Guerlain discussion

lunadestella

^^ UrbanState

jawdrop.gif

OMG, you look amazing! What did you use? I love, love, love this look and wish I was half as good as you at applying. What lip color did you use? It's gorgeous :)

I don't want to put you out of your way to find out, but if you have time to call I'd love to know the date :) It's probably going to be online soon, I imagine. Thank you so much for sharing all this with us. Your swatches have convinced me to save up for these goodies.
The original launch was planned for March 27th, so they were late :D But luckily Saks has them. No idea when it goes online, but if you want I can try to find it out by calling my Guerlain consultant (she's just awesome!) ;) Anyway - it shouldn't be too long :)

bis

[quote name="UrbanState" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-anyone/240#post_2108538"]

Thank you so much
kissy.gif

Today I tried to pull off the Inca make up of Natalia Vodianova ... I had just one picture to refer to, so it's far from perfect, but still - if you wish, check it out here (click). Since I didn't get the Inca eyeshadow palette, I tried to dupe it with eyeshadows I already have in my stash. I'm curious what you think (granted I'm not a makeup pro, so please be understanding ;)

If anyone has a link to blog with a good Inca Eyeshadow review, please share - I'd love to see it "in action" :)
[/quote] That looks great. Do you mind sharing what you used to create the look? :)

UrbanState

That looks great. Do you mind sharing what you used to create the look?
smiles.gif
Thank you :*

This is the full list of makeup I used:

1. MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer, NC15.
2. BRTC Jasmin Water BB Cream.
3. Milani Advanced HD Concelaer, Light.
4. Guerlain Parure Pearly White Pressed Powder.
5. Guerlain Terracotta Bronzer, 03.
6. Guerlain Terra Inca Sublime Radiance Powder.
7. Urban Decay Primer Potion, Original.
8. Eye shadows from the following palettes:
- YSL Tresor d'Afrique (dark blue )
- NYX Runway Collection, 08 Secret World (orange)
- Guerlain, Brun Mordore (dark brown )
9. Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-on Pencil, Zero.
10. Armani Armani Eyes To Kill Excess Mascara, Black.
11. MAC Lipstick, Beigeland.
12. Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector, 02 Apricot Shimmer.

Miss QQ

^^ Very pretty! Is Terra Inca very shimmery?

So the eye shadow has an overspray. Looks easier to use when the layer is gone.

pippa!

wahhh! :( apparently terra inca won't be out in the uk til june 5th. i'm impatient but at least that gives me time to save for it i suppose! i really like the look of the kohl too :)

bis

^^ Me, too. Has someone used the Guerlain Kohls before? How are they self-sharpening? TIA

Miss QQ

I have no idea how the kohls are self sharpening too. My counters always get Guerlain collections very late so I think I'm getting it in June too. Amy@cafemakeup has reviewed terra inca. It looks quite shimmery. Or maybe it is the flash?

http://cafemakeup.com/2011/04/guerlain-terra-inca-bronzer/

bis

[quote name="Miss QQ" url="/forum/thread/62889/guerlain-anyone/240#post_2108834"] I have no idea how the kohls are self sharpening too. My counters always get Guerlain collections very late so I think I'm getting it in June too. Amy@cafemakeup has reviewed terra inca. It looks quite shimmery. Or maybe it is the flash?

http://cafemakeup.com/2011/04/guerlain-terra-inca-bronzer/
[/quote] I will ask my SA when the collections come out. CafeMakeups pictures made me drool all over my keyboard when I say it this morning. Probably the flash makes it shimmerier, although it has shimmer on her face in the last picture. Cannot wait to swatch it for myself :drools:

UrbanState

^^ Very pretty! Is Terra Inca very shimmery?

So the eye shadow has an overspray. Looks easier to use when the layer is gone.

It is shimmery, but not as much as f.e. the Dior Shimmers. I have an oily skin and wouldn't apply it all over my face, but on the photos of cafemakeup the chick looks absolutely gorgeous ...

Ingenue

Thank you so much
kissy.gif

Today I tried to pull off the Inca make up of Natalia Vodianova ... I had just one picture to refer to, so it's far from perfect, but still - if you wish, check it out here (click). Since I didn't get the Inca eyeshadow palette, I tried to dupe it with eyeshadows I already have in my stash. I'm curious what you think (granted I'm not a makeup pro, so please be understanding ;)

If anyone has a link to blog with a good Inca Eyeshadow review, please share - I'd love to see it "in action" :)
You look gorgeous! I'm dying to get my hands on that eyeshadow... I need to call the local Saks and see if they have the collection in. It's still not online.

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thank you so much
kissy.gif

clapping.gif
I think you did a phenomenal job of recreating the look! It's nice for me because seeing it on your skin tone actually gives me a better idea of what it would look like on me than the promo photo did. I can see this collection is going to cost me a lot...

UrbanState

@lunadestella: I called around and nobody seems to know when this collection is going to hit the online stores :( Sorry :(

clapping.gif
I think you did a phenomenal job of recreating the look! It's nice for me because seeing it on your skin tone actually gives me a better idea of what it would look like on me than the promo photo did. I can see this collection is going to cost me a lot...

Thanks so much! :* This is really sweet of you :*

Terra Inca Powder should be a perfect blush/highlighter for you if you're on the fair-light side - it gives such a gorgeous glow! If it weren't all so expensive I would have bought all of the cream shadows as well - they seem to be really worth a while ... I might be even going back for at least one of them ... their texture and pigmentation are just *amazing* !!!

lunadestella

Thank you UrbanState for asking about that for me. :) It was nice of you. You know, I bet it'll probably be online in the next two weeks or so. It seems to work like that with other collections. *fingers crossed* or at least I hope so anyway, hehe.

katred

Specktra Bestie
The powder and the lipglosses are on the Nordstrom website!
yahoo.gif

You know what annoys me? Nordstrom is actually cool enough to give their price in Canadian dollars if you log in as a Canadian customer. And the price is slightly lower than in US dollars (which makes sense). When the collection arrives here, it will be quite a bit more expensive. Too bad Nordstrom charges a minimum $25 for shipping to Canada!

lunadestella

I'm hoping this comes to Saks soon because I have a 10% off code I can use. But it'd be nice if Sephora got this in either tonight or tomorrow while the 15% off sale is still going on. $25 for shipping?? That's crazy.
ohboy.gif

katred

Specktra Bestie
The craziest thing about shipping is that they charge it no matter what you order (up to a certain size, one assumes) and ship in the same size box. I ordered one lipstick from them- the shipping turned out to be as much as the lipstick and the damn thing came in a box the size of my ribcage!!!