think it even mentioned keeping it in the plastic/cellophane wrapping... so it's like, damn, if it's wrapped in plastic I can't remove it to look at it in case I may want to return it? I may just wait for it to pop up in boutiques, but I've never been good at sitting on my hands.

Msfaszion

Right?! I think it even mentioned keeping it in the plastic/cellophane wrapping... so it's like, damn, if it's wrapped in plastic I can't remove it to look at it in case I may want to return it? I may just wait for it to pop up in boutiques, but I've never been good at sitting on my hands.
It said exactly just that because I was excited to see the 2 day shipping and free returns then I scrolled down and noticed that beauty can only be returned unopened in original packaging. No bueno! My problem is I'm obsessing over here because I want to buy something so bad that this board is giving me life with any type of comment or response LOL! I just can't spend that kind of money sight unseen to be stuck with something I'm unhappy with.

Vandekamp

I agree 100% with you ladies. If I can't return it I can do without it. I'll move on to the next collection. I hope Bloomies gets the collection.

Debbs

Gucci day will be on Wed!!! I just got tracking info emailed to me.They use Fed-ex. Package delivered to Fed-ex at 253pm today. Almost got into trouble trying to manipulate my schedule but all is well in the universe. I work tomorrow as scheduled and off Wed anyways so it's just perfect. And my boss is happy! Lol Gucci dancing!!!

NYCBeautyJunkie

It's cruel right? I'm seriously searching high and low to see something. I'm glad I was able to see the bronze and gold shadows. The gold looks more like an army green with gold specks.
Yes, that's why I'm so grateful that you found that link! It's not as 'gold' as I thought it'd be, which is perfect for me, personally.

ETA: Looking back at the swatches on the Gucci site, the eyeshadows seem pretty close to what's shown on the site! That gives me hope...

Msfaszion

Yes, that's why I'm so grateful that you found that link! It's not as 'gold' as I thought it'd be, which is perfect for me, personally.
@NYCBeautyJunkie so true as I actually thought it was literally gold. It was good to read that the shadows are very pigmented. I'm so excited. Good thing is you can add the gold to your list if you have not already ... LOL!

NYCBeautyJunkie

Soooo, this happened today...

DISCLAIMER: These pics are washed out no matter what I did (lighting in my office is HORRIBLE) and SOOOO NOT accurate in regards to the color IRL. Imagine them with the 'auto-enhance' setting... that's what they look like in real life.

Nude Freesia Blush-- a soft neutral pink (pinker IRL and beautifully pigmented. I was worried it wasn't going to show up on my dark skin, but it does with so much EASE. I love pinky/nude/neutral colors like this for everyday.

Soft Peach (a TRUE soft PEACH IRL...)

The creme de la creme out of the 3 blushes... I had a hard time capturing the true color of this blush, like the others. It's appearance IRL is much more darker/richer. It's GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!

Cherry Nectar

Autumn Fire Quad... Once again, the colors IRL are turned up by 100... very vibrant and punchy, it's beautiful.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the pics, NYCbeautyjunkie! The blushes look gorgeous, I could see myself getting Nude Freesia but will try to wait for swatches of all the shades.

Vandekamp

Nice haul @NYCBeautyJunkie. I'm kinda jealous. Lucky you. I can't wait to hear your review. Did you get any lipsticks?

style-addict

Thanks for sharing your photos !! @NYCBeautyJunkie
I wonder if this will pop up in stores soon?

I'm at work right now, so I can't get on youtube, but Huda Kattan has a great video up with first impressions of the collection.

Sorry, I just saw that the video has already been posted.